Dirty Sexy Money On Abc

tracycutie

dirtysexymoneyS1_banner.jpg

tmpphpm2kMD7.jpg

"Some people say money is the root of all evil. They may be right. Nick George's whole life has been lived in the shadow of the Darling family, but as an adult he's leading the perfect life as an idealistic lawyer, until his father's suspicious death. The absurdly wealthy Darlings of New York have asked him to take over his father's job as their personal lawyer, but the money that will allow him the freedom to be an altruistic do-gooder is only part of the picture. That same money pulls him into the dubious doings of the Darling clan. Power, privilege and family money are a volatile cocktail."

CAST

01.jpg

Nick George

Peter Krause

This pensive, civic-minded NYC lawyer grew up in a troubled household - his mother left when Nick was seven - and as a child he often came in second to his father's employer, the obscenely wealthy Darling family. Though he vowed never to follow in his father's footsteps, upon his father's sudden death, Nick finds himself agreeing to represent the Darlings as their chief council. He soon learns the job requires him to be an all-around problem fixer, hand-holder, therapist, public relations expert and personal assistant. Making matters worse, Nick discovers that his father and the Darling matriarch, Letitia, were having a decades-long affair, and that his father's death may have involved foul-play.

02.jpg

Tripp Darling

Donald Sutherland

He's the Darling family patriarch, a powerful, persuasive man who has vineyards and homes around the world, including the Upper East Side. He's spawned five grown, troubled children with his wife Letitia. While Tripp and his family embody the charm and all-Americanism of the Kennedys and the Rockefellers, they also embody the scandal. Rumor has it Tripp was nearly implicated in at least three murders. When Nick's father Dutch dies under mysterious circumstances, Tripp tries to hire Bill Clinton as the family's lawyer - but he eventually persuades Nick to take the job.

02-1.jpg

Patrick Darling

William Baldwin

Handsome and commanding, Patrick is a rising politician with the perfect wife and two polished kids. He intends to run for the Senate in 2008 - as long as Nick can quietly pay off the transsexual with whom Patrick's been having an affair.

01-1.jpg

Karen Darling

Natalie Zea

Elegant, sexy and stunning, she's the eldest daughter in the Darling family, a thrice-married socialite who runs the family foundation. She lost her virginity to Nick and isn't shy about sharing that fact with her current fiancé, Freddy. A self-described loser-in-love, she looks to Nick for help in her personal life, and it seems their unresolved feelings for each other may cause a wrinkle in Nick's marriage to Lisa.

01-2.jpg

Brian Darling

Glenn Fitzgerald

A reverend with the Episcopal church, Brian Darling is a pale, sour, whiny jerk who loathed Nick as a kid and still loathes him. Brian believes Nick's father spent his entire life trying to insinuate himself into a family to which he didn't belong, and he now fears that Nick will follow the same path. But Brian has family issues of his own. For starters, there's the illegitimate son with whom he's just been saddled. And the only person he can turn to for help is Nick.

01-3.jpg

Juliet Darling

Samaire Armstrong

A celebutante with a soul, she's a petulant, spoiled girl in her 20s who longs to be taken seriously as an actress. She is devastated to learn she only got the role in the play Wait Until Dark because her father, Tripp Darling, was bankrolling the production. Though she adores her family, she simply can't wait to be on her own so she can prove to the world she's more than just a Darling.

01-4.jpg

Jeremy Darling

Seth Gabel

The youngest Darling sibling along with his twin sister Juliet, Jeremy is a wastrel in his 20s. He is frequently seen in rumpled clothing, hung over, and pleading with Nick to get him out of a jam. For instance, during a poker game at Ethan Hawke's house, Jeremy wins a yacht filled with illegal immigrants and is later arrested for human trafficking. He's completely oblivious to the concept of relative suffering and unable to conceive of a life worse than his, despite his obscene wealth. He fears that he's his father's biggest disappointment.

01-5.jpg

Lisa George

Zoe McLellan

Nick's wife, and mother of their 7 year-old daughter, Kiki, Lisa works as a curator at a SoHo art gallery. She's not a fan of the Darling family, and when Nick takes the job she has reservations. As she gradually gets sucked into the world of money and excess, she starts to enjoy the fruits of her husband's labor. However, she also senses that Nick is drifting away from her, specifically in the direction of the alluring Karen Darling.

01-6.jpg

Simon Elder

Blair Underwood

Simon Elder, the longtime nemesis to Tripp Darling, is a fantastically wealthy, powerful and mysterious figure who could know more about or even be involved in the death of Nick's father.

01-7.jpg

Letitia Darling

Jill Clayburgh

Beautiful, graceful and posh (think Jackie Kennedy) she is the Darling family matriarch who is friends with the Vanderbilts and knows everyone in Manhattan. She is devastated by Dutch's death, more so than perhaps is warranted by an employer/employee relationship. According to Karen, Letitia and Dutch were involved in a forty-year affair.

Source

• 1 month later...
Guest sweet_hunny

I can't believe how underrated DSM is :o! It's a great show and yes the Darlings are twisted but they're pretty fun to watch! I still want to know

who's not Tripp's son???

No, cause of the CMA, I believe.

Anyways, I think Dirty Sexy Money is THE best new TV series this fall. From those that I've watched, this is the one with great cast, awesome writing, interesting characters, and solid story. Overall, the best. But apparently the rating isn't so good. Buh, I hope ABC is not canceling it. I'm hooked already.

people101copywd4.jpg

Why isn't anyone talking about this show?? God I love it! This is probably my pick for the best new show of the 2007-2008 season.

Seriously, I LOVE this show more with each new episode. Simon Elder.. I wish he didn't exist. He does make the story more interesting, but he's totally wrecking the Darling family dynamics. First he's taking Patrick and I'm pretty sure he'll be taking the rest of them away from Tripp, slowly, one by one. Totally love Brian and Brian Jr. Hate Jr.'s mom for taking his son away from him. I hope he gets Brian Jr. back and his wife and twin girls back too. One of them, or maybe two?, isn't a Darling and I'm betting my money on Brian being Nick's brother. Oh God, the horror if it turns out Karen is Nick's sister!! I know on paper and on screen Karen is a spoiled brat who doesn't deserve another chance with Nick, but I still like the Karen-Nick pairing. Plus Lisa is hella annoying! and the actress playing Lisa just doesn't have any chemistry with Peter Krause. And the twins.. who doesn't love them?! I love Jeremey, but I think I love Juliet even more. I love the fact that she's still a virgin! I heard the actress playing Juliet, Samaire Armstrong, will be missing a couple eps for going to rehab.. not drug/alcohol rehab, but something else.. hope she recovers soon!

Anyways, read some spoilers.. apparently Karen

and Simon Elder get together??

ewwwww. And Patrick

gets shot but recovers

. Can't wait to see all this play out!

Here's another picture to pretty up the thread

110525d128fulcopyzi0.jpg

Why isn't anyone talking about this show?? God I love it! This is probably my pick for the best new show of the 2007-2008 season.

Amen, sister.

Gotta disagree with you on Simon Elder tho. I think his existence in DSM is very important. I was basically jumping up and down my seat as the intensity of Simon vs Tripp escalated. I CANNOT wait to see the show down in the next episode. Hopefully we would get more and more information as to his motives of destroying Tripp. I do think that while he's not exactly a saint, he's also not out to get Tripp just for the heck of it.

BTW, isn't Tripp hilarious when he's drunk? :lol:

As well, I'm definitely on Team Lisa now. I was a little bit on the fence at first, but now I'm totally a Nick/Lisa. It's just that they actually look..real. They talk about a whole bunch of stuff. I used to think that their alone scenes were kinda useless, just some sort of assurance for the viewers that Lisa and Nick have a good relationship. But overtime, I really enjoy these scenes. Plus I think Karen (who is seriously funny and whom I actually love) is just a selfish brat who in her words 'would wonder what could have been' forever. But IMO, that's extent of Nick to her. She doesn't think about his family at all. But anyways, either way, I think something is bound to happen between Nick and Karen, as much I hate it. Nick definitely looked perturbed when Karen kissed him.

Brian is LOVE in the last episode. OMG, I was just awwing at his scenes and Brian Jr.

Gotta disagree with you on Simon Elder tho. I think his existence in DSM is very important. I was basically jumping up and down my seat as the intensity of Simon vs Tripp escalated. I CANNOT wait to see the show down in the next episode. Hopefully we would get more and more information as to his motives of destroying Tripp. I do think that while he's not exactly a saint, he's also not out to get Tripp just for the heck of it.

I did say he does make the story more interesting. I just hate the fact he's tearing up the Darling family, turning Tripp's children away from him.

BTW, isn't Tripp hilarious when he's drunk? :lol:

Yes! and Donald Sutherland definitely deserves an Emmy nomination, if not the Emmy.

As well, I'm definitely on Team Lisa now. I was a little bit on the fence at first, but now I'm totally a Nick/Lisa. It's just that they actually look..real. They talk about a whole bunch of stuff. I used to think that their alone scenes were kinda useless, just some sort of assurance for the viewers that Lisa and Nick have a good relationship. But overtime, I really enjoy these scenes. Plus I think Karen (who is seriously funny and whom I actually love) is just a selfish brat who in her words 'would wonder what could have been' forever. But IMO, that's extent of Nick to her. She doesn't think about his family at all. But anyways, either way, I think something is bound to happen between Nick and Karen, as much I hate it. Nick definitely looked perturbed when Karen kissed him.

Sorry, but Lisa is annoying to me. Everything out of her mouth is whine, complain, moan about Karen. As much as I want Nick to be the honorable, family man, Lisa makes me want to give Nick one free pass.

As far as ratings go, I think the show is doing pretty decent. Not fantastic, but nothing horrible either.. but with this writers strike it's hard to determine whether the show will get picked up for a full season or not. :(

Based on the wedding episode, I'd have to say I'm rooting for Karen. There's just something about her and her affection for Nick that is so endearing. And when she tried to kiss him again, he almost wanted to but held back. I mean in real life of course I wouldn't want a marriage ruined but this is TV, so I am a Nick/Karen shipper.

Based on the wedding episode, I'd have to say I'm rooting for Karen. There's just something about her and her affection for Nick that is so endearing. And when she tried to kiss him again, he almost wanted to but held back. I mean in real life of course I wouldn't want a marriage ruined but this is TV, so I am a Nick/Karen shipper.

She seems so attached to NIck. BUt somehow I think it's an illusion of hers, to want something that she will never get.

I wonder if they will show why she and Nick broke off in the first place.

• 2 months later...
Guest ilikepho

Dirty sexy money, dirty sexy money, dirty sexy money, airs February on 7 (aus)

That is getting to me.... ya!

Going to watch this

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest losborrachos

sooo upon a suggestion of a friend i started watching this and... wow hard to believe there are so few responses to this thread! i immediately got HOOKED! and chula got it right: this is everything gossip girl needed to be before josh schwartz ran it to the ground. ugghhh i'm so glad it's august now cos that means i only have two months of waiting before the new season (and it airs right right after pushing daisies which is perfect).

brian's probably my favorite darling and overall character because he's so interesting and i love his sarcasm. one minute you hate him and the next you sympathize with him and then you just love him. yeah i'm interested in karen/nick, as well as the unexpected jeremy/lisa possible hookup, but i'm ok with the show just letting them steam for a little bit and not have anything serious (full-on affair, divorce, etc.) happen just yet. i feel that the jeremy-juliet near-twincestuous relationship has been kind of neglected, i loved seeing them so close to each other.

so yeah, excited for october 1st: the return of the two awesomest shows on television.

^ which 2 shows are u referring to? :sweatingbullets: DSM and?

brian is darn entertaining!!!!!

this show got cut off so abruptly. week after week my friends keep asking me if it's coming back. for a moment, i seriously thought the show got canned :blink:

Archived