Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

salijoo said:But I don't know why MBC is afraid though, not only it has been 2 years that their dramas are on roll ratings-wise but all the high budget dramas failed: Healer, Blood, Hyde Jekyll Me to name a few... 

@lucy13880_fab5, Yup, like @meelis said It has always been the case with JJM... *waiting*. :))Adding the fact that Inju Performances dates have been delayed so it surely means that JJM can't do it too, I don't know the dates but it seems like around May-June.
@ElinaG, I'm aware about Healer's amazing international popularity... BUT the main income of the production is its ratings, did you check it? Last on its timeslot and never manage to break the 10%. Thankfully for them they can always sale the rights in other countries to pay the staff and production but the main income (aka South Korea) is a complete fail. Same for Hyde, Jekyll Me & Blood, the thing is Healer was still popular with netizen but the last two mentionned aren't, so I don't know how they'll save their faces. About Hyde Jekyll Me's script, we can agree to disagree. I wanted it to be good, really wanted... I suffered 4 episodes, it was more than enough. It completely deserves its ratings to be honest.

There are more articles about Gone with the Wind....... 
In this article, it said that "Gone with the Wind" is the boxoffice success in the title. 
http://wowstar.wowtv.co.kr/news/view.asp?newsid=56132

<off-topic> 
@ElinaG~~~

Healer's ratings were at the bottom of its time slot. It is not a winner in the rating department.  

Sometimes, it is not good enough to read online reviews.   After all, ratings are determined by millions of viewers, while online reviews may be contributed by a relative small group of fans.   Especially, some fans are more outspoken than the others.  The popularity of their bias may be overestimated. 

@meelis, checked the article and yes 70% is the average. Joo Jin Mo last Seoul performance had a sold out for its "VIP" seats.
LOL @lucy13880_fab5, =)) =)) What kind of changement are you looking for? 
@QuercusL, they seem to media-play the National Tour with its box office success in Seoul. In orther words, they start promoting it.

@meelis and @salijoo~~~

The boxoffice roughly fluctuated between 65% - 85%.  An average of 70% sounds right to me.   Of course, I could not see the sales for the last 24 hours due to the design of InterPark.  

The ticket sales of Busan and Incheon both ranked OK. It is good that they are promoting the musical :)!  

PS: I wonder what they meant by "off-season".  Does it mean "opera season" so that SAR is open to other performances like musicals? 

LOL, @lucy13880_fab5, yeah, let's do some waiting... for a change. =))
I can't take part in your discussion, since I haven't seen any of these dramas, but I agree with @QuercusL, the info over the net is misleading in most cases, some things are hyperbolized, others exactly the opposite, so we can't rely on it only to get the general picture.
I just saw the pic below and remembered what @salijoo wrote about JJM being called the young Shin Hyun Joo, they actually played the same cartoon character in Bichunmoo, the movie and the drama respectively. :)
21EgfA.jpg

@meelis, here you go, it's the moment when Shin Hyun Joon mentionned that (1m17s):

I remember an episode of 'Happy Together' where Shin Hyun Joon shared his teens' pictures, he was so good looking, he didn't look like a Korean at all, he said it was because his mother looked like an Indian. :)) Joo Jin Mo never shared his teens' pictures so I don't have the possibility to compare too bad.

In the other part, Park Jong Hoon mentionned JJM's link with female actress and their fame and he asked him what behavior he despised the most from an actress. Joo Jin Mo replied how what he will say has nothing to do with all the actresses he acted with but he hates when an actress comes back home after finishing her parts. Not encouraging the other actors or drink with them. 

@salijoo~~~
In the 100 Q&A of JJM, JJM mentioned that his nickname was "洋鬼子" in high school. It referred to westerners in Chinese.  So, I guess it was widely acknowledged that he did not look like Koreans during his teenager years.  

Forgot to mention that too, Park Jong Hoon said what kind of behavior JJM likes from an actress, JJM mentionned some things (that I didn't understand) + he likes when they make eye contacts with him, which makes everyone laughed even Song Kang Ho.
About the type of actress he hates the most,Park Jong Hoon then said: "So you mean that when you finish shooting, you wait for them?"Joo Jin Mo: "If I have no schedule after, yes."Park Joong Hoon: "So, we have it Joo Jin Mo wants an actress that loves making eye contact plus waiting for him till the end of the shooting" Which brings laughters around him. :))
@lucy13880_fab5, THANKS!!! :-* :-* :-*

Thanks, @lucy13880_fab5, I've never seen the last one, too bad he never shared other photos of his family members, I always wondered from whom he inherited his exotic features and also whether his sisters look anything like him.  :)
Ah, @salijoo, I like very much that part about the actresses. He isn't easy to please. ;)) I imagine the actresses (who may be tired) desperately waiting for him to finish shooting. So, if they can wait, why can't we (wait for him to start shooting)? :))

Little survey in the time we all are waiting for next project announcement  :)We all love very much JJM's deep sexy voice. What song would you like him to perform? more then one answer possible, links from youtube are welcome :)
my suggestions:

1. "Wind Breeze" by

Park Wan Kyu (Empress Ki OST part 5)

2. "It's My World" by Deulgukhwa. I know it is kind of iconic song in Korea but it has few covers so why not one from JJM. I think his voice will fit this song greatly.

Great idea, @ElinaG! :) Besides Wind breeze, I would like to hear him sing another legendary Park Wan Kyu song (who happened to be one of my favorite singers since Boohwal), Love over thousand years, I simply adore it and can easily imagine it sung by JJM (he'd have to work on his high notes though, PWK is a mountain to climb in this respect ;) )

@lucy13880_fab5 wow!!! Baby JJM is soooo cute!! thank you! I've been lookin for an HQ version of those baby pics.. is there any? I mean the picture itself, not in the projector or something....

My God so cute.. the cutest Korean baby.. did this man enter an ugly duckling stage?? I don't think he did..
Been busy haven't backread here...Your post caught my attention :)

LOL @jei_em, I don't think he has ever been through an ugly duckling stage, he looks fine on is teen pics. :) I have only seen his baby pics and the fourth one as a picture, while the rest of the photos were only shown during the fan meeting.
Many articles about GWTW promoting the national tour. :)>-
wsemnZ.jpg

http://www.readersnews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=52848
http://article.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=109543
http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail/view.html?ar_id=NISX20150225_0013496418&cID=10702&pID=10700
http://biz.newdaily.co.kr/news/article.html?no=10064941
http://wowstar.wowtv.co.kr/news/view.asp?newsid=56132
http://bntnews.hankyung.com/apps/news?popup=0&nid=04&c1=04&c2=04&c3=00&nkey=201502241704493&mode=sub_view
etc. :)