My Boyfriend Doesn't Want To Go To Dances Or Prom?

Guest Fisheyy

Guest Fisheyy

Hello. I like going to dances but my boyfriend doesn't. He doesn't even want to go to prom.I really like going to dances and he can definitely not miss prom! Should I make him go? I feel kinda bad in the process because I can tell he doesn't want to go. But it's really special to me and I really want him to go!

Guest Malice_Kaiser

If he cares about you, plus assuming things like money are not the issue, I feel like he should make the "sacrifice" and go to prom with you. Loving someone means doing things you might not do on your own just to make that person happy, just to see your special someone smile. This is special to you, and you will only have ONE senior prom!

Guest fuzzylove<3

Have you asked him why he doesn't like going? Too much money? Doesn't like dressing up? Bad dancer? Too many people?

If it's something simple, just talk it out. Tell him it means alot to you, and try to work out a plan - like,...he agrees to go to prom as long as you don't drag him to other dances.

Guest Fisheyy

He doesn't want to dress up and apparently he just thinks there is no point in it. And he doesn't like that there is too many people haha.

I mean like..I don't want to force him but..I just really really wish he would go!

Guest Fisheyy

So I asked him.. he's the type of person that would rather stay at home and have fun without having to dress up and he just thinks that it's too much to keep up with.

Guest fuzzylove<3

^ I kinda feel your bf. I'm a girl, but I really saw no point in dances either. But, if it meant alot to my bf, I would go to one or two dances. Like i said in my earlier posts, you gotta compromise. And keep in mind that he despises dances as much as you love them,....so he may be thinking in his head - "Man I wish she would be more understanding that dances make me uncomfortable." Anyways, compromise until you are both satisfied.

Guest Siweonn

Ask him if it's okay to go with a friend if he doesn't want to go. It's just a dance, if he doesn't feel comfortable with you going with someone else just ask him to go with you ~

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

One of my friends back in 2008 of her senior year of high school wanted to go to the prom and other dances as well. But her boyfriend didn't want to go. " I'll just go with friends, and maybe find another guy to take me to prom?" He got jealous when she said that so he went to all the high school dances and prom with her.

Archived