Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest ElinaG

sarah.lina said: The pic in this post is beyond gorgeous... MOTHER OF A PIC and it's not even because he doesn't have clothes on :P
It's so feminine and yet masculine at the same time with a king aura in it... this pic alone can represent King Gongmin in the movie... JJM should really take risks like that, i mean when you look at JJM the first and someone says to you that he will play a gay, the first reaction would be... he's too masculine he will never be believable as a gay, ironically enough he was more believable than Jo In Sung (who happened to be a lil more feminine than him)

Guest meelis

I simply adore that AFF pic, @sarah.lina, your description is great, thank you >:D<

I'm advancing with Dream, so far so good, and of course love JJM there, he's fresh... I don't blame him for not having taken another sageuk (QSD) right after AFF, I think he needed a change and obviously enjoyed very much being in Dream. I don't care about the ratings, because Koreans' taste is strange to me..

:)

@meelis : K-net are always on "i want less romance in drama ect..." but every drama without love triangle nor melo failed...

The key points of Dream are (for me)
1. Sports Agencies Corruption (the overall story)
2. Joo Jin Mo - Kim Bum Bromance
3. All the process of JJM's character growing as a solid sport agent
4. The Flowers Boys Team... i love them :))
5. JJM was the highlight of the show.

As for the weak points :

1. Romance, they should have cut it, they couldn't deal with it so it's not even necessary to add it makes the drama awkward.
2. Son Dam Bi's acting at the beginning, man she was struggling a lot, you can notice how JJM was trying to make her more at ease but still...
3. They drag too much the father and son relationship, a little is good but too much it looses the climax, it was even Oh Dal Soo first drama, this man is highly praised and respected in Korea.

@starjjmoon : the only thing we could get is an autograph from JJM at the event?... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Guest meelis

@sarah.lina, thank you for the analysis, I think I'm enjoying Dream for the same reasons. I don't even find Son Dam Bi that bad... Huh, and I know Oh Dal Soo is a great actor and he made his character more lovable than despicable since the beginning, but because of those annoying characters around him (including curly Golta :D ), I tend to fast forward some of his scenes...

What?! do you think that from the golf event we will really be left only with that... ball? I hope not. :))

@QuercusL, I was surprised too because of that old article from a 2010 Style Icon event, maybe there's something about it in the new Vogue issue?

Anyway, here are some pics (it's not my favorite JJM look, but at least he got an award that night :D )

2swk.jpgb2z4.jpgr0486.jpg

credits as labeled

Guest lorac

One of the conflicts between Nam Je-Il and Lee Jang-Seok was their relationships with Park So-Yeon. Although she was Jang-Seok's first love, she only saw him as a younger brother. I guess they could have left it at that but had to add the love interest between her and Je-Il to give it more conflict. It was a quiet romance for sure. The ending was sort of dumb because I never imagined je-Il as being that shy.
dream-banner.jpg

@sarah.lina and @meelis ~~~
Thank you for the analysis of Dream! Nice points :)

I agreed that the father-son relationship drapped too much. The romance was OK for me.  I acutally like this kind of mild romance.  Son Dam Bi herself was not too bad in my eyes. I always like a strong woman. Son Dam Bi's character is not strong in her personality, but somewhat strong physically.  I enjoy her boxing and coahcing scenes. Her acting was not amazing, but not annoying either.  So, I always watch her in a "relaxing mode" :)!  
As a die-hard JJM fan, I enjoyed JJM in Dream very much.  It seemed to me that he reached the "next level" in Dream.  He felt more confident and sophiscated in Dream than "the Queen of the Game". 

Guest meelis

I agree, @QuercusL, JJM is very confident in Dream, feels like he already totally masters his art.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hadn't seen this pic (Ah, that perfect jawline :x)

qmbsj.jpg

credits as labeled

Totally agree with you all, Joo Jin Mo seems effortlessly good and refreshing in Dream maybe because it was shot in Busan thus made it perfect for watching it in Summer :D

At first the romance interaction between the 3 leads was refreshing to watch but because of the ratings it seemed like the scriptwriter was pressed to add the typical love triangle but it wasn't credible, he should have continued like that (ie "Son Dam Bi" having crush for "JJM"; "KB" for "SDB" and "JJM" being gradually shaken by "SDB" charm as a strong woman)... and yes like @lorac said Nam Je Il is far from being shy, he had a girlfriend but in the end they have shown us a timid NJE which was off his character.

@QuercusL : as for SDB's acting, it was ok for the "easy scenes" i'm talking about the "emotional scenes" which were more difficult to act for a singer like her.

Guest lorac

Here's Jin Mo from Premiere minus the watermark and with a little added tweaking by me. If anyone wants the post watermark, but pre lorac-tweaking let me know.
jjm-premiere_zps5bf2ecc9.jpg

Our beloved JJM is getting popular in Taiwan~~~~
The rating of the 10 sec. shirtless WY scene  was 3.92. Apparently, it was one of record breaking ratings (I checked the rating of the No.1 shows in the previous two weeks. Their highest rating scenes were 2.14 and 2.25. However, the numbers varied a lot). TV channels seemed to treat this as a big deal. This news of the highest rating scene in EK and WY's photo were on several TV channels!! :)
One of the TV stations even made a special topic on rating promotion by shirtless male leads. 

10441196_1405393456417150_11378415950291

The news article on the rating promotion by male stars......

This article said that ratings were promoted by female stars in swimming suits. The new way for rating promotion is by shirtless male leads. It mentioned Joo Jin Mo in EK, then other Taiwanese stars. "以往總是女星比基尼搏版面,現在男星秀腹肌也搶收視率,由河智苑主演的「奇皇后」,前天演出朱鎮模飾演的高麗廢主「王裕」成為俘虜,短短不到1分鐘更衣畫面露出精壯身材,吸引62萬多人觀賞,而要比腹肌,台灣偶像男星也不遑多讓,鄭元暢和暖男劉以豪在新戲中大秀好身材,收視屢屢創下好成績,甚至連慶功宴都大玩濕身脫衣秀。"

http://video.n.yam.com/20140619366303/%E5%A5%B3%E6%98%9F%E7%A7%80%E8%BA%AB%E6%9D%90OUT%EF%BC%81%20%E7%94%B7%E8%85%B9%E8%82%8C%E6%90%8F%E6%94%B6%E8%A6%96%E7%95%B6%E9%81%93

This is what I got when I searched for Joo Jin Mo~~~

10357508_1405461086410387_94254130199507

...... and this is what I got when I searched for "Empress Ki" in Google

149942_1405466306409865_1847797411134509

Guest anjshin

much much better without the watermark @lorac thanks for sharing. :D

wow at WangYoo, he is garnering viewers in Taiwan. :x thanks for sharing @QuercusL‌ :-bd

@sarah.lina: Re: the final scene where Nam Je iL becomes suddenly shy might be included in the transition of the change in character. He is suppose to be the sweet, caring and courageous guy next door, but not until when his dreams where shuttered and fell in the control of Kang and learned to have no fear and play the business. That's where SDB and KB's character played in his personality change, to redeem him back, especially the best in him. He acted a little shy confessing his feelings for SDB(playing CUTE) because he doesn't want to be awkward to KB's because he denied it many times, he played a little defense there because he doesn't want to lose both. :D Sorry for spoiling my dear @meelis , Just my 2cents. :)

Guest meelis

@anjshin, don't worry, I'm already spoiled enough about Dream, so please feel free to comment on whatever you want.  >:D<

I liked this pic:

p0gq.jpg

I think this is a CD cover?

2ywa2.jpg

credits to the owners

Thank you, @starjjmoon, great pics! :x =P~

@QuercusL : Shirtless Wang Yoo everywhere in your local news, i can say that taiwanese have a really good taste in men :D

@anjshin : excuse me i couldn't read your theory, i was busy drooling over your avatar (one of my fav pic of him) =P~ 8-}
btw : your theory makes sense i agree with you on that, maybe they wanted to emphasize that...

Guest anjshin

it's alright my dear @sarah.lina it is actually my problem too, fangirling with the said photo with my favorite color, with the angle, and most importantly, uri JJM :x :P