Guest pandoras0nymph

catwalk queen,cosmetics mogul.. mrs.david bowie
1-1.jpg

Iman Profile

* Birth Date: July 25, 1955

* Birth Place: Mogadishu, Somalia

* Birth Name: Iman Abdulmajid

* Height: 5'9"

*Iman Abdulmajid was born in Mogadishu, Somalia on July 25, 1955. Being the daughter of a diplomat, Iman was raised in a comparatively privileged home, where she was quickly taught the basics of global politics.

*Fluent in five languages - Arabic, English, French, Italian, and Somali - she studied political science and was recruited as a model by American photographer Peter Beard.

*In 1979, Iman made history as the first African (or African-American) woman to appear on the cover of Vogue. Soon afterwards she made more history when she became the first woman of color to sign a cosmetics contract. She became as big a star as a model could become in that era, and quickly turned her attention to film.

*wife of David Bowie

*Iman has become a citizen of the United States and is currently CEO of Iman Cosmetics, Skincare and Fragrances, a line she launched to market a selection of products for women of color.

*Far from keeping her success and her talents exclusively to herself, Iman has worked hard to make sure that she can use her celebrity to help the underprivileged. As an active member of Mother's Voices, Action Against Hunger, The Children's Defense Fund, and the All Children Foundation, Iman has entrenched herself as one of the most socially conscious women in the celebrity world.

Iman is certainly one of the most beautiful women on Earth, but by conquering such diverse challenges as modeling, acting, raising a family, and fighting for a better world, she has made herself one of the most respected too.

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

iman and david bowie

5.jpg

Iman-CWP-001010.jpg

davidbowie_iman.jpg

the glam couple

i just love her.. still stunning at 52.. and she's a great host... lover proj. runway canada!

seriously, her accent if quite weird at first but now i love it... "HELLO DESIGNERS..."gotta love that deep voice :sweatingbullets:

even though she's 52 and looked serious she cracks jokes on project runway canada.. haha i love her skin... so glam!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_v_Zyi-Fs

its so cute here on the end of the clip she said, "YES,MY MAN!"haha she's really cute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAX7eVsmIJ8

this clip is cool.. iman was asked if she tried sky diving and bungee jumping.. i though at her age she hasnt done that but she did! bungee jumping=5 times! cool! and i havent done those stuff!

besides being a model and all, she's the coolest because 1. she's fluent in 5 languages ...2. she's truly a good person ..& 3. David Bowie!!

Guest sweet_hunny

Iman is the BOMB! She and and David Bowie are THE most glamorous couple in showbiz. She's very straight forward when you watch Project Runway Canada but I loved the fact that she chose a great dress in the upcoming season's finale!

Guest Atmosphere.

I think she looks gorgeous in the black and white version.

Anyways omg... are you freaking serious.

I thought it was a joke when you said 1955.

Wow.. scary. I guess it's the hair and the miraculously of the make up.

And uhh the guy on the black and white. One of his eyes are like white and other is black o_O?

Guest SukarDrops

so seriously everybodys suprised shes 52?? wow I aways knew the was older...did she get a boob job?? anyways shes a pretty cool model PLUS being the first black chick on Vogue..I think my sister has her makeup book llying around here somewhere..

Guest pandoras0nymph

Iman is the BOMB! She and and David Bowie are THE most glamorous couple in showbiz. She's very straight forward when you watch Project Runway Canada but I loved the fact that she chose a great dress in the upcoming season's finale!

oh i agree! i also loved biddel's but its a bit risky and i think if someone would wear that it would be victoria beckham.. i loved her on proj.runway... she might a bit mean but she doesnt sugarcoat things. she tells it as it is.. love her! and she's smart, and a good person... she helps her fellow africans with her campaigns for keep a child alive

Guest pandoras0nymph

aww i love her. I really respect her, and she's drop dead gorgeous.

she's one of those women who ages beautifully. :D

yep i agree.. she's smart and pretty and has a good heart. i know she may had surgical enhancements but you know who doesnt right? she's rich but what i liked about her is she's soo elegant and she uses her fame and riches to help other people.

Archived