should we become friends again?

Guest &dontleaveme7

Guest &dontleaveme7

Okay, so I have been asking myself this, trying to make a decision, should I become friends with my ex-best friend? We had a wonderful friendship, one like no other. I trusted her so so much, even telling her about my relationship issues and everything else. This was 3 years ago. What went wrong?

Three years ago, early on the year, my boyfriend and I were having so much trouble with our relationship. It was his senior year of highschool and he was getting ready to graduate and go out of state for college. I told him that if he was to go out of state, I won't let the relationship last because I didn't like long distance relationship. We agreed and became "friends with benefits".

About halfway through the year, I assumed he was getting to know other girls. He would never let me go through his phone, blahblah. So one day, we went on a double date with one of our friends. There, i finally got the chance to see what's in his phone. Looking through it, it was pictures of another girl and her body, teasing. I couldn't believe my eyes. He got mad and broke his phone. He had no phone anymore, so he'd use his older brothers.

Getting to the point, about a month after that, I'd been trying to text him, get a reach of him. It was hard to. I told my best friend about my problems. She'd sit there and listen, and give me advices. We pretty much grew up together, were there for eachother.

But something was fishy. One night, I found out that my best friend and "friends with benefit" were at the park together talking. They had her younger sister and his friends there too, so I didn't assume anything. He "sort of" told me the conversation later when he came over. She came over later too.

I remember crying to her about something and she went downstairs to talk to him about it. He came into my room and kissed me saying he was sorry.

Later that night, I told him to go sleep in my brother's room since there were girls in the living room, which was my bestfriend and her sister. He was "sleeping" on the wall of our livingroom and wouldn't budge. he only got mad. I did too. So i went upstairs and slept.

The next morning, i found out they were playing a game called "nervous". Its you go up to a person and do something asking if they're nervous yet. What i found out he did was went up to her face and asked her if she was nervous. like he was going to kiss her. it hurted me.

after that, he played it off like nothing was going on. When i tried to leave him, aka break up, he'd come running back. Stupid me. It was my first lover. Of course I'd done stupid things.

But they had something going on, behind my back. I didn't find out until I heard about it from school. He had dropped out earlier through the semester so he came back to school as a super senior. On his first day, during lunch, he went missing until lunch was over. I couldn't find where he went. And after school, when I saw him, there was a letter in his pocket. Later that day, I managed to sneak and read it. It was from my Best friend telling him how she didn't regret a single thing they did together. Hurted me more. :(

That was the end of our friendship. Trust was violated. Something I'd thought would never happen did. I transferred school and got to know another boy. One who'd make me happy, be there for me, make me laugh and all, while the "friends with benefit" only made me angry and pissed off.

On halloween, i thought he was working the next day, since he told me he usually worked on a saturday, so i didn't bother him. only to find out the next morning, that he was over at my best friend's house, slept over. Not only that, but they did it. (he told me a year later about that)

One day, i managed to tell the "friends with benfit" it was over. That i was done. that was when he dropped his life, and told me he wanted me back or he would die. I fell for it. Yup, i know, stupid right.

we tried to fix our relationship. and we still are.

Getting to the point, with this much richard simmons going on, should I still be friend with my best friend? I tried to ask my closest people, they'd say stay away. "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer." I talked to my "boyfriend" now, who was the "friends with benefit" guy, and he said it's up to me, it's the past and forgive.

What do you guys think? I cherished a friendship like ours, but it will be awkward now. I just worry that they will do it again. :/

You mentioned this guy is a super senior, but I'm not entirely sure how old you are. I'm going to guess you're younger than he is though.
First and foremost, I want to tell you this as gently as possibly, but this habit you have of going through people's things needs to stop. Whether you deem it to be fully justified or not, it's not healthy - ever.
Second, the fact that you two agreed to be friends with benefits instead of being in a committed relationship indicates the lack of real interest in each other. You may have done it to avoid long distance relationships (which still doesn't make a whole lot of sense), but it is painstakingly clear that he just wanted to keep the sex. In every instance you describe of him coming back to you, it's as a friend with benefits - not a boyfriend. He wants to keep you around for the physical intimacy, that's all. As for yourself, you're the one who suggested not having a real relationship. Being a friends with benefit requires no commitment at all and as sleazy as it may be, he has every right to see someone else. As a friend with benefits, your jealousy is not valid and your snooping of his things are definitely out of line.
In terms of this guy, I suggest you end it. As I do not know him personally. I can only say so much, but I strongly believe he does not care for you. And, to be honest, I'm a tad confused as to whether you want him. If you truly cared for him, you wouldn't have reduced your relationship with him to a friends with benefit, let alone be the one to suggest it in the first place. This isn't going anywhere good. You've decided to rekindle something already clearly wrecked.
As for your ex-best friend, technically, you were not dating the guy when she fooled around with him. "Technically", she didn't exactly have him cheat on you or anything of the like. But, she was your best friend and snuck around behind your back. Not to mention, her taste in guys are not of the best.
Walk away from it all and highly consider rethinking the people you choose to have around you. Your actions indicate that you're younger. Maybe I'm wrong, but either way, I feel that you put yourself in unnecessary dilemmas that can be easily avoided. I mean, you left a guy you were interested in, who "made you happy and would be there for you" to be with a sleaze bag that snuck around with your best friend and who'd much rather be your friends with benefit than boyfriend, which again, you initiated. Reevaluate your present company and yourself.

Guest dot.1430279747

You guys decided to be friends with benefits, not two people trying to work through your long distance issue so really, he can richard simmons who he wants... But I guess it still hurts when that person is your best friend and if he didn't know better, she should have.

I really don't think you should dwell on this too much. Don't go out of your way to be friends with her, but don't be a richard simmons to her. Be indifferent and let her mend things (if she can).

As for this boy, ditch him girl!

Guest kelliecube

You should go back to being 'friends' with her. Keep her close and get ready to strike when it's going to hurt the most. Turn her life into a living nightmare. Make her regret she ever messed with you.

Oh and that guy, f* his bestfriend behind his back and play him around like the loser he is. Don't forget to tell him you love him and no one else means anything. Make sure to crush them both.

Revenge isn't for everyone. But if your sure you want to embark on this, you better get ready to dig three graves.

Guest hishari

Let me get this straight.
You told a guy you wanted to be friends with benefits and you got upset that he F'ed another girl? Even if that girl is your friend, you are not in a relationship with him. What are you, 12? Do you even know what a friends with benefit type situation is?

Guest XxSwt Lilo LuverxX

so your current boyfriend is your 'friend with benefit' ? =\
why do you even put yourself through this. I can understand you'd be hurt especially since there's the unspoken rule of not dating each others ex's but you were in a 'friends with benefit' relationship - it means no emotions in tact, you do it & thats it. That's why those relationships don't last long, there's always one who will start to develop emotions. In your case, the emotions were already there which makes it worse. I guess in the end it just falls on the fact that your best friend whom you told everything to went behind your back even though she knew you liked him & your history together.
I don't know how your best friend thinks, but if she is genuinely sorry & doesn't feel anything for your 'bf/friend with benefit' then maybe give her another chance, if not forget about it. 
HOWEVER, I despise people who threaten to 'die' over trivial things & you're not any better for getting back with him. You brought this situation upon yourself & now you want to bring back your ex best friend? Think about it. This just screams drama. 

I agree with Goook....you really don't seem to know boundaries or space...you have insecurities and trust issues to begin with. 
you yourself stated that you both agreed to be friends with benefits at the time...so...if you are friends with benefits, you both really aren't going out so whatever he does in that scope, is on him, and not really any of your business. If he sees another girl, that should have been fine. 
What i see here is that you label yourself as "friends with benefits" but in your mind, you still feel that you are both together as boyfriend and girlfriend.
the only thing i didn't like is your friend breaking your trust when you told her everything. She was like the wolf in sheep's clothing...you trusted her, and she did something unforgiving. back stabber....
I think you need to dump both your friend and your "boyfriend" To me, I won't care if he begged to come back of say that he will die. using that as a guilt trip is really lame and cowardly in itself. if he didn't want to lose you, he should have thought about that before he did something as stupid as that. 
go on with your NEW life and find other people who would respect you more...i don't see why people like to be stuck in the past. the first boyfriend/girlfriend isn't always going to be perfect. that is the beauty of it, because it allows you to test the waters and see how actually having someone feels like. it doesn't mean that once you have that person, you and them are both stuck in quick sand... 
you are just setting yourself up for more stupidity and more pain in the future.... 

I think you should just forget your ex best friend and your boyfriend.

Try to find someone new, live a new life, you're going to meet someone who's even better.

Don't put yourself through this, I think you're making it harder than it is.

• 1 month later...
Guest PingFaun

Like the others said, You should've been expecting these things since you agreed upon this friends with benefits relationship. However, I can see why you're upset since you mentioned that he is your first lover. You probably see everything in an extremely pure sense.

I didn't really understand the last part. You said you met somebody new when you transferred schools, but you came back to reestablish a relationship with the ex? So what happened to the new guy who supposedly is everything that the ex isn't? ..

If I were in your position, I would not be willing to associate myself with the 'bestfriend' anymore. Imo, the violated trust goes to both; exbestfriend and exboyfriend. Despite the past friendship, I would not even consider for a second taking this person back as your friend. A "Friend" does not pretend to be one way and then act in another. [you didn't mention if she ever apologized or anything] ..

Archived