Face Symmetry

Guest *.yl=-

Has anyone thought that our faces were symmetrical? In terms of the features such as the eyes and that they were proportionally the same. Ever thought that even the most beautiful people were symmetrical and perfect? Found this interesting and shows that no one is symmetrically correct, however it shows what if they were symmetrical, left/right, how much different would they look?

More images here: http://www.youbeauty.com/face/galleries/face-symmetry-of-celebrities#1

Blake Lively:
blake_lively_face_flip_zpsde6af0e0.jpg
Ryan Reynolds:
ryan_reynolds_face_flip_zpsad6e1327.jpg
Lucy Liu:
lucy_liu_zps5cc80381.jpg
Scarlet Johansson:
scarlett_johansson_zps24877f3a.jpg

What do you think?

Image credits to: http://www.youbeauty.com/face/galleries/face-symmetry-of-celebrities#1

Guest kimmayyyy

Haha that's actually really interesting. Except for Blake Lively's and Lucy Liu's right symmetry photos, I don't think I would've noticed if I hadn't known that the pictures were photoshopped. The right symmetry photos for those two look really different.
They all look great without symmetrical faces and not necessarily better with symmetrical. Lucy Liu looks gorgeous with left symmetry, but she's still gorgeous regardless. :)

blake lively is the only one of those that really doesn't seem all too symmetrical (although since people are asymmetrical i suppose it correlates).

they did it for politicians too

barack_obama_face_flip.jpg
michelle_obama_face_flip.jpg
mit_romney_face_flip.jpg
http://www.youbeauty.com/face/galleries/election-2012-faces

Guest hellopandaluv

Wow, Scarlett Johansson's face is actually a lot more symmetrical than the other three. No wonder everyone thinks shes gorgeous ha ha. As for Blake Lively she's pretty but I've never been a fan of her looks, perhaps it's because her face isn't that symmetrical.

Guest StandingWayward

I agree, I never thought Blake Lively was that pretty at all, and this seems to serve as evidence! I didn't think Scarlett Johansson would be so symmetrical though...she looks basically the same in each picture!
Romney is weirdly symmetrical....and Michelle Obama totally isn't xD I wonder how wonky I'd be though!

Guest MeiHearts

wow I never really thought of that o.0 The left and right symmetries all look slightly different but some are soo similar yet some are so extremely crazy haha. 

Guest mintpops

Wow, I guess it's no question why Scarlet Johansson is always named one of the most beautiful women. Her face is perfectly symmetrical 0_0 

• 1 month later...
Guest Iron_Maiden

Well... a lot of the people I think that look gorgeous don't have symmetrical faces. Take a look at gorJessica from SNSD for example, her face isn't symmetric but many still consider her gorgeous looking. 

Guest kAkA_head

My eyebrows are crooked. My left: Angry face. My right: Happy face.  Together: I always look surprised with one eyebrow up. :P

Guest leelee.

I think Scarlet Johansson is very pretty, but I wouldn't say she's one of the most gorgeous women out there... It's really cool how symmetrical her face is! It probably also fits the "golden ratio". Mine is asymmetrical and it bothers me a lot. :/ Justin Bieber also has a symmetrical face. No wonder so many teen girls think he's cute!

You know, if you look at a picture of Abraham Lincoln, the right and left side of his face looks very different! Still a cool pres, though.

Guest himehimehime

My face is so asymmetrical it bothers me to the point I'm actually going to get surgery to fix it, lol.

Guest dreamingofu213

This is really interesting! My face is highly asymmetrical @_@ My eyes have different shape and  even my eyebrows XD

• 4 months later...
Guest the_really_big_sign

The left side of my body is generally bigger than the right side of my body. =S so my face is really asymmetrical

Archived