Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest NEO_s2K

i enjoyed playing every FF game. they're all great, but my favorites would have to be 6 and 7.

6 because of the individual character story lines and 7...is just a classic. one of the best RPG's ever, in my opinion.

currently playing 12 and it's also pretty good. love the changes they made to the game especially when battling.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Not to bash upon FF7 or Sephiroth, but I honestly don't understand why he's always near the top, I mean yes FF7 is essentially the flagship title that launched the Final Fantasy franchise into mainstream appeal but honestly, I feel like there are other villlians who are more memorable than Sephiroth himself... not too many grant you, Kuja from IX was very one-dimensional, Kefka was one-dimensional to an extreme.

I would have to say that Sin from FF X probably had a stronger emotional impact with me overall, but Sephiroth did get the job done as being an endboss.

Speaking for myself

I think Sepirtoth is the best FF villian

and one of the best villians ever.

I think what made him memorable was his whole attitude

he was cold and he was really mental with out being "Raaawwwrrrr I'm the bad guy"

If u ask me I felt like they tried to hard to make the villians after him be as memorable as him. They kinda bored me, one of the reasons why I barely like most of the other FF games and want nothing to do with them. I feel like Sepiroth was right on point.

IMO I think he is the best FF villian.

Sepiroth is the man

• 2 weeks later...
Guest freyr

Not to tread upon your opinions, but I honestly felt that Tidus was one of the better main characters that they'd developed but I mainly attribute it to the voice acting within the game. Honestly with voice acting, the overall experience of the game was taken to a whole new level than with just text based speech. Yeah, some of the characters VA were kinda iffy but I think they did a good job overall with it. I also thought FFX had the best ending yet, if they left it at that, then I would have to say it was the best overall, but they had to bring in X-2 and make a bittersweet ending into something more of a fairy tale ending.

They did do a good job. It was a big step from FF IX. I just hated the story. Not everything about the story but the concept of Sin coming back just because some mistakes that were made in the past like 1000 years ago. The ending was good. It's not my favorite. I like FF VIII's ending better but its really long.

Guest ~fantasygurl~

i though they could have done better for ff12, if we didn't have to waste our time leveling up 24/7!

i say that ashe is my best one anyways she always have the most updated stuffs

Guest rache114

i don't know if i'm the only one, but i'm very unsatisfied with final fantasy 12. It didn't seem as long as the other games (mainly because I used an online walkthrough). But the story line wasn't that great, and it didn't really have a love story like all the other final fantasies. It just seemed like they didn't spend as much time on it as they did on FF X.

Guest Tonyc402

I really liked FFX. The story was great . It was the most memorable for me in the series . I especially found the ending really touching.

I rank FFX then FF8 then FF7 then FF9

i don't know if i'm the only one, but i'm very unsatisfied with final fantasy 12. It didn't seem as long as the other games (mainly because I used an online walkthrough). But the story line wasn't that great, and it didn't really have a love story like all the other final fantasies. It just seemed like they didn't spend as much time on it as they did on FF X.

dude, i totally agree...i thought ff12 was waaayyyy too short...i felt like it had no story plot whatsoever! i didn't like any of the characters...blah...over it was a bad one for me.

i loved ff10 and ff7....great plot and great characters...

Guest ~fantasygurl~

i just need like a few more hours to go and beat ff12 and i thought it was short too and it was only lonnnnnng cause of the leveling the characters up!!

Guest J-BYUL.

i thought FFIX was really good in my opinion lol. it was diff. and i liked it. i also own FFX-2 & i never finished it o___o it's pretty fun but kinda cheesy.

oh oh and i have FFXII but i never played it haha.

Guest onesh0t

rumor alert: "possible remake of FFVII."

click here

...but personally i want a xenogears remake. =D

ghad i love xenogears. The story is by far more complex and in depth than any of the FF games i've played. Not saying i dont enjoy the FF games, which i did GREATLY, but xenogears has/had more potential...if only square didn't screw them over. =(

Nomura does then mention that, while they're not officially working on it, "As long as there are people who want to make it and people who are waiting for it, we don't want to proclaim 'the end."

I hope that Square will make a huge final fantasy compilation of all the games and slap it on a bluray disk. That would be just awesome. I mean every single one too up until the PS3. Throw in Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, etc..

It's just wishful thinking. :P

Of course this won't happen until they milk every penny dry out of the titles but still..

rumor alert: "possible remake of FFVII."

I don't even get why people want a remake of the game :angry:

It was outstanding for a reason

leave it alone and let it be.

I love the game and I think it's the best in the series (not just because advent children)

but goodness, people are really OD on this man.

Leave the game as it is.

If they remake it it will not have the same feeling

I don't even get why people want a remake of the game :angry:

It was outstanding for a reason

leave it alone and let it be.

I love the game and I think it's the best in the series (not just because advent children)

but goodness, people are really OD on this man.

Leave the game as it is.

If they remake it it will not have the same feeling

Honestly, if another Final Fantasy game is going to get a full-blown remake on the PS3, it should be one of the 2D games except III and IV since they have DS remakes. Aren't FFVII fans happy with all the FFVII related games that are out?

^ It would be badass if they remade Final Fantasy 3 (jp-6) for the PS3...

Here's a full list of games currently set for display at the Square Enix booth. Bear in mind that this is only the current list of titles; Square Enix usually has a few surprises that are unveiled at the show.

Playable

Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon (Wii)

Final Fantasy IV (DS)

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (DS)

Crisis Core FFVII (PSP)

Final Fantasy CC: Ring of Fates (DS)

DS Style (DS)

Dragon Quest Mobile (mobile)

Ganmoba Comics (mobile)

Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode (mobile)

Before Crisis Final Fantasy VII (mobile)

Monotone (mobile)

Tobal M (mobile)

Makai Toushi Saga (mobile)

Chocobo de Mobile (mobile)

Video Only

Final Fantasy XI Wings of the Goddess (multi)

Last Remnant (PS3, X360)

Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, cell)

Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP)

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete (Blu-ray)

Kids Corner

Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road (arcade)

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (DS)

Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 2 (DS)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/817/817463p1.html

Final Fantasy VII Remake Chatter

Plus, the origins of Crisis Core.

by IGN Staff

September 5, 2007 - The latest chapter in the Final Fantasy VII saga is almost at hand over in Japan. Just in time's for Crisis Core's 9/13 release, the editors of Famitsu managed to gather executive producer Yoshinori Kitase, producer Hideki Imaizumi, director Hajime Tabata, and character designer Tetsuya Nomura for an interview touching upon all areas of Crisis Core's development, and possible future developments from the staff members.

On the topic of Crisis Core, Tabata disclosed just how huge the game is, noting that it almost fills up a full UMD-ROM. He feels that the game is well balanced so that players of all levels will be able to clear it. However, advanced players can look forward to over 300 missions outside of the main storyline. These are tough, but players can get a bit of extra help on their second time through, as the game lets you start a new game with your past character data.

A bit of trivia for those interested in how Crisis Core came about. Tabata disclosed that the project originally began with the idea of making a port of Before Crisis, the mobile entry in the Compilation series. Before Crisis (as well as Final Fantasy Agito XIII) are Tabata's projects, so Kitase approached him with the idea. Brought into the discussion, Nomura suggested instead that they make something with more meaning to the Compilation, and so was born the idea of making a game about a soldier who'd previously not been addressed in the Compilation, Zack. This entire decision process took just two days, Kitase joked.

Outside of Crisis Core, Famitsu editors asked about new developments in the Compilation series, noting that players are hoping for a FFVII remake. Yes, questions about a remake of FFVII are required whenever interviewing Nomura and Kitase.

Tabata avoided the remake issue entirely, instead pointing out that Square Enix will be distributing a new episode of Before Crisis for mobile players simultaneously with the Crisis Core release. This episode features Reno as the main character.

A remake of FFVII is a question of timing, Imaizumi said, noting that Kitase, Nomura and Tabata are all busy with the Final Fantasy XIII series. He added that a new game of some form will be announced at the Tokyo Game Show. We're not sure if he's referring to a new game in the FFXIII series or a general new title from Kitase, Nomura and Tabata. Either way, we're already excited.

This new title appears to be separate from the new Kingdom Hearts project that Tetsuya Nomura has previously confirmed for a TGS unveiling. Asked about the announcement, Nomura simply asked readers to look forward to it.

Imaizumi closed off by confirming once again that there are currently no plans for a FFVII remake. However, he noted that this could change rather quick, alluding to Kitase's comment about how the decision to make Crisis Core took only two days.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/817/817896p1.html

Archived