Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

@jei_em, Joo Jin Mo will be the main-lead, the drama's title is him talking: "My Lovely Eun Dong", "Eun Dong Whom I Love" or even "My Love Eun Dong" you have choices. =))
Acc to the CEO, Sung Yuri is cast and adding the fact that Sung Yuri confirmed some days ago preparing herself for her come back drama, it seems to be true. A new name has been floating around Kim Sa Rang is rumored to make her 5 years hiatus comeback with this drama.

^ LOL! You're right! Okay so I'm just looking forward to this. No idea how popular JTBC network is compared to MBC and others, though... 
I hope they change the title to his character name Ji Eun-Ho so the focus would be him. Lol.  Whatever, let's just wish him all the best. :)

주진모, JTBC ‘사랑하는 은동아’ 주연발탁..톱배우 역할
201503241558779552_55110b50c46a1.jpg

[OSEN=강서정 기자] 배우 주진모가 JTBC 새 금토드라마 ‘사랑하는 은동아’ 주연으로 발탁됐다.
주진모 소속사 판타지오 관계자는 24일 OSEN에 “주진모가 ‘사랑하는 은동아’ 주인공으로 캐스팅 됐다”고 밝혔다. 지난해 드라마 ‘기황후’ 이후 1년 만의 복귀작이다. 
‘사랑하는 은동아’는 한 남자와 한 여자가 20년의 세월에 얽힌 운명적 사랑을 담은 드라마로 두 남녀의 처절한 러브스토리를 그린다. 주진모는 극 중 어린 시절 운명과도 같은 여자 은동을 잊지 못한 채 살아가는 대한민국 최고의 배우 지은호 역을 맡았다.
앞서 ‘기황후’에서 묵직한 카리스마를 선보이며 승냥(하지원 분)를 향해 지고지순한 사랑을 소화했던 주진모가 ‘사랑하는 은동아’에서는 또 어떤 색깔의 순애보를 보여줄지 기대가 모아진다.
한편 ‘사랑하는 은동아’는 JTBC 새 금토드라마 ‘순정에 반하다’ 후속으로 방송될 예정이다.
Seems having more info in this news.

Guest YuanjiM

THAT'S NEWS! \m/ no rumor :))

tumblr_nlq076XCm51s0grcyo1_1280.jpg
Eun Ho = Joo Jin Mo
Eun Dong = actress who had mother figure(?!)
Eun Ho's daughter = a sweet dan cute girl.
ah,i'm looking forward to the cast list

Guest YuanjiM

after the fans meeting,
a japanese fans recording his voice that being said "ohayoo(good morning)~"
and make it for alarm(yeah he/she got many JJM signatures) ~O)

Guest YuanjiM

@lucy13380:i hope this is not sad drama :-S

BTW about his role as warm and naive person.I remember his quotes in magazine interview "I am a person kind of fool. I don't doubt people randomly. I am easy to believe what people say to me." >> Similarities of JJM and Ji Eun Ho :-B

Guest meelis

I still can't make up my mind about this drama. In any case, he managed to surprise us another time, one can't get bored with JJM, no? None of his choices lately has been what we expected. :D @lucy13880, thanks for the info, so he won't get the woman? I'll be fine with this as long as he doesn't die in the end. :))
I hope it's a good story. Plus, he'll be a top star, maybe we'll see some glamour for a change? ;;)
@salijoo, thanks for the info about his co-stars, I hope soon we'll know.
@YuanjiM, it sounds like a sad story to me, but I hope there'll be some funny scenes too.

@lucy13880,  :-S :-S :-S That's sad, why did he choose that? 
June = Summer = Happy = Laughing, why Joo Jin Mo's equation has to always be June = Summer = Melodrama = Crying? Huh?
But I like the fact he won't be a good guy at the beginning, don't remember Joo Jin Mo playing a bad guy in a romance and the way they said it, he was most likely a thug or some a**** during his High School or University's life.

Guest meelis

@salijoo, it is some weird choice, of all dramas... why this one? I guess we'll figure out why later, maybe while watching it.Yeah, the bad guy part looks promising, didn't he say he wants to do a bad guy as well?

BTW, is he still in Fantagio? >:)

So I guess there's something about "pure love" stories that he seems to be attracted to...
Anyway, the speculation game is over, now moving on to the waiting game... :!!
JTBC is the cable channel where they're airing Maids isn't it...? so we should hope for ratings around 4% to be named a successful drama... I'm sure it will, a lot of international fans have been waiting for his return to the screen...I hope he makes a lot of coffee... hahaha I love him in his Gabi scenes making coffee for his woman, among other things he makes  ;)

Guest meelis

@stclaus, yes, he's been very consistent over the years with choosing characters who love only one woman their whole life. :) I'm actually curious to know why he said that this character will be different from all characters he has played and in which aspects, because it sounds too familiar to me. ;))
I think this is one of advantages of cable dramas, there is no such huge pressure about getting high rating as in public broadcast, so I guess we'll be more relaxed about that.
Making coffee for his woman among other things... sounds appealing to me. ;)

@stclaus, 4% would be a super good rating for a drama in Cable. Average ratings  are more like l less than 2. It is a different world.  I watched a cable drama  last year. I  enjoyed it very much:)!    In fact, I enjoyed them better than dramas in public broadcast :)! With less pressure on the ratings, they do not change the scripts as much in public broadcast. I found the drama coherent.  
JJM plays a bad guy?!! Excellent :)!

QuercusL said: @stclaus, 4% would be a super good rating for a drama in Cable. Average ratings  are more like l less than 2. It is a different world.  I watched a cable drama  last year. I  enjoyed it very much:)!    In fact, I enjoyed them better than dramas in public broadcast :)! With less pressure on the ratings, they do not change the scripts as much in public broadcast. I found the drama coherent.  
JJM plays a bad guy?!! Excellent :)!

Ladies! For those who aren't aware already 'My Love Eun Dong' Soompi Thread has been opened: http://forums.soompi.com/en/discussion/2026994/upcoming-fri-sat-jtbc-drama-2015-my-love-eun-dong-%EC%82%AC%EB%9E%91%ED%95%98%EB%8A%94-%EC%9D%80%EB%8F%99%EC%95%84?new=1 Feel free to join the fun!

Joo Jin Mo Is Cast As A Man Who Believes In True Love

t2gAQrP.jpg

Joo Jin Mo is a star. As an actor he made a name for himself in both k-dramas and films. And that experience of stardom is about to come in handy.

The actor recently confirmed that he will play the role of Ji Eun Ho, a top star in the JTBC weekend drama "Eun Dong Ah, Whom I Love."

"Joo Jin Mo will act in the upcoming Friday-Saturday drama 'Eun Dong Ah, Who I Love,' after 'Falling For Innocence' ends," said a JTBC representative. 

Ji Eun Ho may have mistaken "drama love" for real love. Ji Eun Ho is so idealistic that he cannot forget his first love and believes it is the only true love he will ever truly experience. "Eun Dong Ah, Whom I Love" follows that unrequited love story over a period of 20 years.

It has been more than a year since the 40-year-old actor appeared on the small screen. He played the role of Korea's king Wang Yoo in the 51-eisode MBC saeguk "Empress Ki." His character was in love with Seungnyang, played by Ha Ji Won, who eventually becomes Empress Ki. During that drama his character fought for her and the sovereignty of his country.

During his year-long absence from the small screen, he appeared in the film "Friend: The Great Legacy," directed by Kwak Kyung Taek. He also played the role of Rhett Butler in a musical production of the novel "Gone With The Wind."

"Rhett Butler is a character every actor dreams of playing," he said in an interview with the Korea Herald

Joo Jin Mo is best known for playing tough guys, but he welcomes roles that also allow him to express vulnerability.

"All male actors dream of playing macho men at one point or another, but they also dream of playing emotionally complex roles. I'm the same," Joo said at a press conference for his film "Gabi." In that film he played a Russian sniper.

He is best known for his roles in the critical hit drama "Happy End," the boxing film "Punch" and the gangster romance "A Love." In his most controversial film, "A Frozen Flower," he played a king involved in a love triangle with his queen, played by Song Ji Hyo and his guard played by Jo In Sung. The king was in love with his guard and not his queen.

"Eun Dong Ah, Whom I Love" is scheduled to air in June.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/79271/20150324/joo-jin-mo-is-cast-as-a-man-who-believes-in-true-love.htm

Joo Jin-mo heads to JTBC for heartbreaking romance drama

by javabeans | March 24, 2015 | 32 Comments

L60yVu7.jpg

If you’re a fan of Joo Jin-mo (Empress Ki), you’ll be happy to hear that he is heading to cable for his next project, JTBC’s Beloved Eun-dong, to air in June.

It’s a drama about… well, that’s the catch — I’m not quite sure how to finish that thought. After poring over all the articles about this drama, I still didn’t know how to make all of the puzzle parts fit together, so I figured I’d just lay out all the pieces and let you guys decide how to connect the dots. Sort of like Choose Your Own Adventure, but without an answer key?

• Joo Jin-mo plays Ji Eun-ho.
  • Eun-dong is his love interest.
  • The drama depicts the “fateful love” (also a “noble and pure love”) entangling a man and woman over twenty years.
  • It will also tell a heartbreaking story of “a love that cannot be” with an “analog sensibility” and emotion.
  • Joo’s character Eun-ho cannot forget the love from his youth, Eun-dong, and is pure-hearted in his love for her.
  • Eun-ho is also a top actor.
  • Through Eun-dong, Eun-ho is “reborn into a good person.”
  • After some time passes, he meets Eun-dong again, and “returns to his adolescence.”
  • Eun-dong has a teenage child.
  • Directing is PD Lee Tae-gon of My Neighbor’s Wife, Queen Dowager Insoo, Smile You, and The Last Scandal of My Life.
  • Beloved Eun-dong will be a Friday-Saturday drama, following Falling For Innocence, which premieres next weekend.

Does he return to his adolescence literally, or it a metaphor? Is he at time-traveler, body-swapper, or just trapped in his emotions? Why is he reborn into a good person? If he’s so pure-hearted in his love for Eun-dong, why does he only turn into a good person after meeting her again? Why can’t they be together? Why is their love so sad? Why won’t the producers tell us things that are relevant?

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/03/joo-jin-mo-heads-to-jtbc-for-heartbreaking-romance-drama/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter