[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest marvie_carl

2008 MBC Acting Awards

December 30th, 2008 // by javabeans

mbcaward_ssh1.jpg

MBC hosted its awards ceremony for the 2008 Acting Awards on December 30. Let me first reiterate that I think these end-of-year broadcast-station awards are mostly meaningless. That said, this year’s Daesangs were TOTAL WEAKSAUCE, MBC. Top honor (the “Daesang” grand prize) went to…

Oh, you mean it was split this year? Between Beethoven Virus’s much-lauded epitome of awesomeness, Kim Myung-min, and East of Eden’s overblown and overrated Song Seung-heon?? I mean, I could understand going for the sentimental vote and awarding deceased Choi Jin-shil (she got a lifetime achievement instead), but Song Seung-heon winning acting awards is in itself a joke.

mbcaward_daesang1.jpg

You know what that means: MBC really thought Kim deserved it but was too afraid of pissing off Song. After all, this IS his first television role back from army duty and a five-year gap since his last. He couldn’t be the star of a big-budget drama series with soaring ratings and NOT get an award, even if his acting is hardly the heart of the show, right?

Don’t get me wrong: He’s improved immensely over the span of his career. However, as mi madre says, “He had nowhere to go but up” since he started at the bottom of the barrel and has just now worked his way into “acceptable” range. But really, when the Daesang losers still win for Top Excellence, there’s no good reason to split the Daesang. (Unless, again, we’re going for sentiment and co-awarding Choi, but that’s a rare scenario indeed.)

mbcaward_winners1.jpg

So the big individual winners of the night were undoubtedly Kim Myung-min, Song Seung-heon, and Lee Yeon-hee:

mbcaward_kmm4.jpgmbcaward_ssh2.jpgmbcaward_leeyeonhee5.jpg

But drama-wise, East of Eden was the most awarded, which isn’t surprising since it was one of MBC’s only hits in a lackluster year. To celebrate, its cast was (almost) all in attendance. Noticeably absent: dissatisfied actress Lee Da-hae. She and Dennis O (who was present) were also two of the only big names who didn’t get awards.

Song Seung-heon is looking mighty fine, but he tends to remind me of a robot. Like one of those burnished faces in A.I. — looking almost unnatural for its sculpted, angular beauty.

mbcaward_ssh5.jpg

Lee Yeon-hee was one of the best-looking on the red carpet, but to be honest, she didn’t have much competition — everyone else was looking rather dull, frankly. Her dress is one of many boring black-or-white choices; very little color was seen at the awards, which makes everything seem all the more dull

mbcaward_leeyeonhee1.jpg

Han Ji-hye’s heart-cutout dress seems a little too cutesy for the event, but given a night of uninteresting frocks and bland suits, she stands out with her fab makeup and hair

mbcaward_hanjihye3.jpg

Jo Min-ki (still gray for his ongoing role) and Yoo Dong-geun both collected awards for East of Eden

mbcaward_jominki1.jpgmbcaward_yoodonggeun2.jpg

Like everyone mentioned above, Lee Mi-sook and Park Hae-jin also won awards for East of Eden

mbcaward_leemisook2.jpgmbcaward_parkhaejin2.jpg

More awards for East of Eden! (Sometimes I think they create award categories just to allow all the cast members to get something.) Yeon Jung-hoon stands with fellow award-winner Lee Dong-gun, who took home a statuette for When Night Comes (although co-star Kim Sun-ah didn’t).

Congrats to the men and all, but can I just say: Yeon Jung-hoon, are you wearing a cummerbund? Without a tie? Who do you think you are, an orchestra member on a seniors singles cruise? In the ’80s??

mbcaward_yeon_ldg1.jpg

A word to the wise: tapered pants look good on NO ONE. Dennis O proves that even very tall, fit men can look stumpy — er, at least, stumpier — with a bad pant cut

mbcaward_dennis3.jpg

And East of Eden even swept the child category — all three winners were featured in the earlier childhood segments: Nam Ji-hyun, Park Gun-tae, and Shin Dong-woo.

mbcaward_namjihyun1.jpgmbcaward_parkguntae1.jpgmbcaward_shindongwoo1.jpg

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're welcome...It makes me happy to see the cast win many awards.

The rest of the pictures from the award show...

luvsoompivs01900007mo1.jpg

luvsoompivs02200069as5.jpg

Congratulate to EOE casts!

Lee Mi Sook and Park Hae Jin are really deserved to receive these awards for their excellent performance!

I feel so sorry for Lee Da Hae.

It was an expected big win but congrats anyway. They deserve it soemhow.

It was an expected big win but congrats anyway. They deserve it soemhow.

Happy new year to everyone.

Guest avicenna

thank u Luv for ur caps.....u r the best as always and expected from great person like u, most appreciate it

i just can not believe.... it's just non professional to take LDH picture from the poster, until the day of the awards, she was still in the show....

congrats to the winners although it feels like they stuffed a lot of awards to this show....

kim bum deserved to win an award but from what i read he did not .....how shame

what about Yeon Jung-hoon ???? he was awesome in the show and not a single award ???? ....what a shame

i saw that LDH did not attend the award as well ???? why things turned out like this ???? i hoped that she would leave without hard feelings between the channel and her and will enjoy the last connection with the show with this awards show....she did very well in the show, has she been nominated @ least ???? they just removed her from the show like they were waiting for this opportunity.....good lord...anyway.....

congrats from my heart to HJH, PHJ...i was so happy and wanted really to c them win... they really deserved it....

sorry if i offended anyone without noticing, it was not on purpose....

happy new year alll

Guest White Star

kim bum deserved to win an award but from what i read he did not .....how shame

I was a bit upset too...he wasn't even nominated.....i guess he didn't really fit any catergories.....He play the young DC so he should be in the child star catergories, but since he's too old...(only a couple of years younger than LYH)...he should be in the New Comer catergories....but because he was in EoE for only 5 episode.....not an on-going cast so......beside it would also means that he would be compete against PHJ.

anyhooo....the guy still have many years left to grab himself a daesang or two.

+WS+

Guest danceplaylove

What episode did Young Ran perform in the pink traditional dress? I was watching it and I never saw that part... ._.

Guest marvie_carl

"Saehaebok mani paduseyo"

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL....

Congrats again to all EOE cast...

well it's really sad that they took out the picture of HR at the main poster...

even if LDH nominated in that event...

Guest melyssa

Happy New Year everyone ... Also, congratulations to all award winners.

Thanks Luv for all the screencaps of the MBC awards ceremony and also those of PHJ-HJH as presenters in KBS awards ceremony... ^^

2008 MBC Drama Awards

Thanks cutiepie for the cuts ... really appreciate your effort! ^^

By the way, will you be doing any cuts for those of KBS awards ceremony too? I am looking for cuts with PHJ-HJH presenting there ... thanks^^

Guest comaixanh

What episode did Young Ran perform in the pink traditional dress? I was watching it and I never saw that part... ._.

I remember in Ep 17

:blush:

Guest crazymovie

Update

MASTER region 3

1_37177.jpg

NO ENGLISH SUBTITLE

더빙 : 한국어

자막 : 없음

등급 : 15세관람가

화면비 : 1.85 : 1 Anamorphic Widescreen

오디오 : Dolby Digital 2.0

지역코드 : 3

디스크수 : 9disc

DISC1–01부,02부,03부(196분)

DISC2–04부,05부,06부(204분)

DISC3–07부,08부,09부(218분)

DISC4–10부,11부,12부(224분)

DISC5–13부,14부,15부(188분)

DISC6–16부,17부,18부(189분)

DISC7–19부,20부,21부(189분)

DISC8–22부,23부,24부(193분)

DISC9–25부(65분),서플먼트(67분)

:::스페셜피쳐

- <에덴의동쪽>스페셜

:::줄거리

사랑과 야망, 그리고 복수와 화해의 대서사 드라마!

Update

MASTER region 3

1_37177.jpg

NO ENGLISH SUBTITLE

eh?? :blink:

so basically this is just for people in korea to get their hands on ep 1-25??

wait doesn't yesasia sell dvds with subtitles?? :blink:

Archived