Hair turns too orange after dyeing brown

Guest gds_butterfly

Guest gds_butterfly

Hello soompi.can anyone help me achieve this type of hair color?yoona-oh-im-yoona-17193160-914-1280.jpg
23_115763.jpg20100831_minkyung.jpg
What I want to achieve is a dark brown.  I have died my virgin black hair with prettia before, so right now it is already brown.  However, the brown color is too orange / brassy.  Please help :/  
I would prefer dyeing my hair at home, and would like to use prettia as opposed to palty, or any drug store brand.

You can tone down the brassiness by using a toning shampoo. It's a purple shampoo that helps take out the orange color from your hair if you've lightened it.
I know John Frieda has a popular one, but just google toning/purple shampoo and you'll find lots of options. 

Guest blush

You should dye it with an ash brown dye from a store. L'oreal is a good brand to use, easily found at wal-mart. Just look for the color you want with "ash" in the name. It'll counter the orange-y/red pigments you get. You could also use a purple toner/purple shampoo to counter the brassy color if dying it ash brown doesn't make it less brassy.

Archived