Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest philmein

Oh yeah! I've managed to steal 2 Deathbringers at lvl 26. Damn, that was seriously tough. I think I'll steal more when I obtain Larsa; he'llbe handy then.

edit..haha

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ninjastar

^ Larsa's a guy =D

I'm currently at the last save before the final fight, but just bought me a strategy guide and didn't know there were so many side quests. I'm trying to focus right now in getting the max weapons, but it's taking awhile getting the correct loot from an enemy. I only managed to get one charged gizzard from the thunderbug in the Henne Mines after a 24 battle chain...

Guest Chisame

I'm at the same place as you, Ninja. I just spent an hour or so leveling my low-leveled characters just in case Ashe, Basch, and Vaan need backup against the Big Bad(dies). xD

Guest csnrain

I got FF12 about two weeks ago and so far, I've played 22 hours, I just got the second esper (her name escapes me right now)

I was actually just waiting to be disappointed with 12 but it's actually quite good, in fact, it's addicting. And somewhat harder than other FF's I've played.

I've gotten game over probably a total of about 5 times in the past 5 FF's games I've played and I've already surpassed that in this one game.

And, question...Does anyone know how to kill those elementals? Physical attacks won't work and magic doesn't seem to work either. I know that they won't attack if you don't do any magic spells near them but they're still quite annoying, especially when they sneak up on you and cast silence on all your characters while surrounded by twenty enemies ;)

Guest iEatPowder

And, question...Does anyone know how to kill those elementals? Physical attacks won't work and magic doesn't seem to work either. I know that they won't attack if you don't do any magic spells near them but they're still quite annoying, especially when they sneak up on you and cast silence on all your characters while surrounded by twenty enemies ;)

I got lucky and found the icebrand before raithwall's tomb early in the game, so when I had to go to the giza plains (during the rains), I could take out the electricity elementals, since they're weak against ice. Physical attacks work, as long as you have a weapon that deals elemental damage as well. But the elemental attack must be what the elemental is weak against (so use libra to find out). The only downside was, I had two other characters hitting for less than 100 hp every time, and Vaan was the only one doing significant damage, so I just made the other two keep casting Vox and Cura. The elementals are nice kills though. 1850 exp (if you have 3 people on the field)/4 LP for every one you kill! <3

Hope this helps.

(I'm guessing later in the game, when my magicks are stronger, they will affect the elementals more? -shrug-)

Guest ryisakooguy

err i hate them elements. one of tha hardest enemies out there.

i took out a few of the really big ones but they take a while to kill. first off dont have any elemental weapons, unless its an element they are weak against. usually they are immune to other elemental attacks and ive witness that...also make sure you have plenty of echo screens or even that acc. where you are immune to silence cause the first thing they cast is silence to your whole team. no mp=no heal magick. it takes a while to kill one as well but its worth the fight. i think i got about 4000+ exp plus 4 lp...? i danno...i switched out my acc into the double exp earned and got about 8000+ exp for just killing one. good stuff...bur hard.

Guest Chisame

I really dislike holy elemental. I guess I am supposed to use Flare against it + other dark element weapons? Well, whatever. xD

I beat the game earlier today (good ending btb, wish it was longer!) because I was desperate to know the ending (or rather watch it, as I already knew most of what would happen), but I'll probably go back and do mob hunts and sidequests at my own pace.

i never used magic on elementals.. was too lazy :P man i wish you could make preset gambits.

just equip your healer with the accessory that makes you immune to silence and let your other two members pound away.

btw genji glove+masamune = pwnage :P

Guest revontulet

So far I've only died once against the mark in the Lhusu mines ^^; (haha it sucked.) The game's pretty easy so far D: but I just got to Raithwall's Tomb cuz I haven't played the game in a week. just a question, is the demonwall easy?

Guest philmein

So far I've only died once against the mark in the Lhusu mines ^^; (haha it sucked.) The game's pretty easy so far D: but I just got to Raithwall's Tomb cuz I haven't played the game in a week. just a question, is the demonwall easy?

The second demonwall is easy but the first one is hard..

The only way to beat it (assuming you're at 22-25) is through a chain of quickenings.

Guest iEatPowder

Yeah, the first demon wall sucks cause the path isn't as long as the 2nd one, but it's totally worth it. You get a reward from a third party through Montblanc for killing the Demon Walls.

Anyway, I was wandering through the Zertinan Caverns and I ended up off the map O_o? And then I randomly ran into an Esper O_O! wtfmate?

Guest ryisakooguy

haha a random esper. thats funny. i hope you destroyed that esper...cause i would hate walkin into a room not knowing where im at and all of sudden a esper shows up and complete kills my party. that would suckk...

neways i wish i can freakin play. skool n work...blahh! plus finals comin up pretty soon...gawd daymnit. i mite put ff12 on the side soo i can focus on studyin for my finals. daymnit why did i have to talk korean class? ughh...

Guest corry29

omg, does anyone know y my ashe does not attack when i just get her? im currently fighting geez and i can't beat him, and ashe does nothing but stand there? what on earth??? i set her gambits to attack leader's target, and i switched it to attack nearest visible and etc. what the? anyone?

Guest iEatPowder

does anyone know a good place to lvl up before the tomb of raithwall except the Lhusu mines?

Tomb of Raithwall isn't difficult at all. Just go in, get the Dawn Shard, and leave. Then you're free to do whatever you want, and it also opens a toooon of new lands (ie. North of the Nebra River in the Estersands, Mosphoran Highwaste, Zertinan Caverns, and new monsters in the Giza Plains (cause it's the Rainy season now)). After you beat, the Tomb, you'll have all these new places that are wonderful for leveling up. It's kind of sad, but I just obtained the Dawn Shard and my party is all at level 40 =P. I think I overdid the leveling, but I just HAVE to complete every clan hunt that I can before I move on.

... I think I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. :P

omg, does anyone know y my ashe does not attack when i just get her? im currently fighting geez and i can't beat him, and ashe does nothing but stand there? what on earth??? i set her gambits to attack leader's target, and i switched it to attack nearest visible and etc. what the? anyone?

did you make sure the Gambits for Ashe were turned "ON?" If that doesn't work, you can always just manually tell her to attack.

...or maybe she's immobilized? -shrug-

good luck.

Guest ninjastar

Hmm I would give it a 9/10 because for me the story didn't quite interest me as FFVII or FFX, but the battle system, licenses, and gambits makes up for it. If Square were to do a remake for FFVII, the FFXII battle system will be the way to go.

Archived