Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"; [Upcoming Musical 2024.12.6~2025.2.16 : (Dracula) "Bloody Love"]

booha

Hello!  hyukhyuk girls!
CJH supposed to spend Christmas Eve with LMH but his filming went on late so their date was cancelled. The article said 'movie filming.'  But I'm wondering whether it was about the movie 'God's Trick' or the new drama 'ERMW.'   I wish we could see some pictures from 'God's Trick.'  He is supposed to be a henchman  to this bad guy.  I'm just curious about how CJH will look as a henchman.

(published 12/19)  http://www.ajunews.com/view/20131218112003200
아주경제, selected the best 3 male actors for 2013 the saguk/historical drama.
CJH started the WR fervor syndrome through MBC ‘GFB’ which ended last June.
20131218112225856295.jpg

(particle translation for ER Man and Woman )  (12/29)
  http://www.obsnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=763477
763477_112798_5536.jpg
763477_112797_5525.jpg
CJH got cast for the new drama, ‘ERMW’ which is the follow-up of ‘Reply1994’ in cable channel tvN and he has been preparing for the transformation to new acting.

“This time I will be crushed a lot. I’m going to let go of myself for a new act which a lot of people would be surprised by. Starting from the first episode, there will be many fun scenes and show the unexpected side of my new image.

‘ERMW’ is the rom-com romance. The drama is about couple who divorced 6 yrs ago and met again as interns in the ER unit to start a relationship.
CJH said “As I was thinking about doing something brighter for the next project, ‘ERMW’ caught my attention among projects given to me. This drama is the follow-up of the popular ‘Reply1994’ and making of two successive homeruns could be a burden but I feel good with this drama. Five actors gathered to make a teaser. It seems we are well casted and I like the script too.”

He talked about Oh Chang Min character of which, “He is much more a normal person than Kim Won.” “A bit looser, behaving somewhat frivolously (or lightheartedly ) and superficially, with a short temper. He is smart but has a not-likable (or flaky) appearance about him. He is 180 degrees different character from the ones I have been played before. I feel there is a lot to show.” He revealed his expectations about the drama.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who think its sad that actors like CJH are still considered "rookies" or sometimes even "newcomer". They've been in the business for a while but just because someone like him has a breakout role and gets better known makes them a rookie? so confused. Instead of "rookie" I think breakout role might fit better (depending on the award I guess) :)

Guest honeybee_1

I wish he will win  both at MBC and SBS Drama Awards **praying**..He deserves them especially for Wol Ryung role. The Heirs was boring to me. I only watch it for Kim Won :) but he only appeared a few seconds in every episodes..Whoever the famous scriptwriter of The Heirs, I'm VERY disappointed in her. Now waiting for his new drama. hopefully it will be a great one ;)

Guest JAYwalkers

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Choi Jin Hyuk Reveals His True Agejun2yng December 30, 2013 

choijinhyuk.jpg

Actor Choi Jin Hyuk recently revealed that the age on his profile is not his real age.

In an interview with SBS E! News, the actor said, “If you search my name on a portal site, it says that my birthday is early 1985, but it’s actually early 1986.”  

Choi Jin Hyuk revealed why he had raised his profile age by one, saying that since he was young, because of his ‘early’ birthdate, he had a lot of incidents here and there that led to a sort of trauma. In Korea, if you are born in the months of January and February, you are put into the same school year as those who were born in the year before you; thus came about the “early” birthdate. 

“In elementary school, I used to get into fist fights because of my age.” At that age when everyone was so childish, his male classmates would tell him that he was their junior, and to kneel in front of them, which led to physical altercations. “This continued all the way up until college, so I’ve been sensitive about the topic since a young age, and it’s a source of stress for me.” So, he said, three years ago, he changed his birthday to an early 1985 birthday, something even his fans didn’t know about. 

“Now that a lot of people I know know me as being born in ’85, I felt weird changing the profile back, so I just left it. However, it is just the profile that I’ve left; my friends and acquaintances know my age. So there’s no problem there. In any case, I do feel it is right to have the correct age on my profile, and I have plans to request a change.”

The topic of his age came up when Choi Jin Hyuk was asked in an interview how he feels coming up on thirty, where he then revealed his true age, and said “I’ve gained one more year before thirty.”

http://www.soompi.com/2013/12/30/choi-jin-hyuk-reveals-his-true-age/#.UsFQ59Ktrs0

Guest Mishiellie

honeybee_1 said: I wish he will win  both at MBC and SBS Drama Awards **praying**..He deserves them especially for Wol Ryung role. The Heirs was boring to me. I only watch it for Kim Won :) but he only appeared a few seconds in every episodes..Whoever the famous scriptwriter of The Heirs, I'm VERY disappointed in her. Now waiting for his new drama. hopefully it will be a great one ;)

Thank you @JAYwalkers for the Soompi article with translation about his true age and other articles. It is from one of 3 articles posted above: http://etv.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10004898282
I don't know where I got this information but I always knew that he was 86. Some thought the change happened when his name was changed three years ago. At least I learned that he is from the tiger year.  haha 
viewimage.php?id=27b4de2efcc733&no=29bcc

cr to DC

Guest honeybee_1

Mishiellie said: honeybee_1 said: I wish he will win  both at MBC and SBS Drama Awards **praying**..He deserves them especially for Wol Ryung role. The Heirs was boring to me. I only watch it for Kim Won :) but he only appeared a few seconds in every episodes..Whoever the famous scriptwriter of The Heirs, I'm VERY disappointed in her. Now waiting for his new drama. hopefully it will be a great one ;)

OK He didn't win for a new actor category. Many many disappointed fans out there about it!  It doesn't mean we can't enjoy looking at some of his pictures for this event.
Thank you @istanbullu_e... for the pictures!
Thank you @PolarisCat  for posting!!
More pictures!!

cr to DC

Guest luvjinhyuk

@booha we can all share him :) thanks for those pictuces of him at the award show. Bummer he didnt win it's ok he still a winner in my book!!