[movie 2007] Hansel & Gretel 헨젤과 그레텔

Guest huangsy

Is it fantasy? or horror?

I hate scary movies so Yeah.

I'm not sure if i should watch it or not.

Scary movies I've watched: The Ring, The Grudge, The Eye.

Those things freaked me out to death. x.x'

i regret watching those

so is this movie okay?

• 1 month later...
Guest Greener

i just finished see the movie. i like this plot, background and graphic.

it isn't fear for me but it give mysterious feelings. excitng and following to the end.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bijan630

I loved this movie and had waited patiently for it. It had a pretty good storyline and I liked the fact that it was your typical horror movie. It was completely different from what I might have expected, but it was great watching it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, some random thoughts after watching the movie...

i wonder does anyone thinks the same?

- Does anyone think that the child murderer guy is the after life of the Father of Happy Children's Home in the 70s?

- Every time an adult goes missing, a necklace or ring is given to Jung Soon.. so the number of necklaces shes wearing actually accounts for the number of adults that have already gone missing?

- I thought the part about Santa giving magical powers was kind of dumb though.. The children are like instigated to do evil after they saw how the adults are being punished in the book.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest NO NAME?

^ Oh! I thought of the same thing. Main reason why I watched this movie because I heard that it has the Pan's Labyrinth feel.

The child actors are amazing! I knew this isn't suppose to be an actual "horror" film, but a few scenes had me covering my eyes and ears for a minute or two :P

Great movie! It's like a dark fairytale. More should put this movie on their must-watch list.

Oh and don't let your younger siblings watch it. My sister got so lost that I had to explain a few things to her during the movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Melitus

My heart goes out to the orphans....

I wished such thing would never happened.

I was super duper scared at first, but in the end the children's unfornuate events was what scared me the most.

Def one of my fav movie, pan labrayinth feel to it.

• 1 month later...
Guest akenon

I just saw this movie for the first time today and thought it was really well done. I had been expecting something a lot different, but perhaps luckily for me it wasn't so scary. ^^;

I noticed a lot of people criticized the scene where Santa gives them their powers as too strange or dumb. I would like to suggest that perhaps "Santa Claus" did not really give them the power to use their imagination as a means to control what happened around them. After the three children are locked in their room, they watch the clip about Santa on the television. At the end of that scene, Man Bok becomes angry and the television blows out, which in my opinion implies that he was already gaining control of his powers. Also, the social worker(?) talks to the children while we see a man (who is probably also a social worker of sorts) quickly change into a Santa outfit. While talking, he smiles to the social worker and adjusts his beard as well. I would propose that the "Santa" did not say what he did as a way to give the children his powers; rather, he said it as a way to give the children hope. It is the children, I think, that really took his words to heart. The belief of their own power was amplified by "Santa's" encouragement, leading them to kill the owner of the orphanage and retreat into their own fantasy world.

Perhaps I am looking too much into things, though. When my friend told me about this film, she said that it was a good movie except kind of over the top, and mentioned something about Santa. So when I watched the film, it stood out to me. ^^;;

Archived