Emotional Kim Yu-Na breaks into tears as she expresses thanks to Team

Guest leon-

Guest leon-

"Their warm teachings to a student from another country . . ."
Question was how she celebrated after the Olympic Gold Medal victory in Vancouver . . .

387751819.jpg

Link to view ==>

`

This is so warm, human and touching that I felt it deserved it's own thread.

She is for sure a treasure -- such a real and genuine person.

I have heard it said that while we will long remember those we laugh with, we can never forget those we have cried with.

Guest evilgary

i adore her too and i feel that she has really done alot to gain such an accomplishment and its really hard for her because of her age

Guest leon-

Hahah.. funny how the music just plays when she cries.

Seriously, i dont know if it's half fake or all true.

I guess there is good reason for skepticism when it comes to celebrities in general but Kim has never given us any reason to doubt her sincerity or integrity.

Her emotions are real and genuine. We are indeed fortunate to witness the humility and gratitude this international hero has regarding her relationship with her parents, coaches and the rest of her team as she became the best figure skater in the world and some would argue the best figure skater ever.

She's only 19 years old, an age when most of us are just starting our first job or first year in college after finishing high school . . . and Yu-Na? She just climbed the highest mountain she will probably ever have to climb -- an experience with peak emotions the like of which most of us will never experience.

Mao had Japanese trailblazers in Midori Ito, Yuka Sato, Shizuka Arakawa and Japanese rivals like Miki Ando, Fumie Seguri and Yukari Nakano.

Who did Korean Kim Yu-Na have to look at for guidance and motivation? Chinese-American Michelle Kwan was her only real role model as there were no world class elite Korean figure skaters - ever! None who spoke her language and none who could help her develop a uniquely Korean dream. So she took her Korean dream to America first and finally Canada to get the tools to make it all real.

Obviously the clip was from a longer recorded show which was edited to add music and subtitles for TV broadcast and release to YouTube. There is no reason for her to fake this --- she has far too much self-respect and respect for the Korean audience to cheapen her recounting of the time immediately after this peak experience with fake tears. She was fighting them back.

I've been with Yu-Na and it is a matter of pride with her to keep that kind of display of emotion in check. She was for sure remembering a very emotional scene after the Olympics and those same emotions returned to swell up inside her in what was surly a surprise to her and those around her. You can see her looking over at the camera almost hoping they would stop recording while she composed herself. Fortunately for us they didn't and we got a rare glimpse into the heart and feelings of the Queen.

And I for one like what I saw.

387881209.jpg

Michelle Kwan and Kim Yu-Na at ice show rehearsal in Seoul, August 2009.

Guest mizz_J

Awww this was touching, watching her cry makes me want to cry too :(

Really though, congratulation to her. She really fulfilled her dream :)

Guest riehae

she has really done a lot.

for herself for her country.

she has trained really well and hard.

congrats to her and she deserves it.

Guest leon-

How the Bond Girl Medley was born

The other major player on Kim's team has been choreographer David Wilson. Here is a video where he describes his creative process that went into the Bond Medley Short Program -- which is the highest scoring woman's SP in the history of figure skating.

384415041.jpg

388052868.jpg

This was once on YouTube but SBS had it removed.

The video mixes in Bond music, clips from Bond movies and Yu-Na at practice.

You can download an mp4 version from MediaFire here:

File name: YUNA KIM - HOW THE BOND GIRL MEDLEY WAS BORN.mp4 18Mb

Download link => http://www.mediafire.com/file/in4wigodmvo

Screencaps:

388052869.jpg

388052872.jpg

388052871.jpg

388052870.jpg

`

Archived