Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

@Calphurnia2007, it's funny that you've posted the last photos, because I was just coming to write about Fashion 70s' that I finally watched. I don't know why I avoided it so long, maybe because it looked like the typical Korean makjang drama that I abhor, but it's actually interesting and very well made. It has, of course, the major tearjerker elements (reminder to myself to drink more water these days to compensate the losses haha), but these don't feel simple or gratuitous. Anyway, it's good overall and I can see why people still talk about it. And JJM's acting is exceptional in some scenes. Not to mention that he looks ridiculously fine in it, I think I need extra disc space for all the screencaps I made (too bad there's no a higher quality version of the drama available). 

uFUByXM.png

219Nn3k.png

txDWbsf.png

3ytbE07.png

But please, please... a comedy next, I don't want to see any more of these:

Spoiler

QAIMHMS.png

mrXQtTP.png

BsRV3Rl.png

Or OK, a villain, so that if he suffers, it's because he's been bad, and not too good as usual. 

1 hour ago, lucy13880 said:

like Joo Jin Mo is born for the sad love haha

I know it, you know it, and I'm afraid that he knows it very well too, so I really hope he'll take that villain role to start somewhere and break the mould. I mean, he said he wanted to do comedy or a villain role more than an year ago, but somehow he ended up taking two more melos afterwards, so....... :lol:

11 hours ago, Calphurnia2007 said:

@meelis

I haven't watched Fashion 70's yet but it's on my list of Korean dramas to watch.  I have hesitated because of the melodramatic elements.  :cold_sweat:  Right now, I'm watching Full House.  :grin:  Speaking of comedic dramas he should definitely do one.  He was good in Liar.  

Hi Calphurnia2007please find time to watch this - it's a good drama despite being draggy & out of my interest since the setting is 70s. But, I watched this mainly for JJM. This is a drama that is supposed to focus on fashion but fashion only played a small part in this so-called fashion drama. Identity crisis is one of the main themes in this drama. Kim Ming Jun really stole the show, in my opinion. And as far as I remember it was rating very well during its airing in Korea then. :P I hope JJM could do a rom-com drama. And I love this kind of genre. I’m sure he will do justice to this kind of drama. I have this thing for him… that I would watch it even if the plot isn’t that good… After all, we all need that fluffy drama in our lives. But, I guess the story material of this drama has the potential to either be really great. I am looking forward to see more of JJM. :P

• Like 1

The Six Biggest Issues KDrama Took On This Year 2015

===========================================================================

As one in three Korean marriages now ends in divorce, the stigma of divorce has lessened. Adultery and the option of divorce are examined in "Valid Love," "Mask," "Twenty Again," "I Have A Lover" and "Beloved Eun Dong." While drama plots still tend to favor couples reuniting despite the odds, characters may now occasionally leave an unhappy marriage and have a second chance at love. Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang hoped for a bright future in "Beloved Eun Dong."

rQjQZtu.jpg

=========================================================================

(skipped unrelated content)

http://www.aminoapps.com/page/k-pop/781570/the-six-biggest-issues-kdrama-took-on-this-year-2015

I heard My Love Eun Dong is being shown on Netflix. Glad more people will get to know him thru this drama.

MPktViM.jpg

http://www.netflix.com/title/80091778

Also, Empress Ki is currently airing in Poland. He's quite popular there maybe coz they created a page for him. 

https://www.facebook.com/Joo-Jin-Mo-Polska-771570356308348/

EK is airing Indonesia, Singapore and Sri Lanka too. Btw, I'm surprised that Empress Ki was internationally aired first in our country Philippines. Lol

KYxWPnk.jpg

I love it when his dramas are shown in other countries, since it makes him more famous and I love it when people appreciate him as an actor in other countries. :)

P.S. My fan page has reached 5K likes haha. Thanks to all who liked it. Thanks to Soompi too, where I get most of my updates, of course from you guys.:wub:

https://www.facebook.com/JooJinMoPhilippines/

• Like 3

Thank you for the info, @jei_em! It's great MLE is in Netflix, many people watched it there indeed, judging by the comments in twitter and Asian wiki. 

About Empress Ki, I think that it was broadcast internationally first in Taiwan, but I'm not so sure (and I'm too lazy to check back), not that this is so important. :)

Hi! I have a question about the title song from the movie "A frozen flower". Which version is the real voice of JJM? Was he dubbed on the film? The trailer version is his singing or both versions? I am confused. Thanks for any answers...

• Like 1

@Polajn, welcome to the thread! Yes, he is indeed. Did you get to know him through Empress Ki?

@phiks, welcome to you too! The second video is with JJM's original recording, his version was only used during the VIP premiere of the movie. For the theatre screening and the DVD release it was replaced by the other singer's version. I don't know why though, JJM's singing sounds more authentic, even if it's less professional. 

Adding to @jei_em's list that MLE will be rebroadcast in Japan on KNTV from 25.02.

http://www.kntv.co.jp/prog/detail/?p=30487

4 hours ago, meelis said:

@phiks, welcome to you too! The second video is with JJM's original recording, his version was only used during the VIP premiere of the movie. For the theatre screening and the DVD release it was replaced by the other singer's version. I don't know why though, JJM's singing sounds more authentic, even if it's less professional. 

Thanks a lot!

I am too from Poland and I know JJM from Empress Ki:)

• Like 2