[variety] Miraculous Victory And Defeat 기승史

Guest silverwingz

Guest silverwingz

after re-watching that episode with subs, it makes me wish they'd bring back some of the old games into the newer episodes. i think that'd make it more enjoyable, the last one wasn't that great imo (i didn't understand why they were laughing their heads off, i guess it'd be funnier if i understood korean or something *shrugs*).

the last episode (with DBSK) has been subbed... have u watched it with the subs? i think the only good part of the show was the Word Game...

but i wouldn't say that the last episode (even tho it had so many of my favourite stars) was a very memorable episode... but it was ok.

Silverwingz: are so many of us really not korean??? heheeh... i just wish I knew other people where I live that liked anything other than country music and the bush politics.... hehehe.... aww middle america.... (not trying to be mean!)

yeah i think majority of us here are non-Koreans. look how hard it is to find translators! LOL...

lol... middle america's like that? so it's like the "country" part of america? sorry, my geography is pretty bad... hehe...

but don't worry, all these kinda shows and Korean music, etc... are that popular here in Australia either...

-edit-

YAY! another page accomplished! the big 30! lol...

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Really? My dad told me that there are decent sized populations of Koreans living in New Zealand and Australia b/c it's easier to get visas/stuff than compared to America. But he could be wrong ^^;

And I don't think it's surprising that a lot of people on Soompi are not Korean, considering this is an English forum :X

Most of my Korean friends are Fobs and their English is constantly improving so usually they just stick to what they know, Korean sites and etc.

Guest silverwingz

^ yeah, there's quite a lot of Koreans living here, but they sorta stick with each other... if u know what i mean...

so they themselves enjoy their Korean culture, but most of the population here doesn't really know much about that stuff...

i'm just saying that the whole Korean Wave thing hasn't exactly hit Australia (yet?) as much as other countries. haha!!

i know a lot of asian parents (like my mum) really like watching Korean dramas tho. i hate watching the dubbed stuff, so i download with subs.

but i kinda got tired of the dramas a few years ago coz i hated how everyone died of cancer... so lame... >_>

but i think they're moving away from the cancer and ppl dying in the end, etc... so it's all good again. haha!

and yeah, i would assume that most of the Koreans would use the Korean search engines and stuff... not International forums like this.

^Good lord I know what you mean. Korean immigrants are ridiculously clique-y.

Then again most people who can't speak English are I guess....

But seriously, how can they improve their English if they aren't willing to try and converse with OTHER people. =_=;

I feel like this show is going to be reformed again soon...

If not, I think it's going to get canceled :X

Guest silverwingz

^ yeah that's true. most international students at my school stick together as well...

but yeah, i reckon they should mingle more to improve their English skills.

Anyway... someone said that this week's guests are gonna be the same as last week's (a continuation of last week)...

but the official website's summary has different guests!

MVAD Episode 17 Guest List

Shin Jung Hwan Team: Park Jung Ah and Ha Ju Yeon (Jewelry), Park Hyun Bin, Choi Jung Won (UN) & Jung Mi Sun

Yoon Jong Shin Team: Andy, Seo In Young and Kim Eun Jung (Jewelry), Kim Ju Hee & Kim Il Jung

I knew members of Jewelry would come on eventually. we'll get to see the two new members...

And it looks like Park Hyun Bin and Choi Jung Won are becoming regulars on this show ^^. they're always interesting to watch... usually...

the last episode (with DBSK) has been subbed... have u watched it with the subs? i think the only good part of the show was the Word Game...

but i wouldn't say that the last episode (even tho it had so many of my favourite stars) was a very memorable episode... but it was ok.

yup, i watched the one with DBSK that was subbed. that was the episode i was referring to when i said that it wasn't that funny to me, it was an alright episode that had its moments (although very few of them) but nothing that got me laughing.

and what i meant about the show being funnier if i understood korean is that maybe something (like the funny factor or sentiments) might have been lost when it was translated. like how some jokes are only funny when they're said in their native tongue and lose a lot of its meaning if translated into another language.

i hope the next episode turns out to be better.

Guest meera

if 3 of them togehter it's gotta be funny.....

yeah....i think it's kindda like x man.......

n owh yeah....im so gonna watch big bang ep first....

thanx 4 uploading them guys.....^______________^

Guest edensanktogrief

I live in the suburbs... so it's like that here (in Texas) ... But there are a variety of people but more in the inner city, including plenty of koreans...

I think they're rather cliqueish here... and stay within thier own groups...

I'm so excited about the last part with dbsk >_<....

Guest silverwingz

yup, i watched the one with DBSK that was subbed. that was the episode i was referring to when i said that it wasn't that funny to me, it was an alright episode that had its moments (although very few of them) but nothing that got me laughing.

and what i meant about the show being funnier if i understood korean is that maybe something (like the funny factor or sentiments) might have been lost when it was translated. like how some jokes are only funny when they're said in their native tongue and lose a lot of its meaning if translated into another language.

i hope the next episode turns out to be better.

oh, right! yeah, it's most likely that some things were lost in translations... guess it can't be helped.

but damifino even said herself that it wasn't that great... and she understands Korean.

i hope this Sunday's episode will be better also. :sweatingbullets:

I live in the suburbs... so it's like that here (in Texas) ... But there are a variety of people but more in the inner city, including plenty of koreans...

I think they're rather cliqueish here... and stay within thier own groups...

I'm so excited about the last part with dbsk >_<....

yeah, that's common. they just feel more comfortable with the type of people they're normally with...

not like us who are either born here, or migrated at a very young age and went to multicultural schools.

but that's generalising too, coz i do know of some international students who like to mingle with everyone too. the very outgoing ones.

unfortunately, there's no "last part with DBSK". the DBSK episode was only a one-parter.

tomorrow's episode will have all the members of Jewelry. no DBSK members...

Guest missinu

^ there's a korean makeup artist who's coming in next thurs ^o^. i wanna make friends with her~~ lalalala`

XD!! omg the guest list!!! SEO IN YOUNG?!! the 2 jewelry girls? jung ah and in young? O_________O the other 2 are in jewelry? i thought it's park jung ah and seo in young? did you put at the wrong names??

edit:

The jewelry members are Park Jung Ah and Seo In Young, not the other two ^o^.

Guest mee_n_u

another ep with park hyun bin?? great!!

i watch this show from the beginning.. first i thought it's fun..

since PHB there.. this show is hilarious :lol: along with SJH , MC YOO, YJS, and now plus CJW..

looks like xman reunion..

can i ask PHB's profile here?? since i don't know where to post..

v

v

thx redevilica :lol:

Guest silverwingz

XD!! omg the guest list!!! SEO IN YOUNG?!! the 2 jewelry girls? jung ah and in young? O_________O the other 2 are in jewelry? i thought it's park jung ah and seo in young? did you put at the wrong names??

edit:

The jewelry members are Park Jung Ah and Seo In Young, not the other two ^o^.

yeah when i first saw those names, i was like, "who the hell are they?"...

but i always do a search on people i'm not familiar with and it turned out those are the names of the two new members.

i kinda suspected it anyway, since i watched their comeback performance and saw the two new members.

random: but i remember browsing through the pictures forums and they compared one of the new members (the one with dreadlocks) to a bulldog.

it's a bit mean... but i think it's slightly true with the photos they posted up of her. i wanna see what she looks like in the episode to confirm it! ROFL~

anyway... my first impressions of them are... bleh... (hope their personalities as seen in the episode will make me think differently about them).

i've always liked Park Jung Ah and Seo In Young tho... they're alright in my books.

thx.. :)

i tried to look for one, but can't find it anywhere!

Guest redevilica

another ep with park hyun bin?? great!!

i watch this show from the beginning.. first i thought it's fun..

since PHB there.. this show is hilarious :lol: along with SJH , MC YOO, YJS, and now plus CJW..

looks like xman reunion..

thx.. :)

Yay! I like this guy as well ^^ he's funny. Oh he's gonna be in tonights episode too? :D

parkhyunbinaf6.jpg

Park Hyun-Bin

Date of birth: October 18, 1982

Height: 174 cm

Blood type: B

Hobbies: Exercising, cooking

Education: Chugye University For The Arts, Vocal Music Major

Awards: 2006~ Best New Artist, 16th Seoul Pop Music Awards; 2006~ Best New Artist, 6th Korean Traditional Music Awards

“Trot Prince” Park Hyun-Bin is one of the leaders of the new generation trot movement that is sweeping the nation. 25 year-old Park attracted attention and won over fans with songs like “빠라빠빠/Bba-ra-bba-bba” and “곤드레 만드레/Gondeurae Mandeurae.” His explosive 2006 hit song and album “Gondeureh Mandeureh/ Dead Drunk” made Park a house-hold name and he continues to gain popularity with his new music and TV appearances.

Though he majored in vocal music, Park switched genres to become one of the most popular singers today.

DISCOGRAPHY

Bbara-bba-bba (Single, 2006-04-06) : Bbara-bba-bba (Original), Bbara-bba-bba (World Cup Song), Bbara-bba-bba (Twist Version), Woman Who Laughs Only With A Smile, Beautiful Promise, It’s Not True, Jjam-Bbong

Gondeureh Mandeureh (1st album, 2006-08-09) : Gondeureh Mandeureh, Bbara-bba-bba, Beautiful Promise, I’m Sorry, Dancing Queen, To Your Side, Men Cry Too, Courtship, Woman Who Laughs Only With A Smile, It’s Not True, Jjam-Bbong, Gondeureh Mandeureh (Remix), Gondeureh Mandeureh (MR)

Just Believe Me (Single, 2007-08-01) : Just Believe Me, Just Believe Me (Remix), Just Believe Me

From KBS

Guest silverwingz

^ thanks Angelica! (that's ur name right?)

he's more popular than i thought he was!

anyway... did anyone catch today's episode?

Guest redevilica

^ yep that's my name :D PHB is funny even without me understanding whatever he says on the show xD

you're welcome mee_n_u :)

i hope i can get this clip up on cb by tomorrow morning >.<

Guest redevilica

available in CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/wackycashew

[HQ] New Good Sunday Miraculous Victory & Defeat (2008-03-09).avi [509.2MB]

Jewelry, Andy, Park Hyun Bin, Choi Jung Won, Jung Mi Sun, Kim Ju Hee, Kim Il Jung

NEW files uploaded to this CB from Mar. 9-18;

after it passes inspection, those files will be moved to cashewmania CB ^_^

Guest silverwingz

Hi Angelica ^^ :D

Hope this episode was good!

Good Sunday (080308) Ratings

TNS Media: 9.8% (Nationwide), 9.9% (Seoul)

AGB Nielson: Below Top 20 (Nationwide), 9.9% (Seoul)

Archived