Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest corry29

Tomb of Raithwall isn't difficult at all. Just go in, get the Dawn Shard, and leave. Then you're free to do whatever you want, and it also opens a toooon of new lands (ie. North of the Nebra River in the Estersands, Mosphoran Highwaste, Zertinan Caverns, and new monsters in the Giza Plains (cause it's the Rainy season now)). After you beat, the Tomb, you'll have all these new places that are wonderful for leveling up. It's kind of sad, but I just obtained the Dawn Shard and my party is all at level 40 =P. I think I overdid the leveling, but I just HAVE to complete every clan hunt that I can before I move on.

... I think I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. :P

did you make sure the Gambits for Ashe were turned "ON?" If that doesn't work, you can always just manually tell her to attack.

...or maybe she's immobilized? -shrug-

good luck.

all her gambits are on, i don't know what does immobillized mean? she has some sort of icon above her head though, lol what does that mean?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest iEatPowder

all her gambits are on, i don't know what does immobillized mean? she has some sort of icon above her head though, lol what does that mean?

hmm... that might be a negative status effect. Look at your game manual and read up on the status effects.

(ie. Poison, sleep, immobilize, slow, confused, berserk, etc.)

Edit: w00t, i was just leveling after you get the dawn shard, and a dive talon dropped a burning bow O_O!

Guest EYJAYJAY

omg, does anyone know y my ashe does not attack when i just get her? im currently fighting geez and i can't beat him, and ashe does nothing but stand there? what on earth??? i set her gambits to attack leader's target, and i switched it to attack nearest visible and etc. what the? anyone?

u sure her gambit isnt off? and maybe she got disabled

Guest Take Five

so is it necessary to level every character or can you just stick with 3 the whole way? cuz in other FFs, there's always a chance you had to use every character for the final battle and i'm wondering if this is the case here...

Guest Take Five

oh. another question...i don't need to keep most of the loot i get from monsters right? i should just sell it?

yeah i really haven't been playing this =X

Guest iEatPowder

oh. another question...i don't need to keep most of the loot i get from monsters right? i should just sell it?

yeah i really haven't been playing this =X

sell the common loot, keep the rare ones you get from Mark Hunts and quests. Chances are, you'll need the rare ones for sidequests (ie. Barheim Key,etc.) and possibly better items. The max # for every loot or item you can have is 99 so if you're nearing that just sell them.

How often will you achieve a combo with those two equipped?

I'd say for me every hit is guaranteed atleast 3 hit combo's.

I've hit 10+ though.

Guest philmein

I'd say for me every hit is guaranteed atleast 3 hit combo's.

I've hit 10+ though.

Omg, an every-hit-combo would be so fantastic.

10 hits? Wtf, I've never gone higher than four. Wow.

^

katana + hi celerity boost (like cat ear hood) = supa combo :]

sale every loot u have except black orbs and teleport stones (and gyshal green if u want to ride chocobos), it will provide new sales in the bazaar

Guest Joanne <3

FF7 is my one and truly love. Haven't tried any other ones. I saw FF10... wasn't really interested. I wish Aerith didn't die in FF7 though, I cried so much! T_T

Guest iEatPowder

sale every loot u have except black orbs and teleport stones (and gyshal green if u want to ride chocobos), it will provide new sales in the bazaar

Not necessarily. If you don't want to do sidequests, then go ahead and sell all the loot you obtain. But certain (and dare I say significant) sidequests require you to give NPC's (non-playable characters) some of your rare you loot you may obtain on hunts and previous sidequests (ie. Semclam Shells, Nebralim Phials, Valeblossom Dew, & Great Serpentskin, which are all loot obtained in a series of sidequests which lead to your party obtaining the Barheim Key.) So I agree, not to sell your teleport stones, gysahl greens, etc. for obvious reasons, but i'd have to say keep your rare loot that you obtain in missions, boss fights, and hunts. But it's okay to sell more common loot that is obtained through killing monsters that can be found around the world through normal circumstances.

What I do is I keep whatever loot I have until I obtain ten of it. If it goes above ten, I start selling them, but I always keep at least 5 of every loot I obtain just incase I need it later, and to know what I've obtained in the past. (It may also help to alphabetize your inventory - just a suggestion).

Edit:: I know this is kind of old news, but that Deathbringer obtaining-technique really works! I'm impressed. I got my first one in two minutes :lol: <3

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...;topic=31530875

I got my second one in less than 15 seconds =P. It actually takes more time to run around and save etc. It helps if you have thief cuffs I guess (they can be bought from a merchant in the Mosphoran Highwaste town). The guide to getting Deathbringers in the link above says there are sometimes 2 chests behind the rock "though he's only ever seen one." There are in fact two sometimes. Just open both and one should be the mimic. (Mimic chests look slightly different in color from treasure chests.) The name of the mimic you should be stealing from is called "Ithuno."

Guest philmein

Yeah, the Deathbringer really makes everything ALOT easier. Especially for me from lvl 26 all the way to lvl 56. That's when I obtained Excalibur and Murasame.

Seriously, before I got the Deathbringer, I died plenty of times. With the Deathbringer, I died not once at all although the gameplay, at times, was still challenging.

i think i am the only person who doesn't really like this game lol..i just find the story really boring >__>. sometimes they have these long-richard simmons maps, killing the same few monsters over and over..ZzZ. i'm up to Pharos second descent, man it's so freaking long and boring, but i wanna beat the game really badly to see the ending. ff7,8,9,10>12.

Archived