Ae Interview Tomorrow

Heyyy

Anyone work at AE or been to an interview
Okay so I have an interview at American Eagle tomorrow :sweatingbullets: and kind of nervous. B/C first thing I'm a tall and WIDE asian girl. So I obviously think that they don't want anyone fat, but I think they're easier on ppl than like Hollister or A&F. And MAYBE they want variety, like ppl from different backrounds :unsure: But I have like 1% chance of getting hired but wtheck might as well go :rolleyes:

What to wear: Obviously clothes from AE and probably converse

What kind of question do they ask???

Anyone work at AE?

Experience on your interview pleaseeeeeeeeee :tears:

Guest Milkfed.

I had interviews at Libby Lu and Limited Too, and the questions they ask range from general to whatever.

They might start with introductions

Describe yourself in one word

Do you get along with other people

What are your hobbies/ extracurriculars

then go with basic work-related questions--

What days/ hours are you available

What would you do in this situation

Past work experience

I don't know about your mall, but where I am, they have interviews in the middle of the day throughout the mall (sofas, cafes, lounge areas near bathrooms). It will probably be a group of 3-7 people during your interview.

Generally, employers like people who are outgoing, confident, and reliable. If you show them they can trust you to do the job right, you could have a better chance than someone who looks like a model, but is flakey.

Guest reallyAmused

Hey that's awesome! i just had my interview like two weeks ago i think, i suck at keeping time XP. But i got hired and just finished orientation.

For the interview don't worry too much ( just realized how unhelpful that was :sweatingbullets: ).

they asked me stuff like "What does customer service mean to you?" "What would be three adjectives to describe yourself?" and i forgot the others, sorry :blush: . But they also had me pick out an outfit from the clothes they had and try to sell it to them, that was actually my favorite part.

If i reamember anything eles (soon) i'll tell you but i'm tall too and i don't think it matters all that much B)

Guest Akari

I used to work for AE. My interview was a group interview. They first asked us to tell them something about ourselves. (We were able to raise our hands to answer questions, so I guess this shows confidence?)

-Using three describing words, tell me what you can bring to AE.

-Tell me about a retail store in the mall that you think has good customer service.

-Tell me about a retail store in the mall that you think has bad customer service.

-You notice a customer trying to find a shirt, messing up the clothes you have just finished folding, what do you do? (I think that's what it was ...)

-Why do you want to work here?

And that's all I can remember! :sweatingbullets: But hope that helped!

Guest yansi

let's see, when i had an interview with ae, the manager asked these questions (don't remember all of them, it's been 7 months since the interview):

- why do you want to work at ae (big tip: DIVERSITY!)

- what about ae attracts you

- what is customer service to you

- things you hate about customers

- the best idea you've came up with, and how did the idea help the situation

- if you can become any super hero/cartoon character, who would you be? (i thought this was very cute! haha)

my group had close to 15 people, and we all sat around the couches near the back. he gave us a few minutes to mingle while he waited for a couple of late comers (it was a very good idea, cause we started talking, complaining about how early it was...hahaha). the whole interview was very casual, he would ask us a question, and we could just speak up randomly, it wasn't 'lets go around in a circle". when he asked why you wanted to work at ae, a couple of people said "because i need money" and we all laughed (i don't recommend saying this at the interview though! lol) the whole thing lasted for 30-40 minutes.

Guest JELLOO

aw, i want to apply at this hiring american eagle. te he!

does anyone know how old you have to be to apply?

how did it go?

i've applied @ AE and they ran out of app forms

and told me to go online.

then when i applied online they told me to apply in-store.

so gay.

Ummmm I'm 99% sure that I didn't get it. First of all the had the interviews at a another AE like an hour away b/c the one I applied for is opening in July. But the interview barely last 15 mins. The manager of the store that I applied to didn't interview us but 2 girls that worked at the AE store that we had to go to interviewed us. They asked our age school and hobbies. Two words that describe AE, what we can bring to AE and something about use. All I remeber is using casual and diverse or comfortable to describe AE and the rest I forgot w/e. But I was really disappointed that it was two girls who worked at the AE we would not be working at interviewing. I wish the manager would have interviewed us :(

Guest malevolent.

I see a lot of thick girls work at AE. Don't trip. I'm sure you're not even that wide. :) Good luck.

Guest muhsheesuh

just be confident and have good hygiene and you should be fine

most retail stores that look to hire look for people who are outgoing and interact well with customers as well as co-workers

Guest 1nsatiable

you know, i think they ask the SAME questions, even in different countries :)

i used to work for ae. :)

hope you got it too!

Guest che1212y

just curious... how much does american eagle pay?

:sweatingbullets: i'm looking for a new job and i been thinking of applying there

Guest xpiyo

from what a friend told me.. they ask you all those quetions that soompiers have already posted.. and they give you an item and have your advertise it to a customer (which will be one of the people ion your group). so you're trying to persuade them to buy it. good luck!<3

Archived