Trance/techno

T.B. Solangel

Guest res0nate

mixing isnt that hard, its just getting the fundamentals down, rhythm and beat counting.

which is probably the most important thing.

yeah 100 gigs and a ton of vinyl/cds. im a richard simmons haha

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^haha...awsome...u rock..B)

do u know how to work fruity loops than?...cause i dled the demo for fun...always wanna try mixing some trance...learn to mix some trance actually...haha...

Guest res0nate

the thing w/fruityloops is that you need ALOT of samples and its a pain in the richard simmons if youre stuck w/the demo or have to pay for them.

when i install fruityloops again, ill help you out. its been awhile =\

but really, if you get a chance, play w/decks and some vinyl. just feeling the actual thing and manipulating it, you learn things so much faster

Yea mixing's not THAT hard, but the thing is you have to get the right rhythm and choose the right music to mix with. Oh and Fruityloops is very confusing in my opinion...I use Reason. I had this file with a whole bunch of Fruitloop hard bass beats, but I can't seem to find it right now....

Oh and res0nate, why don't you show us your winamp playlist? I'd love to see what kind of tracks you have =) (lol and damn 100 gigs....that's crazy!)

Guest res0nate

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DKWLUF2Z

part of the list. too lazy to get on my top / xfer stuff from the pod. but thats a good portion of just the "electronic" stuff. deleted alot of pre2k5 stuff.

edit: does anyone have the "tim deluxe" album? has hte tracks "Just wont do" and such? btw, the leaked madonna track is good stuff

i prefer trance. i don't like "dance."

i don't know how i can tell the difference, but i think dance is more poppy.

DJ Tiesto, Ferry Corsten and Armin van Buuren are one of my favourites.

the thing w/fruityloops is that you need ALOT of samples and its a pain in the richard simmons if youre stuck w/the demo or have to pay for them.

when i install fruityloops again, ill help you out. its been awhile =\

but really, if you get a chance, play w/decks and some vinyl. just feeling the actual thing and manipulating it, you learn things so much faster

ah..icic..well..im just playing it for now for fun...maybe i ll take a lesson or something when i really want to mix some trance....all for fun..

&rea - yea...i think djs that mix their own trance or rhythm use beats that they made right?...o_o..

quite fasinated by hard trance...so tempeted to create something like that my self..>__<...

i love cosmic gate's human beings...after so many listens..im still not tired of it..i like the sound

Guest res0nate

dl a track from carl cox / sven vath / dave pearce, then do the same w/paul van dyk / tiesto or armin van buuren.

the former 3 are techno and the latter are trance. when you listen to the tracks you can distinguish the differences. i hate explaining the minute diffs' in each =\

ah..icic..well..im just playing it for now for fun...maybe i ll take a lesson or something when i really want to mix some trance....all for fun..

&rea - yea...i think djs that mix their own trance or rhythm use beats that they made right?...o_o..

quite fasinated by hard trance...so tempeted to create something like that my self..>__<...

i love cosmic gate's human beings...after so many listens..im still not tired of it..i like the sound

Well mixing is just getting tracks that already exist and putting them together in a way that suits the style and rhythm. So say I want to make a mix...I get the tracks I want...Decide what order to put them in, and use a mixer to create smooth transitions. The thing is...It's hard to decide if the tracks you chose fit together well enough to be unified I guess.

Remixing is getting a previously released song and adding/changing something about the track. It can be subtle or very drastic.

Producing is what it sounds like. You start from scratch. Get the beats, add any sound effects you want and whatnot. It's all made by you.

I'm guessing what you're looking to do is produce, which is the hardest of the three. Well good luck with that, and if you produce anything, send me some of your stuff =) I'm up for anything new ^_^

^haha..>__<...im such a newbie at this...dont know how to do anything...so if i ever meet a dj or someone who can produce trance..i would love to get a lesson or two...haha..maybe more than two...but hopefully one day i can learn it...

Guest res0nate

producing is mad stress. its the same for any genre of music, especially trying to find your own sound rather than coming off as cheesy trance rubbish.

producing is mad stress. its the same for any genre of music, especially trying to find your own sound rather than coming off as cheesy trance rubbish.

haha..that's true...but i still think it really depends on the listener..i mean..i liked some of the hard trance that were rated pretty low and didnt like some that were rated really high...so...for now..i just want to enjoy listening..^__^..my main focus is not DJing anyways

Guest res0nate

i wish more ppl would get into "real" trance instead of cheesy compilations (bad tracklisting / mixing / etc). maybe im just a purist, but youre really missing out on the whole thing!

maybe ill up a track everyday that i love listening to haha.

haha..real trance..than what are some 'real' trance artists?...well..if you are talking about dj tiesto, paul van dyk etc etc..those popular ones..i guess im not listening to 'real' trance..since they arent really my taste..they are just trance artists right..do they do hard trance though?...

res0nate..since ur so good with these stuff..recommand some good hard trance artists...

Archived