Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest meelis

Girls, wait..... A short drama in summer.... A cheerful oppa, guy next door... Tell me if the thought about THAT drama hasn't crossed your mind. Anything but that, please please.. [-O< I won't survive it one more time..

@meelis, No you aren't dreaming and people on DC had the same thought as you but the drama will air in June!! Not May. I don't think he gave wrong infos to that Brand shoes CEO, don't you think? Since the beginning that drama was scheduled for June so it can't be it. (and you forgot Sung Yuri)

Oh

He confirmed his new drama on his FM

! in summer. He said

he made the last decision 2 - 3 days ago before he went to Japan

And he said Empress Ki was the unforgettable work. He listened music to relax himself after getting up.
LOL I used translator to read her record.  

That means JJM made the decision maybe after March 10th. But JJM tried those shoes on March 6th. Was there a change between these two time points? But those shoes also match the character he described, and also for a comedy.

Argee with @salijoo that means he confirmed it by contract. About the character my translator tells me it's a character he never tried before and we could find it in real life? @Calphurnia2007 could you help again to translate? The Q&A part seems very interesting, too.

What's funny is that... Generally, when an actor has chosen a project and is in talks, there are articles released mentionning "positively considering" and "in talks"... JJM didn't have one, so he's really following what he did with Empress Ki, Friend 2 & Flowers in Fog, we'll directly hear his confirmation news. And because he signed it, there is a high chance it might be revealed this week.

@lucy13880, Truthfully I'm completely lost over his kdrama's choice so I'll wait for the announcement and if it indeed is MP then he successfully made a misleading description of his character...  :-S

Instead of shedding us some lights of his next project, he made us think more and completely lost. Not only that Joo Jin Mo-san was doing his Ninja in Japan but he's trolling us too. Where's my ticket for Seoul? We need to talk... >:/ b-(   (he will be called Punched Prosecutor after that)

Guest meelis

It's true, @salijoo, instead of making the things more clear about his upcoming drama, he made us even more confused than we already were. ;)) This oppa...

I have to admit I had a similar thought as @lyfuym, of course he didn't give wrong info to the nugu lady, but something made him change his mind between his visit to her store and the moment he signed a contract, and he accepted another drama. I DO hope this isn't the case, it isn't his style, I believe he committed to a particular drama already in the beginning of February when the schedule for GWTW performances was made and he sticks to it, what he mentioned only means he sealed the deal 2 or 3 days before Japan. 
The question is, which drama? The character description doesn't match the MP as we thought it would be (the superhero thing), but maybe we were wrong about the whole concept. :P

On DC, they talked about that drama, they said his character's description is the same: http://isplus.joins.com/article/020/17357020.html?cloc=

Two Weeks Writer & 'My Name is Kim Sam Soon' PD will work together for a pre-produced drama.... But I don't think it's that as the drama doesn't have a timeslot and May is in 2 months so they won't have time to shoot.

Damn it, only MP matches with his timeline... and yet his description... Where is he? Has he return to SK yet? Tell him I'm waiting for him. >-)

Guest lorac

Every day I check in and read the thread, and with each day my anticipation grows, what will he choose for his next drama. The speculation is making my head spin as is Jin Mo's seeming inability to confirm. Indeed, he is a mystery man.

I'm just hoping it's not a long weekend family because I can't take another 50-episode drama from our guy. Empress Ki almost ruined my love for Korean dramas.

Guest meelis

On DC, they talked about that drama, they said his character's description is the same: http://isplus.joins.com/article/020/17357020.html?cloc=
Two Weeks Writer & 'My Name is Kim Sam Soon' PD will work together for a pre-produced drama.... But I don't think it's that as the drama doesn't have a timeslot and May is in 2 months so they won't have time to shoot.

Damn it, only MP matches with his timeline... and yet his description... Where is he? Has he return to SK yet? Tell him I'm waiting for him. >-)

No kidding.... another drama =))  I can't... On which channel is it? I didn't see it mentioned. @salijoo, I'll join you there in Seoul, if I'm not wrong someone said he's going back on 15 March late in the evening, so he must have returned by now. :D

@lorac, don't worry, he said it will be a short drama (16 to 20 episodes). I wish he was as specific as that about the genre and his character. 

@meelis, That drama doesn't have a channel yet. :))

Can't believe it, JJM told the CEO it would be in May and in his Fan Meeting he said "early summer" that's freaking end of June dude. (but like @QuercusL said JJM always has problem with time). Comparing the two, the CEO was the most detailed as she said the month, he even told her with whom he'll act. It even follows the fact that he will be busy in the beginning of April onwards. 

But I browsed on Naver and there is no drama that airs in May without any fix casting or rumored ones except for MP. :-< (:|

Guest meelis

Thanks for the info, @salijoo, so it can't be the drama from the latest news, because it seems to be at a very initial state of planning, while if he has indeed signed a contract for a particular drama, it must be at a very advanced stage. :)

So basically we have two options left, no? With equal chances now, 50:50. I won't comment on the options atm though, I prefer to wait for the announcement first. :P

@meelis, Like you said Joo Jin Mo signed the contract, even for Gabi which he had agreed to do, he didn't sign the contract. I remember when Lee Dae Hee left the project at the last minute... Joo Jin Mo's reps said that if the project is postponed he will look for other scripts. So, signing the contract must be when the dates for the shooting are planned, the script reading session date set, the costumes, everything is ready. So, yeah, the project that Joo Jin Mo took is at a very advanced stage. Only MP, matches that or the other SBS drama (but Sung Yuri is supposed to act with him so it can't be that one).

It can be the drama that will follow 'Falling for Innocence' for JTBC but the media still didn't release its name, PD or writer so it doesn't make sense if JJM signed it...

Guest meelis

Thanks, @salijoo, I don't know why, but for a moment I forgot about Sung Yuri. Right now her name sounds like music to me. :) 

So this changes the ratio and we are back to an earlier stage when we estimated the chances for MP at 80% vs. 20% for another drama (the 20% now mostly because of the character description and the early summer period he indicated) . Not bad, not bad at all. ;) 

(I feel bad about that, but I tend to believe what the CEO said, presuming of course that the info comes from JJM himself and also it could be that she has some insider info from KBS, than what he said during the FM, it was too vague) :P

@meelis, Agreed, the CEO was much more detailed, JJM was too vague. Adding the fact that she was very affirmative, I meant by that, she announced that as a fact not an info, she didn't even say something like: "He said to me", "We talk about that", she directly say how she wishes him success for his upcoming May Drama.. 

I've noticed how the Instagram of her brand liked JJM pictures (including the drama one) when they only liked the shoes in the store's posts.

Guest meelis

BTW, while waiting for something more specific about the drama, here is the collection of GWTW photos made by our friends at Baidu (3 pages!). WOW, going through all pics gathered in one place makes me realize how great it was while it lasted. It was EPIC. Thank you for this emotion, Jin Mo ssi, we enjoyed it as much as you. :-* Looking forward to his performance on 20 March in Busan.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3402253537#!/l/p1

@salijoo, true! In Namuhana we trust. ;))