[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

Guest charmaine412

I love this series! I cried a lot while watching this. The two lead characters are very talented, especially Mama Da hae.. :lol:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Madrasta

I am on episode 6 now and it's really getting better. Lee Dae Hee is a good actress, but I still see a trace of her acting in "My Girl." Jang Hyuk has a "bad boy" image here. But, I find some of his acting too "theatrical." Well, aside from that, I am sure am into watching one of the most beautiful korean series as of date. :rolleyes:

Guest o-cha

malia : yaaayyy..you're here. I normally just see you on JH's thread. JH can put on 10 pounds and still look great..most definitely...hehehe.

Madrasta : I'm happy to know that you are enjoying Robbers. I totally agree...Robbers is such a beautiful drama.

As for Da Hae's acting... keep watching and you'll see that she is a versatile actress.... I'm sure after you finish Robbers you won't see the 'My Girl' character in her role as Dal Rae anymore.

As for Jang Hyuk --- same thing...keep watching...and watch the transformation of the bad boy. I have to agree somewhat with your observation of a 'theatrical acting'...I think the character Oh Joon is one that is 'over the top' that JH has to really go full blown acting to portray this character. I'm okay with this as I still find his acting very very moving.

charmaine412 : yeah Da Hae did a great job here....I knew she would be able to pull off playing Dal Rae.

desert_rain : yuuuppp Jang Hyuk is fiiiinnnneee...hehehe.

imogene_af : lol...you're right. I remember that...she did turn off her cell phone like any normal person.

Okay...you all know how much I love Robbers,right? I don't normally talk about anything bad regarding Robbers. However I feel I should still say this...

I just wish Kwon Oh Joon didn't have to cry that much. There I said it...that's my only complain of the drama.

All of OJ's crying scenes are appropriate...but I just wish they could've hold off on the crying in a couple of the scenes. Crying is indeed a powerful tool in a scene but sometimes holding in a cry could be even more powerful.

Guest imogene_af

^

Good thing Jang Hyuk is an effective crying guy, it can be more annoying if he cried like he's soap acting.

I believe Oh Joon's character is somehow like an actor and the world was his stage. I remember we talked about it earlier on, he fooled people with the different roles that he played, and he would even dance just like Gene Kelly on the streets. I believe he felt like a god every time he puts on his "shows". His intense personality is within his character, IMHO. :)

i just finished the series!! it was really gooooood..

i actually liked the ending. they were a perfect couple,

so much chemistry : ) ~ i love all of jang hyuk's

facial expressions..some were totally similar when

he was in windstruck lol.~

Guest loveof

^ i agree! i liked the ending too.. i thought it was going to be bad since a lot of people said so but it was sort of a cliff-hanger.

his acting is so amazing! i was so touched whenever he said something to dal rae! LOL, i think this is one of the dramas i cried most for..

following time between wolf and dog! ^_^

jang hyuk is soo hot and his attitude/personality was amazing!

lee da hae was so adorable and i think her acting has improved a lot!

also the little girl was just simply adorable!

great drama, i would recommended it and i'm so happy i have watched it! :)

Guest choong jae

is there any K-drama where any of the lead stars turned the cellphone off w/out removing the batteries?! honestly i cant think of any hahaha ... i think i saw one in soulmate but im not really sure hahah.

sorry, i cant let go of this topic! haha.

:w00t:

LOL its so true, really all the actors/actresses have to turn off their cellphone by removing the batteries. then there's the

"leaving the phone ring when i don't want to answer it" - you know when the ppl just leave their phones ring instead of turning it off n eventually b/c the phone keeps ringing, they answer it anyway LOL

Guest charmaine412

Since we're already talking about phones, I also noticed it, I watched a series(My Girl), when Gong Chan don't want to answer her gf's call, but don't want to turn it off, Yoo Rin said, if you don't want to answer it, just turn it off, if you don't want to, it only means you are waiting her to call you again. Nice logic.. haha..

Why they can't just put it in silent mode or just ignore the call if they don't want to answer it anyway? hay..:rolleyes:

Guest Madrasta

Hi O-CHA, thanks for taking time to post your reply to my messages. Appreciate it very much...I really want to finish the Robber in one sitting, but my only available time is evening. So I just get to watch two eps every night... Lee Dae Hee is very pretty though...Hope to see her also with some amazing actors, namely: Kwon Sang Woo, Ji Sung and even Lee Dong Wok again. I miss their chemistry. About Jang Hyuk want to see him with the likes of Kim Ha Nuel and Eugene in his future series. :rolleyes:

Guest pretty_wuvwee

i love lee da hae...and i also love jang hyuk! so when i heard that they were going to be in one drama, i knew i had to see it! ;D i'm currently watching it in mysoju.com but I'm getting pissed off coz the episode 10 and the rest are not loading! ARggg!!!! want to finish this drama so bad! I've heard it didn't get a really high rating but I'm puzzled. It's actually a good one. Nice story and it is realistic as well. Plus, Da hae and Jang Hyuk have both improved so much. Their acting is superb and I've cried with them, too. ;D That's why I don't get why it didn't become popular in Korea...maybe it's fit for Filipino taste rather than Koreans? lol... ;D

Anyway, I hope mysoju fixes the problem with Robbers! aRgg... I wanna watch it so bad. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER WEBSITES (ASIDE FROM MYSOJU) THAT WOULD ALLOW VIDEO STREAMING FOR ROBBERS? Please do reply. Thanks. ;D

Guest malia

^

Good thing Jang Hyuk is an effective crying guy, it can be more annoying if he cried like he's soap acting.

I believe Oh Joon's character is somehow like an actor and the world was his stage. I remember we talked about it earlier on, he fooled people with the different roles that he played, and he would even dance just like Gene Kelly on the streets. I believe he felt like a god every time he puts on his "shows". His intense personality is within his character, IMHO. :)

good assessment, imogene_af....and i agree with you. gosh, that jang hyuk is amazing isn't he??!! and you were

wondering if jang hyuk is a method actor? like you, i also wondered this and now i truly believe that he is. he

truly puts his heart and soul into portraying the character. his eyes and his facial expressions just always

manages to connect with me and it is so awesome!!!!!

hi, hi, o-cha...thank you for greeting me!!! yep, love that guy regardless if he's 10 lbs lighter or 10 lbs. heavier..haha..:) love him, love him!!!

i have just finished watching episodes:10 .. and will watch EP 11....

As far what i can say .. The acting of Lee da hae has really changed from time to time....

From

"My girl" --> "Hell miss" ---> "Robbers"

the acting done by lee da is really watching she can make you smile and same time cry.

although i can't say much as i hardly watch shows when i got time.

last:Does anyone knows what More show has lee da hae have done.. beside that mentioned above.

Guest imogene_af

i love lee da hae...and i also love jang hyuk! so when i heard that they were going to be in one drama, i knew i had to see it! ;D i'm currently watching it in mysoju.com but I'm getting pissed off coz the episode 10 and the rest are not loading! ARggg!!!! want to finish this drama so bad! I've heard it didn't get a really high rating but I'm puzzled. It's actually a good one. Nice story and it is realistic as well. Plus, Da hae and Jang Hyuk have both improved so much. Their acting is superb and I've cried with them, too. ;D That's why I don't get why it didn't become popular in Korea...maybe it's fit for Filipino taste rather than Koreans? lol... ;D

Anyway, I hope mysoju fixes the problem with Robbers! aRgg... I wanna watch it so bad. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER WEBSITES (ASIDE FROM MYSOJU) THAT WOULD ALLOW VIDEO STREAMING FOR ROBBERS? Please do reply. Thanks. ;D

Soompi discourages mysoju and such sites because they get the subtitles from WITHS2, what we do is we simply download the video files and the .srt files in order to watch it. Hehe but I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Robbers was pitted against two, big, and hyped shows that aren't melodramas. New Heart, a light medical drama already had a solid fanbase before Robbers even started. Hong Gil Dong is a historical fusion of a popular Korean icon and that was expected to be a huge hit. Robbers just trailed off behind, and it was also predicted earlier on.

:lol: I laugh though that it's the perfect formula for a Filipino audience, I think I have to agree. We thrive on deep-rooted drama, so we tend to embrace these kinds of stories.

Glad you're enjoying it,though.

J.Li- Lee Da Hae also starred in the following dramas: Green Rose (female lead) , Heaven's Fate/Lotus Flower Fairy (an everyday drama, so the subs are not available), Sweet 18 (villain), and Star's Echo (brief stint as a villain).

Before this she did a bunch of bit roles but these are the ones that you can see huge amounts of screen time wherein she's actually playing a vital character.

Yes "imogene_af "

i got some info about Lee da hae movie... but i think i will stick to these 3 shows.. as i didnt like watching old movies of her....

To be honest she is just a year older then Me.... <_< , though i saw "my girl" and i felt bored when i started to watch that show ,only she was the main attraction to the show and she captured my heart by the act she had made..

Well now "robbers" is something different which i am currently watching..

Lastly ... not a Korean as i am Chinese ;) but i do love K.shows.

Guest imogene_af

Yes "imogene_af "

i got some info about Lee da hae movie... but i think i will stick to these 3 shows.. as i didnt like watching old movies of her....

To be honest she is just a year older then Me.... <_< , though i saw "my girl" and i felt bored when i started to watch that show ,only she was the main attraction to the show and she captured my heart by the act she had made..

Well now "robbers" is something different which i am currently watching..

Lastly ... not a Korean as i am Chinese ;) but i do love K.shows.

Would you prefer her in dramas rather than comedies? Hehe.

We're the same age, I think that's part of the reason why I am drawn to her too.

I still believe ROBBERS was her best performance in her career, not flawless but she showed immense depth to play Jin Dal Rae. It was also a great way to shed off the cute image that My Girl and Hello! Miss kind of typecasted her in.

Guest bauboni

Would you prefer her in dramas rather than comedies? Hehe.

We're the same age, I think that's part of the reason why I am drawn to her too.

I still believe ROBBERS was her best performance in her career, not flawless but she showed immense depth to play Jin Dal Rae. It was also a great way to shed off the cute image that My Girl and Hello! Miss kind of typecasted her in.

Her acting in Robbers was excellent

but she was GORGEUS in green rose

i think these are her best works

and my girl right after

in fact, she is a genius - she does comedy and drama extremally well

o/

Guest o-cha

what I would recommend is download the episodes and the subtitle file. If you don't want to download the episodes you can watch it streaming (not subbed) on youtube or veoh. Check the first post..there are youtube links in there. You would still have to download the subtitle file and just open it next to your youtube screen. I know it's not as fun to watch vs hardsub streaming but WITHS2 has expressly requested that we don't hardsub.

Madrasta : I think Jang Hyuk and Lee Da Hae can act with anybody and still have great chemistry. They ALWAYS have great chemistry with anybody they are partnered with. It would be intriguing to see who their next partners would be..although I wouldn't mind another Jang Hyuk-Lee Da Hae pairing in another drama/movie..hehehe.

If I have my way I'd like to see Jang Hyuk with Han Ga In (I have a woman crush on HGI :lol:. I think she's the most beautiful K-actress out there)...and hmm Lee Da Hae with either Eric or Kim Rae Won (slim chance in the near future since they Eric and KRW will go to military service soon).

imogene_af : I think I prefer Da Hae in a Robbers type drama... she is a good melodramatic actress. Why I say Robbers type is because Robbers has some cute scenes in there where she can exercise her comedic side too.

I'm so happy that more people are coming to this thread nowadays. Robbers is such a special drama for me that I want to tell everybody to watch it.

Guest ripgal

I'm so glad ppl gave Robbers a chance.. indeed it was an underappreciated show in Korea. The ending was one of the most realistic ones I've seen, and SOOOOO MUCH better than the disappointing ending of HGD. (I didn't even watch it yet..still contemplating whether to watch it.. because I heard it ended real bad..

how can a fusion comedy end with the 2 main leads dying? crazy..

:crazy:

I also concur with imogene, that LDH's performance in Robbers was beautiful and moving. It was sort of a combination of her character Su Ah in Green Rose and Yoo Rin in My Girl. A bit of the cuteness of YR plus the demure-ness of Su Ah.. the combo was just perfect... a very convincing portrayal of both characters combined in one. Tho not flawless, but still it was a role delivered with heart and conviction.

o-cha, yes yes.. you're right on spot about Da Hae being able to have good chemistry with anybody. I also want her to act with other actors.. About Eric, well.. he's just been casted in a KBS HGD-type drama, called Choi Kang something (it's a fusion comedy as well, and I'm sooo excited.. hahaha..:lol: mind my fangirliness, have been going gaga over Shinhwa these days, and Eric's just YUMMMY :wub:) Well, the female lead has yet to be determined..would it be too much to hope for Da Hae being casted in an ancient drama, with Eric? hehehe.. They were supposed to be in H!M together actually.. but was replaced by Lee Ji Hoon..

Guest imogene_af

o-cha I'd love for Jang Hyuk and Da Hae to work together again... in a movie or a drama, even if he plays a serial killer or if she plays one, I don't care. :lol: he really brought out the best in her. He isn't a selfish actor who just swallows his co-star whole in a melodrama, he tends to shine with them.

Jo- I agree, plus she really brought out the different layers of Dal Rae, you are right, HEART and CONVICTION, perfect words. I don't know in this drama, I don't know if it's the lighting or the make-up or just LDH herself but the more Dal Rae falls for Oh Joon the more radiant she becomes.

But uhm...

That's the ending?! Totally not Hong Sisters-like!

Oooh who we want to work together.

I want her to work with TONS of actors, like most of you, I want an Eric-LDH pairing, I feel they might have chemistry. Also Gong Yoo-LDH, a Won Bin comeback with LDH. Kwon Sang Woo too. Lee Byung Hun if ever, I'd really like.

*The Superheroes gushing like insane fangirls...which we are*

Guest o-cha

my superheroine girls...I couldn't agree more with you two. Jang Hyuk is definitely one of those actors that can really bring out the best in his partner. I think the same can be said of Da Hae to some degree. I think Robbers happen to have the perfect cast in Jang Hyuk and Dal Rae...I can not picture anybody else playing their characters.

Jo : what you said about Da Hae bringing heart and conviction...totally true. I think we can't say enough how Da Hae has matured greatly in her acting in Robbers.

imogene_af : ok more on who we want our leads to work with in the future...

Gong Yoo-Da Hae might work except the fact we'll have to wait another 2 years... so I'd say no at the moment.... Ooooohhh with Won Bin...wouldn't that be something? Lee Byung Hun might be a tad too old for her...heck even with Jang Hyuk they already have an 8 year age difference...hehehe. Please please please let it be Eric-LDH....I'd really like that. OK...how about So Ji Sub and LDH? That man needs to make his comeback too... hehehe.

Back to the other half of our couple... Jang Hyuk...hmmm...I actyally want him to work with Jang Na Ra again..they were so cute in Successful story of A Bright Girl...who else..hmmm.... Jung Ryeo Won would probably be good too... Yoon Eun Hye? hmmm maybe. Gaaaawwddd I miss watching JH in dramas...

Archived