Nintendo Wii: The Next Generation Nintendo Console

Guest 1SwtDeception

Guest aznfishyfart

We finally got a Wii today, after weeks of waiting and of it being out of stock all the time in stores! (:

What we did to get our Wii was ...

Wake up about a good 5 hours before the store opens up. Wait in line till about an hour before the store opens. The store gives you a ticket, saying that you're #_ and that if you don't come within the first 2 hours the store is open, your Wii will go back on sale. It's kinda like a reservation kinda thing, but you gotta wait in line.

I think that they get shipments of maybe less than 20 Wii systems per (2) week(s) on Sundays. I'm not sure, but I think they best way is just to ask sale associates at electronic stores near you. They tell you tips of how to get your Wii's. Hahah.

dang u still gotta camp out? thats pretty crazy

its been like wat...5 months? o well thats a good thing for nintendo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Velocitii

gamestop was saying that its possible that nintendo were holding back shipments...if its true, then thats not cool

Guest dudeman

We can at least be reassured that Nintendo actually DOES have supply (even if they held it back) as opposed to not having any at all. I was almost afraid for a second that the Wiis were scarce because making stuff like the motion-sensing and the wi-fi was a pain to make, but apparently there isn't anything to worry about.

Actually, there really isn't anything FOR ME to worry about seeing as how I already have a Wii anyway :).

Guest clee86

Anyone finding the wii to be somewhat repetetive? Maybe it's just me but after the uniqueness of the mote wore off, it just isn't as much fun to play anymore.

Maybe I'll pick up a 360 or ps3 to play with the wii.

Guest milk tea!

^Yeah, but it's the same thing with graphics. After you own a 360 or PS3, the "next gen" graphics will wear off too... I still like the DS though.

I was almost afraid for a second that the Wiis were scarce because making stuff like the motion-sensing and the wi-fi was a pain to make, but apparently there isn't anything to worry about.

No, lol. If they were hard to make I'm sure it'd be more expensive. I think it's smart that they hold back supply.

Guest clee86

^Yeah, but it's the same thing with graphics. After you own a 360 or PS3, the "next gen" graphics will wear off too... I still like the DS though.

No, lol. If they were hard to make I'm sure it'd be more expensive. I think it's smart that they hold back supply.

^true, but it's the style of playing that's losing it's fun. I'm probably not going to sell my Wii, but I still would like one of the better graphics machines.

Guest dudeman

^ You played it right to get the Wii first. After all, the other two consoles truly look like loads of fun to play, but are butt-tastically expensive. Suppose the 360 and the PS3 really are more fun than the Wii; well then, unless you're a rich fogie with plenty of doubloons, you're gonna have a hell of a time trying to get the consoles. And what do you in the meantime while saving money for the monoliths? Play the Wii...:).

At least, that's the way I'm going about it, although I still find the Wii very fun and I would never want to give it up even if I had the other consoles (can't wait for MP3).

FYI, I just heard that Sony is toying with the idea of an 80 GB PS3...within a few days of the 360 ELITE being announced...sigh. Sony, I like you and all, but you really must stop trying to compete so hard with others...it's seriously making you look bad.

The only problem with the Wii at the moment is that everybody is using the controller as a gimmick still. I mean trying to port over games from the ps2 or xbox and just add a cheesy motion movement to do moves is kinda bleh. So far the only innovative use of the wii I've found is WarioWare, Rayman Raving Rabbits, and the Fishing Game from Zelda, which is kinda sad since all of these are nothing but mini-games.

Guest CK92842

I mildly agree, but one thing that separates this system from them all is that it's a family friendly oriented system. Anyone who's never played games before and easily pick up a controller and play. For the first time since I was 4, my parents began to take an interest at Nintendo's latest. Needless to say I've gotten them involved in a few friendly matches of Wii Sports be it Boxing, Bowling or Golf. Heck just last week I encouraged my grandmother to join me in a match of Baseball.

By the way did anyone see this... :blink:

mariosonicolympiclb2.jpg

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/marioandsonic/index.php

Guest Amicus

the only way mario would beat sonic in a race around the track is if he turned it into 2d.

i hope its good. but its being made by sega.

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

Anyone finding the wii to be somewhat repetetive? Maybe it's just me but after the uniqueness of the mote wore off, it just isn't as much fun to play anymore.

Maybe I'll pick up a 360 or ps3 to play with the wii.

me and my bf hardly play with the wii anymore either

its probably because we sold 4 games back and only have 3 games left

so a few weeks ago my bf bought the 360.

he played with it for 2 days then he returned it.

now hes saving up for the ps3 lol

Guest Izam.

I mildly agree, but one thing that separates this system from them all is that it's a family friendly oriented system. Anyone who's never played games before and easily pick up a controller and play. For the first time since I was 4, my parents began to take an interest at Nintendo's latest. Needless to say I've gotten them involved in a few friendly matches of Wii Sports be it Boxing, Bowling or Golf. Heck just last week I encouraged my grandmother to join me in a match of Baseball.

By the way did anyone see this... :blink:

]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5585/mariosonicolympiclb2.jpg

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/marioandsonic/index.php

O_O

Well Nintendo is alway been kind of a family system....but now with the Wii, some of the games that you expect to have more than 2 players don't come that way. And it you have a small room where the TV is, it's hard to have so many people play in one area since you need room to move around in. -_-

Guest dudeman

^ Important games such as that one are reserved for important days...like holidays.

After all, once a game is released on the VC, it can't ever be released again, and it's not like Nintendo and the other companies have an abundant supply of what we consider "good games". Once it's released, that's it, and there won't be any point to releasing it again.

It was just dumb luck that Christmas fell on a Monday.

Guest Amicus

i bowled a perfect game over the weekend. i was possessed by consistency. i hadn't played in months too.

but had a bunch of friends up who have never tried the wii before. had a good old time bringing out wii sports and wariowares again. even brought out wii play for some pseudo duck hunt action. never thought we'd try that game again.

Guest CK92842

I bring you, the much anticipated Biohazard (Resident Evil) Umbrella Chronicles...

vlphp040761vg5.th.jpg vlphp040640ek6.th.jpg

Posted these as thumbnails so to view the full image you'll have to log in.

And an odd play but I'm not surprised at Capcom milking their cash cow...

Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

vlphp040773xs2.th.jpg vlphp040776uy5.th.jpg

Quote from IGN...

"...The Wiimote is used to aim a targeting cursor in order to target and fire at your enemies. To reload, you hold down on the B trigger and shake the Wiimote. In case you were wondering, the built-in speaker is being programmed with a reload sound effect.

The Wiimote is also used for close-range attacks. When an enemy approaches, all you have to do is give the Wiimote a little of the shake-shake. The game automatically detects the direction of the enemy and makes Leon perform a knife attack. This move can also be used against trees and barrels.

The rest of the game has also been modified to take account of the Wii's unique controller. Interactive event scenes display the Wii buttons when prompting for input. Some events require that you shake the Wiimote.

A trailer for the first original Wii entry in the Resident Evil series (RE:UC) will be included with RE4 Wii Edition. RE4 is set for Japanese Wii release on 5/31"

Guest Velocitii

NiGHTS 2 is confirmed for WII

anybody else excited about this besides me?

------------------------------

http://wii.ign.com/articles/777/777545p1.html

"April 2, 2007 - SEGA of America and Europe today jointly announced NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams for Nintendo's Wii console. The game is the official sequel to the cult hit SEGA Saturn game in which players explored dream worlds and controlled a jester with the ability to fly. Journey of Dreams seems to follow the same basic premise.

According to SEGA, the title enables gamers to control a jester named NiGHTS through Nightopia, "a rich and vibrant world where dreams come to life." Players will, of course, utilize the Wii remote for what SEGA calls a "heightened sense of gliding, spiraling and looping through seven mystical dream worlds." In addition to soaring through the stages, gamers will battle Nightmares from the the land of Nightmare.

In an official statement made to the Japanese press today, Nights: JoD producer and Sonic Team veteran Takashi Iizuka said, "In 1996, under the concept of 'a refreshing feeling of flight,' we created Nights, a character of the world of dreams who dances through the skies. Eleven years later, the long silence broken, Nights will soar through a new dream world. A new stage, a new story, and a new plaftorm, the Wii. Please look forward to the new adventure of Nights and friends."

"We plan to deliver a gameplay experience never before seen on the Wii with NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams," said Scott A. Steinberg, vice president of marketing, SEGA of America. "The game takes full advantage of the unique Wii Remote controller enabling gamers to guide NiGHTS through spectacularly designed dream worlds intertwined with a story about hope and courage."

According to unconfirmed rumors, NiGHTS began its life for 360 and PS3, but was later moved to Wii. The title is being developed by SEGA Studios USA and is set for a fall 2007 release.

Overseas magazines broke the story (and embargo) last week, showcasing first screenshots of NiGHTS for Wii. In addition, the game's director revealed that a two-player mode and some form of online compatibility were likely for the title.

IGN Wii will have much more on the game in the coming weeks. Stay tuned."

Guest aaandy

:o

ahhh man i loved nights for the sega saturn... seriously, it had to be one of the best games ever lol..

I wanna get a wii now :(... im holding out for a ps3 though.. ahh damn why dont they just make an all in one console lol

Archived