Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

I am copying Koala's article here (cr:http://koalasplayground.com/2015/03/24/joo-jin-mo-romances-kim-sa-rang-for-jtbc-drama-beloved-eun-dong/)

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px 0px 10px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 40px 0.1em 0px; vertical-align: baseline; word-wrap: break-word; clear: both; color: rgb(0, 0, 85); background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Joo Jin Mo Romances Kim Sa Rang for jTBC Drama Beloved Eun Dong

imimi11.jpg

Drama casting is on a roll today so I might as well soldier on. Let’s go a bit older and a whole lot sexier when it comes to this latest drama coupling. With the jTBC sageuk Maids wrapping up soon, to be followed in that time slot by the Jung Kyung Ho and Kim So Yeonheart transplant romance Falling for Innocence, the network isn’t coasting on readied products and is hard at work conjuring up the subsequent drama after that.

The network has lined up veteran leading man Joo Jin Mo as the male lead of Beloved Eun Dong, with him playing top star Eun Ho who for some reason is fixated for the last twenty years on his first love Eun Dong. If she turns out to be his faux sister like Joon Seo and Eun Seo in Autumn in My Heart then imma going to flip tables. Aside from concerns about the drama narrative, this drama is at least off to a promising casting start by adding Kim Sa Rang as the female lead, making Joo Jin Mo officially romancing both Secret Garden leading ladies.

I like Joo Jin Mo but am seriously rooting for his drama return after the shitty way his male lead was misused and shunted off to the side inEmpress Ki. I’m doubly thrilled with this casting news, for Joo Jin Mo coming back to dramas and in a story where he can’t possibly get shafted, as well as Kim Sa Rang making her drama return after four years since Secret Garden. She’s an incredibly well-endowed actress but her acting doesn’t coast on her figure or looks, she’s got comedy and melo chops with a side of controlled bitchiness. I also find them perfectly matched up in age, looks, acting talent, basically everything that on paper would make a good onscreen pairing. Good job on casting this one, jTBC!

Guest meelis

Thanks for sharing, @lucy13880, I forgot about the musical. ;)) In between the drama casting articles there are some articles about GWTW in Incheon:
http://www.bzeronews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=125281http://heraldcity.heraldcorp.com/news/view/48848http://www.kns.tv/news/articleView.html?idxno=192121http://www.kgnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=411766
etc. 
copHiV.jpg

aAwHHm.jpg
LOL, out of four pics, they put three with JJM. ;))

@meelis~~
The Japanese ladies are totally lovely :)! In the fan report, one fan wrote that she could tell how nervous JJM (he was sweating and had all kinds of unconscious behavior) was and her "mother's heart" was nervous for him.  I found the expression cute!! :x
Also, when he said that he liked "strong and confident women", she praised him for his good taste in women from a mother's perspective (if my Google translator is correct). 
Loved her comments!  

Guest meelis

LOL, @QuercusL, it's cute indeed. But poor him, when he finally finds the woman to marry, his future wife will have to be approved also by all his "mothers". :))

Guest meelis

Thank you for sharing the Musa pics, @Calphurnia2007, you're great with finding old stuff. I've never seen the costume sketches and all pics below, some of them are very funny. About the costumes, I remember JJM saying in an interview that it was very hot and they suffered a lot in those heavy costumes with many layers (imagine, he celebrated his birthday, so they were shooting in August somewhere in a Chinese desert). :)

Guest meelis

@jei_em, I'm excited about his look in the new drama too, I think he'll have at least two, as a younger man and in present times. I only hope he will NOT cut his hair very short, please! :)

An article about homosexuality in dramas which of course can't be complete without the first drama dealing with this topic, Sad Temptation (1999) with Joo Jin Mo and Kim Gap Soo
http://news.khan.co.kr/kh_news/khan_art_view.html?artid=201503271627091&code=960801

0Fv9fQ.jpg

Their famous dialogue is quoted (by renowned writer Noh Hee Kyung):
- I know you are a homosexual. Why did you become one?- Why did you become straight? I do not love men. The one I love is a man.
They also mention JJM's buddy, Hong Seok Cheon, who was the first Korean celebrity to come out as gay in 2000 and he paid a high price for that, because many of his activities were cancelled.

@jei_em love your pic! I am also looking forward his new looking in MLE.
@meelis Thanks for sharing! I love that drama very much. Poetry! Good script! JJM's hot and sexy in that drama. I download it in my phone. LOL
@salijoo He really had a good relationship with his GWTW crew. I know he loves music all the time. So it's not strange he becomes a musical fan. ;))