Huge Jombly kpop radio update - now with music videos, improved song finding, manual song selection

Hey guys!
Some of you might remember me from 6 months ago or so, I made the Jombly radio app! Jombly was the result of my frustration trying to find a simple radio application for my various devices that had brand new, just released kpop songs. It'sfree, has no ads, unlimited skips, works on any device with a browser, and updates its song list daily from official Korean top song lists.

Jombly started as a tiny personal project, but has grown to about 25,000 daily unique visitors, many of whom have given me some great feedback since the first version. As a result, the following major changes have been made:

1. The entire service is now video based. This was by far the most requested change.
  2. Improved error finding - there should be far fewer instances of song covers, live versions, etc.
  3. If the vast majority of users thumbs-down a song, it gets reviewed by the service to double check for problems (e.g. a badly recorded cover, mislabeled, etc.). If something isn't right, thumbs-down it and it'll get fixed!
  4. Now gathers song data from Korean-language sources (e.g. mnetgaon, etc.) using translation tools. Song lists should be as current as possible!
  5. Vastly lower bandwidth usage for mobile users.
    A note on ads: If you're seeing banner ads, it's because they were embedded into the video. I can stop all of the full-screen ads, but unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about the small banners at the bottom of the screen. Adblock should stop them, though! I don't make any money from this, it's purely a labor of love, so don't hesitate to block them.
    As always, the best way to support the project is to tell your friends about it! Questions, comments, suggestions, bugs, etc. are much appreciated.

Check us out at: http://www.jombly.com/

Happy listening!

Archived