Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

일본에 오기 전에 치기작은 ”드라마”의 출연 하는 걸  정해졌다.
캐릭터는 ”현실에서도 잘 보는 엽집 오빠 같은 명랑인 인물”
지금까지와는 다른 모습을 초여름에는 보여 할 수 있다고 생각한다.

Just as some of you girls mentioned it, he said he will be playing the oppa next door a guy you see in everyday life that sounds like it would be fun.  He played Rhett Butler and King Wang Yu for his last roles this would be a good change of pace.  And yes the show according to him will air in early summer.

1: 어렸을 적의 별명→ ”얀코”   낮이나 밤도 1명째로 정답입니다!
2: (낮) 집에서 입는 평상복→가운(회답자는”운동복”이었지만 이것은 10년전정도의 이야기라고 합니다)
                  지금은 어른이 되었으므로 아침에 일어 나면 가운 그리고 … ..잘 때에는 「아무것도 벌 없다」 합니다”
                   이유로서 전에 불면증이 된 일이 있어 그 때에 속옷의 억압마저도 신경이 쓰였다고 합니다.
                  거기서 혈액 순환도 고려해 아무것도 몸에 걸치지 않고 자는 일로 하고 싶은 것 같습니다
                  하지만 어누날이 부모님이 갑작이 찾아 오셜 때에는  놀랐다고 합니다
3: (낮) 아침에 일어 나서 하는 일 →커피를 볶을 일 (콩으로부터 켠다고 합니다)
4: (밤) 릴렉스 방법→집에서 혼자 큰 음량으로 음악을 듣는 일 (회답안에는”낚시”도 있었습니다만, 이것은 「취미」라고 합니다)
                     음악을 들으면 심신 모두 릴렉스 할 수 있다고 합니다
5: (낮) 지금까지 배우를 해 와 제일 행복한 일→ 회답안에 ”팬들을 만난 일”이 있습니다.그것도 정답이었습니다.
                  진짜 회답은 … 드라마는 관객의 반응이 직접 느낄 수가 없다. 그러나 영화의 경우는 영화를 몰래 극장에 보러 가서 연극구경한 사람들의 반응을 직접 느낀다 … 특별히 이야기하는 내용이 호평이었던 것을 들었을 때…..라고 합니다.
6: (밤) 멋지다라고 생각되는 여자 조건→자신의 주장을 제대로 할 수 있는 여자
                  여러분 회답은 빗나갔습니다만 진모님은 이런 여성을 보면 남자보다 멋지다고 생각된다고 합니다.

1. Nickname: literal translation is "yarn nose" I think it must mean that his nose is big like a caucasian nose.
2. What he wears at home: a gown, he talks about having insomnia and his parents being surprised that he sleeps with nothing on when they came for a surprise visit
3. What he does when he wakes up: grind coffee beans
4. Relaxing Methods: He listens to music.
5. What makes him happy as an actor: meeting fans, sneaking into the theater and listening to positive responses from fans.
6. What makes a woman cool: an assertive confident woman

”그 때는 젊었다”→「와니와준하」
       준화가 와니 손 잡아 자신의 T셔츠안에 넣는 명장면으로부터 시작됩니다
       ※ (낮) 요즘의 진모님은 연출자가 말하는 대로 연기를 하는 일 밖에 할 수 없었다 …
     지금과의 차이는 지금은 살쪘다… … 등 옛날을 되돌아 보고 있었습니다
  ※ (밤)요즘은 화장 없음으로 촬영하고 있던 것을 생각났고 지금 화장하지 않으면 카메라 앞에는 써지 않다고 이야기하고 있었습니다.

"I was young" on Wanne and Junah

They showed a scene of Junah grabbing Wanee's hand and putting it under his shirt.

The difference now compared to then is that he is now fatter.
Now, I remember when I was acting without any makeup on.  

(밤만) 사회자부터 질문「조각과 같은 얼굴은 어렸을 때 였어요?」
              진모님: 어릴 때는 친구와 함께 있어도 저에게 관심을 향하여 있는 것은 느끼지 않았다.
              고등생 때는 운동부에 들어가 있었으므로 이성에게의 관심도 없었다. 만약 이성이 관심 가져 주고 있어도 깨닫지 못했다.
              고등학교를 졸업했을 때(사춘기) 여학생부터 관심을 갖게 했으므로 거기에 깨닫고 나서는 「혹시 나 잘 생긴가?」라고 깨달았다
             사회자가 깨닫는 것이 너무 늦다! 라고 말하면 진모님은 「사춘기가 늦었습니다」라고 대답하고 있었습니다

Announcer asked Jinmo a question:  Did you look like a statue face when you were younger?  I think it really means "were you handsome when you were younger?"
JJM: When I was young and I was hanging out with friends I never noticed anyone being interested in my face.
When I was in High School, I was on sports teams and I wasn't even interested in the opposite sex.  Even when the opposite sex was interested in me I did not notice.  When I graduated from High School, girls were interested in me then I thought, "Maybe, I am good looking?"  Then he said, "puberty came late."

Thanks a lot @Calphurnia2007!!! @salijoo @meelis you have noticed he was really vague on FM. He didn't tell the exact air time instead of telling summer. He didn't tell the role's job instead of describing it's personality. haha. So what can we do for the last step? Wait! WOW!

@Lucy13880~~~ 

I think he did not want to reveal too much information about his character and the drama. 

I will place my bet on the CEO.   The only part from JJM's statement that I will take seriously is the following statement:  "it is a different character".  LOLOL  

Since the contract was complete, I guess the news will be released soon. 

Ladies, thanks for your all wonderful information and discussion :-*

I think the drama is MP, so let's wait for it!

I find that he thinks a confident woman is a beautiful woman
:D  That sounds interesting :)

Because he finds himself difficult to sleep, so he wears nothing when he sleeps
:-O

2) ”나는 멋있죠? 지금 보고라도 다시 반하는 근사하다”→「Fashon 70'」
        물론 헬리콥터에서 내려 오는 씬…역에서 더미에 사랑을 고백하는 명장면등이 나옵니다
       ※ 이 씬의 촬영 시간이 짧았던 일이나 이 씬이 1회로 OK였던 이야기도 해 주셨습니다

"Wasn't I cool?"  Now that I see it again I see that I was cool and attractive in Fashion 70's.  
They show the helicopter scene from Fashion 70's.  "It didn't take long to shoot this scene, one take was all it took."

Thanks for all the update! So his drama could be:

- A cheerful and bright role like oppa nextdoor whom we can always encounter in our daily life
- A character he has never tried before
- An early summer drama to be aired late May or June
- A short drama (16-20 episodes)
- It's in KBS
He would be paired with Sung Yu Ri
- I suppose it would be a comedy or something with a light story, because of the "cheerful" word

The only thing left is the TITLE of the drama ;))

By the way, do you guys have links to sites or blogs with lots of JJM stuffs? I lost my Google Chrome bookmarks. I use them as my source in my fan page.. :( Thanks in advance.

@QuercusL sorry but I'm not sure actually, I just based that on what I read here lol.. 

I saw this in Wiki, upcoming dramas for 2015 without confirmed casting yet.. I dunno if they're updated.

MBC:
Jeju Island Gatsby

제주도 개츠비

2015-May
Scholar Who Walks the Night

밤을 걷는 선비

2015-Jul
KBS:

Who Are You - School 2015

후아유 - 학교 2015

2015-Apr-27
Descended from the Sun

태양의 후예

2015-May
Hello Monster

헬로 몬스터

2015-Jun
Dr. Frankenstein

닥터 프랑켄슈타인

SBS: 

The Time That I Loved You, 7000 Days

너를 사랑한 시간, 7000일

2015-Jul
Unconfirmed network
Cold Case

콜드케이스

From this site they mentioned Masked Prosecutor is in KBS.

http://koalasplayground.com/tag/masked-prosecutor/

But we're not even sure if it's Masked Prosecutor.. so it's just a guess..

It's no longer Descended From The Sun since they already offered it to Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong-ki.. Also not Jeju Island Gatsby since they already offered it to Kim Woo-Bin & Kang So Ra (?) from what I read in AsianWiki..

How about Ha Ji Won's rumored drama, The Time That I Loved You? My WangNyang heart is wishing for their reunion.. =((  Is the male lead there a cheerful character? Lol.. But then, he's already partnering with Sung Yu Ri, could she be a second female lead? ;))  But it's probably not that because I know he should be the male-lead (title role) If it's HJW, she is the title role.. so what drama is left.. lol. sorry but I'm confused now..

Anyway, thank you for the links! :)

Because he finds himself difficult to sleep, so he wears nothing when he sleeps

:-O

LOL I remember he used to say in one interview when he couldn't sleep at those lonely or anxious nights, he opened TV and watched it till the day dawned. Which made me think oh poor babe at the time.

=))

@Calphurnia2007 thank you for the translation!!! 

@QuercusL said that JJM mentionned how his character in Dream was also an oppa next door. I don't know if JJM has chosen MP then I want to live in his neighborhood. Apparently it's common to find Stars' Sports Agents and Prosecutors... 8-}

About his ideal type, he mentionned what @Calphurnia2007 said aka confident women and added how he loves women claiming their rights. It's really him, knowing how he starred in many female-oriented dramas and movies.

LOL about Fashion 70s! Shameless Joo Jin Mo is still alive, he really needs to guest on variety show in order to crush his pride a little. Jang Hyuk was like that on variety shows aka showing off his skills so watching the MC funningly bringing him down was so entertaining even more that he wanted to show how he could do that... But now, thanks to all the variety shows, he's more wise. :))

Guest meelis

Thank you very much for the translation, @Calphurnia2007! >:D< I love how he always gives non ordinary answers to ordinary questions.

I don't find any connection between insomnia and sleeping with nothing on, but I like the idea of it. ;)

A confident woman appeals to him? It's the first time that I hear that from him. But it's interesting that he said that right after GWTW, my first thought.... Bada! ;;)

@jei_em, you aren't the only one, everybody is confused, don't worry :)) between what the CEO said, the info about the upcoming dramas and what JJM himself said during the FM about the character and the timeline. We can only speculate atm, but yeah all bets are placed, rien ne va plus etc.  ;))
My bet would be KBS's Masked Prosecutor. 

@jei_em~~

Thank you very much for the information! :) So far, we are using a "negative approach".  I.e. We placed JJM in a drama without casting.  Therefore, we have been looking for a confirmation.  

I will not take his description of the character an "oppa next door" too seriously.  According to a long time JJM fan, JJM described his character in Dream as an "oppa next door", too (as @salijoo said). LOL  Apparently, he used the term in a very loose way.  I guess he did not want to reveal too much information.  

Guest meelis

LOL, @salijoo, maybe in Gangnam the "guys next door" are prosecutors and sports agents with shower cabins in the middle of their bedrooms? ;))

But as @QuercusL said, I wouldn't take his description too seriously, this may well be only one side of the character or his role in the beginning of the drama before he evolves into something else, we don't know. :)

@meelis, I'm looking for my neighbor's shower cabins in the middle of their bedrooms but still didn't find it, why? :-? 

... Well, Oppa Gangnam Style... That's why.

As for his dramas, if we take the CEO's statement, his drama will air in May. The only drama without any casting is MP for May. Now if it's a June or July drama, we have more choices, so it depends who was the most detailed.