[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest tn.serendipity

what the john tesh is wrong with the writer? Is she stupid ????? and is the producing company stupid too??

There is another ending for EOE from an audience I read on viikii.net (from saboriana). She did a wonderful job how to end this drama nicely. You should go see. Yeah, and this writer just screwed everything!!! WTF!!!!

You know, people in Korea should protest or do sth to terribly damage this drama's reputation in order to make them do another 2 ep so that DC will live. This is just ridiculous? Where is justice? Where is love? Where is fair and punishment? Stupid writer! 56 eps, bunch of extension and she cant give a nice ending????

I am very pissed off right now

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest papasmurf

WTF? why don't you guys actually cover up the goddamn spoilers? THIS IS BS man i came here to find a link to dl and now i already know the ending thanks a lot guys.....

Reading the spoilers and watching the caps made me cried buckets ! It's so unfair to DC and YR !

DW 'killed' his brother and he's sitting there smiling like a ..... (feel free to put in any foul word you can think of) I had hopes that this drama will not go to the usual SSH drama plots because i thought the writer had a different way of writing (Where the heck is writer Na ?? I thought she still has a hand in this ??)

The death of STH and Rebecca was 'glorious' even though I hope Rebecca would choose a cliff instead of a river,

And the whole looking from the sky, with that sunset glow shinning and smilling at baby DongRan is ... just .... SAD ! SAD ! SAD ! SAD ! SAD ! How can life be so hard on Lee Dong Chul ???? WHY GOD WHY ??? WHY WRITERS WHY ???? (okay I get too emotional when it comes to sad drama endings)

Guest tn.serendipity

Just curious...can Korean fans do sth to make the producer reproduce the last ep so that DC can live and satisfy the audience with the happy ending and of course, DW needs to be the one with tears. The guy in the house instead of DW should be DC and the guy outside the door should be DW just getting out of jail.

Damn it! WTF!!!!!!! DC must live!!!!! HAPPILY WITH YR !!!!

I doubt this can be done because this is not an open-ending drama. If it is more open-ended, then maybe MBC can produce like a 10 minutes special and make the ending a bit more different. But the ending near is very clear cut that DC is looking down from heaven.. I don't think it is possible at this point. Plus all the cast members have other commitments for example PHJ already left for Africa. Plus out of respect to the writer (ha!) and production crew, the chance is very slim. I don't think it ever happened in Korean drama.

However I am curious to hear what the cast like SSH, LYH, YJH etc commented on the ending. Hopefully we get one of those special interviews in the next few days.

Just curious...can Korean fans do sth to make the producer reproduce the last ep so that DC can live and satisfy the audience with the happy ending and of course, DW needs to be the one with tears. The guy in the house instead of DW should be DC and the guy outside the door should be DW just getting out of jail.

Damn it! WTF!!!!!!! DC must live!!!!! HAPPILY WITH YR !!!!

Guest sparklinghugs

omg i cried sssooo much watching his last episode. i haven't cried like this since....stairway to heaven lol.

DC lived such a life devoted to his family, especially his little brother who ends up forgetting all about it until someone has to slap him across the face. ridiculous!!! all that DC has done for him, he literally threw away his life, his status, his freedom, and whatever else he could for him!!! such a SAD ENDING!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHhh but this drama was good overall, it dragged here and there but still it kept me into it..... still can't get over the fact that DC died....still crying....sigh...

Guest fjkuan

Last part of episode 56...

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5954/eoe5613.jpg

DC's baby is so cute and now she has no father. How can this drama be a classic after an ending with the most valuable and favorite character being killed? If MBC is serious about selling many copies of EOE, they better remake the ending and make it a happy one with DC staying alive and someone else to die.

The shadow that was in the family dinner picture must have been poor editing. Someone from the set walked over the set while filming.

Doesn't seem to matter anymore but here is the Episode Ratings anyhow

TNS nationwide 25.8%

TNS Seoul 27.3%

TNS nationwide 30.1%

TNS Seoul 32.7%

AGB = average of 2 episode

AGB nationwide 28.6%

AGB Seoul 31.7%

[What comes to your mind when you remember EOE ending? Sad Love Song.

Starring: Kwon Sang Woo (isn’t he SSH best friend?) and Yeon Jung Hoon.

Ending: Another death-by-gun-shot-to-save-a-brother kind of ending… it seems to be the norm :sweatingbullets: . By the way, that brother happens to be none other than DW//sorry I mean actor YJH. What a coincidence, right?Did I forget to mention that KSW died leaving behind a child for his beloved wife to remember him with…Another coincident. ^_^...Sigh no sense of creativity ( the ending not the show)!!

Yes you're right ! It did cross my mind ! The ending is so similar .

Guest ninjastar

well I guess the PD wanted an ending that everyone was going to talk about the next day because frankly there was nothing to lose. Ratings for the past couple weeks hovered around mid-to-high 20s and as many have said in this thread: the drama's quality seemed to decrease.

but its a shame the way everything ended.

Guest Crichton

Has there been some kind of official response to the negative reaction of the ending. I mean, really, I'm hoping kdrama fans on the other side of the Pacific are raising up a huge uproar. This was completely unnecessary.

Also, when you think about it, this ending really degrades the DW character. He use to be a determined, loyal, oustanding personality. But this ending sends the message that there is no real redemption for him. Basically, the only way he can realize his brother loved him and stop freaking out like a spoiled child who wasn't getting his own way, was for DC to die. Literally, DC had to die before DW could come to his senses.

Guest FakeBirD

I've watched alot of dramas in my lifetime, and this one is right up there in the "LAME" ending category. All that BS in 50+ episodes, they could had the same effect in 25 or so episodes. What a waste and scam. <_<

Guest nysophia_x_ii

this ending was totally ridiculous. it's like the writer became completely lazy, didn't know how to end it, and just gave up. I can't believe after 56 episodes of seeing them all suffer, DC just simply dies. How stupid is that?! So now what, DW can't even repay his brother, YR ends up a widow again, MH and JH are like criminals in korea because they've revealed their past....what is this? i'm really upset and speechless.

Archived