What lesson(s) can people learn from your life?

imtoghai

• Always believe in yourself, have confidence. There will be times when you will doubt yourself, but learn to not let it get to you.
  • Develop independence.
  • Learn to appreciate solitude.
  • Don't rely too heavily on others.
  • Open your heart to few, and don't pour your heart only to one. Distribute your frustrations amongst the few trusted ones.
  • Everything in moderation.
  • Appreciate beauty
  • Do what makes you happy
  • Don't let love or heartbreak kill you. Stand up and stay strong
  • Failure isn't the end of the world.
  • Smile more. It makes you happier, even if you're smiling for no apparent reason
  • Keep a diary, or just write whenever you can. Getting thoughts on paper is soothing to the mind.
  • Read more. Regardless of what it is, because books are the windows to boundless knowledge.
  • Flirt whenever appropriate
  • Family are wonderful. Express love to them and take care of them, even if it's subtle.
  • Listen to music.
  • Travel. It's an experience you wil never forget and will continue to long for regardless of age.
  • Get a dog. For anyone who feels lonely, sad, empty; get a dog. Getting a dog changed my life. My first dog helped me so much when I was at a difficult point in my life, brought so much livelihood. Taking care of a dog will teach you lessons on unconditional love, because a dog will learn to stay loyal to you if you treat it well. You will take care of your dog, even though all they can promise you is company and loyalty. They can never coax you with those sweet words you want to hear, or provide you will financial security, take you on dates or pamper you, but they will be there for you. A dog's love is uncomplicated, and unfazed by societal pressures, by overanalyzing or financial matters. Your dog will be there for you when friends abandon you, or when a s/o leaves you. A dog will risk their own life to protect you, so love them with your heart.

Sorry that my list is so uncomprehensive and 'philosophical', but more scattered.

Some lessons people can learn from my life ...

*  Women standing in stilleto heels milling about on a sidewalk are usually up to no good.

*  Check if a fence is an electrical fence before urinating on it.

*  Sleep often enough during church services and you will look exactly how people remember you in your casket at your funeral.

*  Workout videos starring attractive females are a scam.  The only thing you'll develop is a strong right forearm.

*  Any innuendo contest can be easily won.  It just takes beating off really stiff competition.

*  Wisdom isn't always as good as it sounds.  Just means that you did a bunch of stupid stuff first.

*  The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.  Sometimes it's sold in little plastic bags.

*  Regardless of what the lap dancer says, you can't put a price on love.

*  You can't claim your cat as a dependent on you federal income tax if it's over 18 years old.  (I don't know if this is an actual tax rule or if it just took the IRS that long to figure it out.)

*  Sure, life has dealt me lemons - so it's a testament that I haven't drowned in lemonade by now.

*  It's socially acceptable to god bless people when they sneeze, but heaven help you the one time you god damn a person for burping.

*  Love to me is just a tennis term.  Which is appropriate, because I can't score with the girls anyway.

- Never be afraid to ask. Like that one quote: "If you don't ask, it's always a no."

- Keep your chin up, realize that you are the only one that matters to yourself.

- Music is extremely important

- Trust your gut feeling. If you feel like something isn't right, don't go through with it.

- Don't lead people on. You might be super flattered but it's best to make it clear that you have no intention and will never have the intention of dating that person.

Guest knockblock

Find an inspiration in your life. Because when you have something that is an inspiration in your life, it can go a long ways for you to carry on in your life. If you can be an inspiration to others as well, that'll be even bigger. This along with motivation. Motivation that will get you to do the best in your life. Know what makes you who you are. If you want to be one that is special to many people, you'll have to know how to be amazing to them. A big component that helps in life to give you strength are people and place that mean something to you.

Being a great person who others acknowledge is one thing. It helps if you recognize great things about others too.

Guest The_Username

If you put a monkey in front of a keyboard, eventually it'll write Shakespeare.

That's what I think of when I do creative endeavours. It's 99% doing hard work without knowing what you are doing, but something will come out and you won't know how you did it.

Guest followyourdreams.

* You do learn from your mistakes.

* Dreams do come true.

* Reach for the moon, even if you miss, you will land among the stars.

* Never give up.

* You cannot love another until you love yourself. I learned this the hard way but it totally rings true.

* That you are never truly alone. Keep your family close and remember they are always there for you.

* It's OK to open up to people and trust them.

Guest itrayya

• KNOW YOUR SELF WORTH & VALUE.

• BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF.

• NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS.

• RESPECT YOUR MA AND PA.

• BE FRIENDLY AND BUILD POSITIVE CONNECTIONS.

• FIGHT TO LIVE THE LIFE THAT YOU WANT (AS LONG AS IT IS A POSITIVE LIFE).

• STAY & BE HEALTHY, IT REALLY MATTERS IN THE LONG RUN!

Guest Naked-Fanatic

Some of the ones mentioned above people can learn from me. For example, I respected my parents and grandparents and stayed close with them. I have a healthy life. On the other hand, there are a lot of other things mentioned that people can see what would happen if those aren't followed by looking at me.

"Look at meeee! I'm what could happen to you if you don't follow their advices!"

• 1 month later...

Archived