[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

I am jus guessing. For I think Mr. Gook is Jh's father and Yr is her sister wow what a coinsident then the happy ending is there DC to Yr and MH to JH, what a happy family. What do you think? I think I like this plot more.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am jus guessing. For I think Mr. Gook is Jh's father and Yr is her sister wow what a coinsident then the happy ending is there DC to Yr and MH to JH, what a happy family. What do you think? I think I like this plot more.

Viewers Hoping for Dong Chul and Young Ran Happy Ending

I'm agree with you two :rolleyes:

I don['t think JH is STH daughter. If she is, why didn't STH force JH's mother to get an abortion? (Rebecca was forced to go through abortion, yet JH's mother wasn't?!) I still hope for DC YR pairing. If its going to be HR and DC, i'm not going to watch the drama anymore....

Guest jimmylee78

I still hope for DC YR pairing. If its going to be HR and DC, i'm not going to watch the drama anymore....

i think u should just keeping watch the drama till YR die or something because if YR still alive u still have a chance that ur couple might end up together in the end but it only mine opinion u can do what u think is best for u

:lol: Jaefan--- one thing I notice when shooting that scene. SSH... loves to eat. :lol:

yeah.He's like eating every time in the video.o_O LOL.

thx for sharing the youtube link jaefan cant wait too see the bts

Welcome.:)

thanks cutiepie for the videos! ^^

please do not stop supporting the drama because the couple you like won't end up together. come on everyone. :D besides we don't know for sure who will end up with who.

Guest comaixanh

I don['t think JH is STH daughter. If she is, why didn't STH force JH's mother to get an abortion? (Rebecca was forced to go through abortion, yet JH's mother wasn't?!) I still hope for DC YR pairing. If its going to be HR and DC, i'm not going to watch the drama anymore....

Me too, if DC and HR will be a couple while YR still alive. I'm not watching this drama anymore too :sweatingbullets:

Hope happy ending for DC - YR :blush:

LDH has just proven herself to be an outstanding actress with her multi-dimensional portrayal of HR. In episode 24, her character switches from a wisfful, giddy woman looking lovingly at DW, her object of affection to a self-confident, business woman trying to persuade DC to sell his land; I was so astounded by her performance that I watched all her scenes over and over again. In her scene with DW, her face emanated an inner glow, a radiance that made her exceedingly beautiful.

The contrast in HR's demeanor is evident from the way she behaved in front of DW and the way she conducted herself in front of DC.

dwhr3_ep24.jpg

dchr9_ep24.jpg

Welcome astronica, hope we will see more of you sharing your thoughts with us.

Guest Chianna

If I am not mistaken, Baek is coming back to ask for HR's hand in marriage.

I'm not so sure he will, I've no doubt that's what he wants but Baek has come across as more crafty than that. I don't mean in a STH stab you in the back kinda way but in a more softly softly getting the horse to trust you before before trying to saddle it. There has to be a better way to put that but what I mean is I think Baek will manuver himself to be HR's friend/ally, as he has been doing with helping her father, first and then when he's indispensable ask for more.

can someone explain to me why president gook had his own hand stabbed?

i understand that he stabbed his RIGHT hand because odng chul was his "RIGHT hand man" and is no longer working for him.

but why is dong chul not punished at all? president gook believed dong chul to be unloyal/chaellenging him, so he would not expect dong chul to feel pain at seeing president gook's hand getting stabbed. why did he leave dong chul totally unharmed and only hurt himself?

You raised a very good point 5613love. I have a feeling that Mr. Gook has confidence in DC that he would keep his promise and proof of that is their conversation in jail when Mr. Gook told him that he trusts DC but not his daughter. His action is similar to that of the Yakuza. The Yakuza has a ceremony of cutting the finger, symbolic of an atonement or apology for a debt where the transgressor cuts a portion of his finger and hands it to the person he owes his debt to. In Mr. Gook's situation, he had his hand stabbed; at first I thought it represented that he is cutting ties with DC but after I saw him in Episode 24 when he visited DC at the junkyard and learned that he has done that on several occasions to ask DC to return to him as his right hand man, I believe that he had his hand stabbed as his apology to DC that, although he likes him as his right hand man, he cannot accept him as the person whose good enough for his daughter. He also did it for the benefit of YR to scare her enough not to go back to DC and seek him out. I would not even be surprised if it was DC who tipped Mr. Gook of his and YR's whereabouts; he was very calm when YR was hysterically asking him what they ought to do when they saw Mr. Gook's boat approaching and quietly told her to relax and just continue eating; DC's demeanor showed that he was expecting the arrival of Mr. Gook.

I'm not so sure he will, I've no doubt that's what he wants but Baek has come across as more crafty than that. I don't mean in a STH stab you in the back kinda way but in a more softly softly getting the horse to trust you before before trying to saddle it. There has to be a better way to put that but what I mean is I think Baek will manuver himself to be HR's friend/ally, as he has been doing with helping her father, first and then when he's indispensable ask for more.

Agree with you on this Chianna; Baek ingratiated himself to the Min family to be closer to them, especially the parents, so that he is in a better position to have HR for himself. It's been two years from the time he helped HR's father with his surgery and probably on other things as well, so that he is now going to call in the favor by coming back to ask for HR's hand in marriage.

Guest imogene_af

Maybe not so much him as more like, her family. That's why Hye-rin cannot believe they are doing this to Hye-Rung. The Mins want to marry into the Baeks and Hye-rin is their key.

As for Guk not stabbing DC, there are many factors--- but I think one of them is he has a soft spot for Dong Chul no matter what. He KNEW they ran away but he did not get them as soon as possible, he was even eating comfortably as he talked about it.

EOE Preview:

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_jn/20081...%20%B5%BF%C2%CA

What it says

- Dong Wook suspected of attempted murder, Dong Chul arranges his release but his mission included him going to Hong Kong.

- In Hong Kong he learns of Young Ran, who is now in a mental ward tied up in her bed, the impact of what happened two years ago being too much.

---

TIED UP?! WHAT THE HELL?!

Guest imogene_af

imogene: she may be tied up because she tried to hurt herself?

It just sounds so extreme... please don't put her in a straight jacket. That's like really insane territory.

She did have suicidal tendencies when she was younger, though. :( how sad.

Guest kim_calvz

ooohhh!!what a warm welcome!!!!!thanks guys!!!

_______317.jpg

definitely i will share my thoughts about Min Hye-rin and Lee dong-chul...i am waiting for them from the start...but then kinda loosing my hopes because there are still no romance between them.

i like this thread....and all the oppions('bout the loveline of Lee Dong-chul and Min Hye-rin)tellin' me not to stop watching East of Eden..because i am resentful everytime there were no happenings between them!!!...how happy am i when i saw Episode 24....i want more!!!

Guest kim_calvz

Hello kim_calvz! I actually see you at d-addicts if you like Min Hyerin you can visit Lee Da Hae's thread.....her acting in EOE is discussed more in depth there or if you like the other actors in EOE you too can visit their official sites here in soompi......Hope to see you more often in soompi....... :lol:

you were there in d-addicts..???

i hope i will enjoy this thread..thanks!!!

thanks for your suggestion...i will definitely be on Lee Da-hae's thread!!!

YR must have gone through a lot of emotional turmoil and stress at and after the scene at the beach where she saw her father holding the knife. I think her first thought at that time was her father was going to kill DC .Then she had a bigger shock (noticed the pause to the sound effect when the knife stabbed gook) seeing her father hurted himself by the stab of the knife instead.. That actually is the trigger point for what is to follow later ie. she definitely has the attacks again and it has progressed through the deeper stages within the 2 years. It must have got very bad that is why she has to be warded in hospital. The scene in the preview for EP 25 shows that she is under very heavy sedation undergoing a method used in the normal treatment to help calm her .She must have suffered a severe attack just before DC showed up at her bed side. Please do not be alarm with the hands tied-just normal treatment process because she must have lost herself and became deranged and her behavior a bit on the violent side, that is why they have to tie her to the bed to prevent her from hurting herself.. Very sad for YR but like I said earlier, her sickness has been with her for a long time.. It just surfaced again with this emotional turmoil .The attacks comes in waves and episode.

Guest sveta21

Wow, sounds exciting :D i kind of wanted to mention something, in one of hte early eps JH gave DW an Abraham Lincoln book, what i wanted to mention is that i think in the end, DW is going to get assassinated like Abraham Lincoln...my opinion anyways.

Guest AmberSong

At least this fanart could make me smile because it looks cute.

I'll be the better person and say that I respect your opinion. I don't agree, but we can't all have the same perspective on things.

I'm exactly a LDC's fan, u r not. That's why we can't easily share the same ideas about him.

But I was just expressing it as an different view vs your honest view. I didn't meant a ...potential war. Cheers.

Your ideas of jokes are what I call jokes!

^^ Well, I was ever afraid of being called hostile with that "joke" of mine.

In fact, I never wanted to make any jokes of that type on any characters in EOE.

Being biased or overrating their favorite character can be accepted, but if they (accidently or deliberately) involve (my) LDC in some weird and unhealthy joke made by their rich imagination, I just find it hard to let it go easily.

Unlike some Chulran or CHulrin's fans here who are saying they will stop watching EOE if it doesn't go the way they hope, I'll keep following it, for LDC. Someone ever said that "eveything is possible" for both Chulran and Chulrin. I still hope Chulran is happy after all, but if Chulrin is unevitable, I really hope they can invest into HR with more sensitiveness and sophistication, rather than being powerful, strong, sexy, energetic. If she turns to be exactly like in her fan imigination, I'd rather want LDC to end up alone. Or if LDC is defeated only by her power or sexiness or sth like that, so it's me who will...make fun of him then. :sweatingbullets:

Guest imogene_af

^

IMHO, the sexy, powerful, energetic, ambitious, and cunning Hye-rin is all a facade. She deep inside is someone very vulnerable. I think she'll only turn darker in the latter parts of the drama and within a reason because even the most cunning of all villains like Shin Tae Hwan was portrayed with an Achille's heel and some gray-area.

I also came waaay invested with the drama already even at its imperfect moments, so romance or no romance, I'm in. Hehe.

And agree on the fanart better than the obscene ones. :lol:

Archived