[Drama 2008] Painter Of The Wind 바람의 화원

Guest azzuri

Guest Carpathien

I love Moon Geun Young. She really looks like a boy in those pics. And I'm kinda excited. For some reason I like the age differences and I wonder how this will all play out because I haven't read the book or anything.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AlecRuby

wow, great job to Moon, she really pulled off the guy look. i really like her new image for the series.

however, i still can't get over the fact that she is paired up with park shin ying. 19 years different, sorry but i just can't accept that. like he said, she seems like her uncle.

Guest itashee

I’m really looking forward to watch this drama, it seems very interesting. . .

Has anyone read the novel that the Painter Of The Wind is based on?

Do you know if you can get it in english translation?

I like that Moon Geun Young (she’s cute :lol: ) is paired with Park Shin Yang (in my opinion he’s a very good actor :D ), and I have a feeling that this drama will be more focused on the rivalry between these two artists, rather than the romantic relationship between them – but who knows, maybe I’m wrong. . .

To bad that we have to wait until October to watch this drama!

• 4 weeks later...

박신양 ‘바람의 화원’ 김홍도 완벽변신, 연기 투혼 여전

20080609102359863e7_102814_2.jpg

천의 얼굴을 가진 배우 박신양이 단원 김홍도로 분한 SBS '바람의 화원' 첫 스틸 사진이 공개됐다.

오는 9월 방영 예정인 '바람의 화원'에서 김홍도로 변신한 박신양의 스틸 사진이 처음으로 공개돼 눈길을 끌고 있다. 남장여자를 한 신윤복의 모습을 분한 문근영의 모습에 이은 두 번째 공개에 드라마에 대한 네티즌들의 기대가 높아지고 있다.

지난 5월 말 전북 부안의 직소폭포에서 촬영된 이 스틸신은 박신양(김홍도 역)이 '바람의 화원' 1회에서 처음 모습을 드러내는 장면으로 헝클어진 상투머리와 검게 칠해진 얼굴에 화구통을 맨 모습이 인상적이다.

이 날 촬영에서 박신양은 극중 호랑이 그림을 그리다 호랑이에게 쫓겨 도망치다가 낭떠러지까지 몰리는 상황을 연기 했는데, 도망치는 연기에 너무 몰입한 나머지 실제로 낭떠러지 코앞에서 미끄러져 넘어지는 사고가 발생했다. 다행히도 찰과상으로 끝났지만 하마터면 수십 미터 높이의 절벽위에서 떨어질 뻔 했던 아찔한 순간이었다는 후문이다.

제작사 측은 "호랑이는 CG 작업으로 처리되는 것이었는데도 박신양은 호랑이에게 쫓기는 긴박한 상황을 실제처럼 연기하기 위해 몰입하다 큰 사고를 당할 뻔 했다"며 "이런 위험천만했던 상황 속에서도 '스릴 있어 재밌었다'고 위트 있게 넘기며 오히려 스탭들을 안심시키는 여유를 잃지 않았던 박신양의 프로 정신에 스탭들 모두 '역시 베테랑 배우답다'며 그의 연기투혼을 칭찬했다"고 전했다.

'바람의 화원'은 박신양이 데뷔 13년 만에 처음으로 도전하는 사극 작품으로 오로지 그림 밖에 모르는 외로운 조선시대 천재화가 김홍도 역을 맡아 신윤복 역의 문근영과 호흡을 맞춘다.

'쩐의 전쟁' 이후 1년 여 만에 브라운관에 복귀하는 박신양이 전작들에서 보여준 뛰어난 연기력이 사극에서는 어떻게 묻어날 지 기대가 모인다.

20080609102359863e7_102814_0.jpg

20080609102359863e7_102814_1.jpg

2008060913164536402_132017_0.jpg

20080609141321835a3_141321_0.jpg

Guest White Star

May 30, 3008

Kim Min-seon, Shin Yun-bok casting - acting competition with Moon Geun-yeong

20080530201508.041.0.jpg

Actress Kim Min-seon was cast as artist Shin Yun-bok in "Le Grand Chef" Director Jeon Yoon-soo's next work "Portrait of a Beauty". This movie started with the idea that artist Shin Yun-bok of the Choseon era was really a woman dressed as a man. Although she had great talent, she had no choice but to dress as a man because she was a woman. It is a movie about the love story that surrounds her painting 'Portrait of a Beauty'.

Kim Min-seon, who was cast as Shin Yun-bok, will compete with Moon Geun-yeong, who is currently filming SBS "Painter of the Wind", which is a drama with a similar story.

In order to play the role of the genius artist Shin Yun-bok, Moon Geun-yeong is learning calligraphy and Korean art.

"Portrait of a Beauty" will start filming on May 31, and will aim to premiere this fall around the same time as "Painter of the Wind", which will air in September. In the movie, Kim Yeong-ho plays artist Kim Hong-do, the teacher of Shin Yun-bok who begins to love her as a woman. In the drama, Kim Hong-do is played by Park Shin-yang.

Original Korean article at media.daum.net

English translation at www.hancinema.net

taken from the news thread

Guest panic07

I’m really looking forward to watch this drama, it seems very interesting. . .

Has anyone read the novel that the Painter Of The Wind is based on?

Do you know if you can get it in english translation?

I like that Moon Geun Young (she’s cute :lol: ) is paired with Park Shin Yang (in my opinion he’s a very good actor :D ), and I have a feeling that this drama will be more focused on the rivalry between these two artists, rather than the romantic relationship between them – but who knows, maybe I’m wrong. . .

To bad that we have to wait until October to watch this drama!

awww men!!! we have to wait 'til october :crazy:... i thought it was going to air this summer...bummer...anyways im excited to watch this series :w00t:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Happy_Day

Ew! Moon Geun Young and Park Shin Yang?!?! Surely, they're not going to be playing lovers right? Is it like a father and daughter story?

Guest White Star

Original Korean Article: SportsSeoul 08/06/26 12:16

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

Tutoring popular among television stars... Why? 'For professional acting'

20086261240_784368220_1967_0.jpg

It is becoming common for actors to go have private tutoring before filming dramas. Many dramas these days have the theme of professionalism, and the main characters want to show the career realistically.

SBS "Gourmet" is about cooks who compete for the top cook spot, and it is a key point for the main characters to make it seem more realistic. The production company, JS Pictures, made Kim Rae-won, Kwon O-joong, and Won Ki-joon attend cooking school three months before filming.

Main characters of dramas to come later in the year are also receiving training or lessons. Yoon Soy, the female lead of SBS "City of Glass", set to air in September, and Jeong Da-yeong are attending Baek Ji-yeon's Speech Korea. These actors come out as announcers. A representative of Yoon Soy said, "Baek Ji-yeon has said that if they're going to do it, they might as well do it well. They are attending the same classes as future announcers".

MBC "Beethoven Virus" is about members of an orchestra, so the main characters are receiving private lessons and submersing themselves in studying music. Kim Myeong-min, who plays a conductor, has been receiving lessons twice a week from Seo Hee-tae, a music director for dramas and arts director for Seoul National Symphony Orchestra. Lee Ji-ah, who plays a violinist, is taking lessons, and the writer of the drama is also taking violin lessons to get familiar with instruments.

Jeong Il-woo, main character of MBC "Triple", which will probably air next January, has been receiving lessons for ice skating six months before airing. He plays a short track athlete, and since he didn't know any skating, he has been attending special classes at Korea National Sport University. On the days he doesn't have lectures, he is receiving private training. Professor Jeon Myeong-gyu, his trainer, has been the national team's coach and trained gold medalists such as Ahn Hyeon-su. There is great anticipation for Jeong Il-woo to step out onto the ice.

SBS "Painter of the Wind", which will air later this year, stars Park Shin-yang and Moon Geun-yeong as Kim Heung-do and Shin Yun-bok, respectively, and they are attending a calligraphy school. They are learning oriental painting from a college professor and are trying to get closer to the image of a genius painter.

One person involved in dramas has said, "The viewers' expectations are higher, so it seems actors study hard before acting so that the basic qualities can be etched into their bodies".

Guest genna

I'm not a fan of period dramas, but I'll watch this for Park Shin Yang. :)

Hopefully it'll be a fast paced drama.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived