SM AUDITION 2012

Guest cutenerd...

Guest cutenerd...

Questions about the audition this year! Eek
I have a ton of questions to ask about entering this years global audition...

1. I recently checked the sm website and under global audition>NY>it says NYU wasserman center for career development WHERE IN THE WORLD IS IT? i tried checking it out by clicking map but it doesnt show the directions and yes i already tried google maps which resulted in failure :( 

2. when you pass the 2nd round of auditioning and you go to korea for the 3rd round do they pay your ticket of going there or do u pay for yourself?? i searched and searched for the answer but came up with many different answers such as they pay for you or you pay for ur self

3. since this is out of topic, is there a way to improve ur singing voice cuz my friend wants to audition too and she sucks but since telling her u suck is mean is there a way i can help her?

4. i have braces and glasses can sm do something about it? cuz i recently started wearing braces and im wondering whether they will like continue fixing my teeth as they do training and Do i even have a chance of getting in with braces and glasses????

5. Out of topic again, if u get in and debut could u go to college in korea if ur not korean at all?

Plz answer this asap and people out there with friends who are trainees or have experienced the trainee life answer this i want to make sure if i could get accepted or not 

THANK YOU ^_^ sweatingbullets.gifwacko.gifrolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

1. Since it's NYU ( New York University) their location would be on a college campus. call the college up and ask if the location is located on their premises.

2. In most likelihood if they want you to fly to Korea for the 3rd round and you didn't sign their contract yet, you will have to pay your own way to Korea. The reason why they do this is because of the likelihood that they do spend money on your plane ticket, but then somehow you can't make it, you changed your mind and etc. then they basically wasted money for nothing. Only after when you sign their contract will they spend a dime on you.

3. Practice singing is scales, also record yourself singing so you can hear where your voice is weak and how you should work on it.

4. Worry about your braces and glasses AFTER you make it and sign their contract. It's useless to worry about life after you become a trianee when you should be really worried about how you will perform during your audition day.

5. see number 4...But in all likelihood you can go to school down their but I have to warn you schooling down in Asia in general is just plain tough and hard. My couisn just moved to Korea and she 14 years old. She's Korean yet she is having a really hard time going to school down their. She is behind in alot of subjects yet she was held back a year because it is that tough.

Guest cutenerd...

How long does it take for sm to reply the video/email u sent them for the first round? and what if pass 2nd round how long? and then say u pass the 2nd round and then u go to korea for the 3rd round-> how long do u stay there for and when do they reply back to you if u do and dont pass???

sorry there's too much questions unanswered in my head! sweatingbullets.gif

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

How long does it take for sm to reply the video/email u sent them for the first round? and what if pass 2nd round how long? and then say u pass the 2nd round and then u go to korea for the 3rd round-> how long do u stay there for and when do they reply back to you if u do and dont pass???

sorry there's too much questions unanswered in my head! *quoted image*

^ Wait...Did you send a video to the email for the USA Global Auditions.? Because you are not supposed to send a video with your email. You were only supposed to email them a profile stats and a clear picture of yourself.

They will start emailing automated messages probably around the middle of January.

Also just worry about passing the first round, because just auditioning live will be nerve wracking for you anywayz.

Guest cutenerd...

^ Wait...Did you send a video to the email for the USA Global Auditions.? Because you are not supposed to send a video with your email. You were only supposed to email them a profile stats and a clear picture of yourself.

They will start emailing automated messages probably around the middle of January.

Also just worry about passing the first round, because just auditioning live will be nerve wracking for you anywayz.

Nope i going to send the youtube version 

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Nope i going to send the youtube version 

^Ah cool beans then. Yeah it should take about within a month for them to email you back if they are interested.

Guest smiley-

as for the glasses, try contacts. the braces i wouldn't worry about. if you do get it, you're going to be a trainee for at least a few years, unless you're exceptionally talented, and the braces will come off eventually.

it seems you are really getting ahead of yourself! make sure you really know what you're getting into and you know your own strengths and limitations. i'm not trying to sound like a hope-killer but the chances are literally one in like 10000.

i'm auditioning too, but i'm sure not expecting to get in... i'm just doing it with a friend for the experience cuz we're both singers. hwaiting to both of us!~

hiii i just came to answer some questions for you. :P

my friend auditioned for a global audition and made it into a company and they do all the "rounds" in america. like for him he got called back and they recorded him doing everything. if they like you they sign some kind of contract with you here and you pay for your plane ticket but they pay you back (so they dont send you a plane ticket-you buy yourself and they pay you back).

about the college thing, yeah you can go to college there even if you're not korean. my friend is korean but takes courses in college in english. depends on what you're majoring in i guess. xD

Guest cutenerd...

my friend auditioned for a global audition and made it into a company and they do all the "rounds" in america. like for him he got called back and they recorded him doing everything. if they like you they sign some kind of contract with you here and you pay for your plane ticket but they pay you back (so they dont send you a plane ticket-you buy yourself and they pay you back).

about the college thing, yeah you can go to college there even if you're not korean. my friend is korean but takes courses in college in english. depends on what you're majoring in i guess. xD

Thanxs for the help ^_^

as for the glasses, try contacts. the braces i wouldn't worry about. if you do get it, you're going to be a trainee for at least a few years, unless you're exceptionally talented, and the braces will come off eventually.

it seems you are really getting ahead of yourself! make sure you really know what you're getting into and you know your own strengths and limitations. i'm not trying to sound like a hope-killer but the chances are literally one in like 10000.

i'm auditioning too, but i'm sure not expecting to get in... i'm just doing it with a friend for the experience cuz we're both singers. hwaiting to both of us!~

Thanxs ^_^ Hwaiting to you to :) 

Guest suwagarasayuri

Oh didn't we need to send a video? Oh I thought we did. You saved me! haha:D but then why did lots of people prepare SM GLOBAL AUDITION 2012 video. Anyway, I really am not sure about what to include and what to do for the email registiration. And also when do they send a reply for the registration? not the place and time email (that's the second email I guess) but the photo and personal info stuff (this is the first email then). They go back for that, right? All in all will they send 1 email reply or 2 email replies?  

Thank you :D

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Oh didn't we need to send a video? Oh I thought we did. You saved me! haha:D but then why did lots of people prepare SM GLOBAL AUDITION 2012 video. Anyway, I really am not sure about what to include and what to do for the email registiration. And also when do they send a reply for the registration? not the place and time email (that's the second email I guess) but the photo and personal info stuff (this is the first email then). They go back for that, right? All in all will they send 1 email reply or 2 email replies?  

Thank you :D

^ no you aren't supposed to email them a video for the USA Global Auditions. For the profile stats go to the SMtown.com website and under auditions it will give you die toons on how to email it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM6PsTtk0tk This is my SM audition video. if I could get some feedback or if you could like and comment, that would be awesome. thanks :)

Guest fannypack555

*(Read)Hey! is anyone auditioning for sm on feb 18th?I askbecasue none of my friends are going with me :( sad! so who ever would like tomeet up with me that would be very nice.I just dont wanna be by myself and sitalone :( email me at     freefalling55@hotmail.com      LMK:) thanks!

Guest cutenerd...

By rounds what do u mean dont they do 3rd round in korea? Anyway that is so cool having a friend in sm :)

Guest nanakkim

Hey guys,

I got a reply saying that I have to come at 4:30, so I guess they are dividing into groups. Anyone knows that how long would it take? so I can plan to book the bus ticket homeT__T. I'm from Northern Virginia as well like one guy above. This is my email: nanakkim@gmail.com contact me if you guys plan to meetup or anything like that. ^_^v

Guest sorahime

Hey guys,

I got a reply saying that I have to come at 4:30, so I guess they are dividing into groups. Anyone knows that how long would it take? so I can plan to book the bus ticket homeT__T. I'm from Northern Virginia as well like one guy above. This is my email: nanakkim@gmail.com contact me if you guys plan to meetup or anything like that. ^_^v

They say regardless to age and race but it seems like they only take Asians, I have yet to see a trainee or famous person of European or African decent do kpop. Congrats on your call back though, let us know how it goes.

I still didn't reply an email from SM yet..... T.T so worried, what should i do?!!

Where are you going to audition?? are you just waiting for the time?

Archived