I don't want to hang out with my friends

Guest Maos

Guest Maos

how to reject them?
As opposed to the other thread "I Realize I have no true friends" link here, I have a few friends who always ask me to hang out with them. I'm a private person, and I like to spend time with myself a lot. But they keep asking me to hang out. And especially now that I'm having summer vacation with no summer job, they KNOW i have a lot of time on my hands...and so I don't have a good excuse not to hang out with them. Every time I hang out with them is like an obligation, and not because I'm having fun hanging out with them.

It's funny, because before, my friend would say "do you want to come with me to blah blah blah?", leaving me with plenty of "freedom" to refuse her. And then after I said I can't go (even though she probably knows I CAN go), she started acting a bit more bossy, like "can you come with me to blah blah blah". It sounds like I have less of choice to reject her than the first time, but i still have lots of "freedom". And then after I reject her again, she becomes 100% bossy lol. The 3rd time asking me to hang out with her, she changes her sentence to "I need you to come with me to blah blah blah". She's giving me no space to reject. And since it's summer vacation for her too, she has a lot of time on her hands as well, so she said she'll give me the whole week...I decide which time of week to go with her to that place she wants to go. Ugh, so annoying!!

I can't fling off my friends. it's like they don't get the message! I've rejected them lots of times, and the only thing they've changed is to ORDER me to hang out with them, as you can see from my paragraph above.

How do I flick them off my back? I don't mind hanging out with them once every two weeks, but I just don't want to see them once or more a week.

Serious responses only, please <_< Thanks! :)

Guest X_kimbap

this sounds mean but you can just ignore their calls or texts or whatever, cuz im shure that you have already tried straight up telling them no? just try to be MIA and busy yerself with life or something. haha good luck

Well, you're letting them order you around. If you don't want to go, then don't go. That's what I do whenever I don't want to do something with my friends. If they ask me & I say I don't want to go, but they keep asking, I still tell them the same thing and don't go because I don't like being forced to do something I don't want to.

Guest bona fide*

Try finding a job or picking up a hobby to keep yourself busy. That way, you'd actually have an excuse not to hang out with them.

"I don't feel like going, I have some personal things to attend to, but I'll call you back when I can, sorry!" andddddddd hang up. Or don't pick up your phone if they call.

If they ask/demand you in person, just tell them you just want to be alone for the time being.

Guest secretwishess

Damn. Your somewhat like me. LOOL!

I sometimes dont wanna go out, but my friends makes me.

But thats only sometimes.

Anywaaaays as for you. Just be stright up

Might be mean but ooh wells. She went bossy on you 1st.

Just be like " I dont wanan go. I make up my mind, & thats the end of it. I dont have to listen to you. You anit my mother. dont you got other friends to go with you? why you making me go "

Somthing like that, but you can make it sound less bossy. Or you can just say you did somthing wrong

& your parents grounded you or somthing(:

Guest riceasaurr

Just tell them that you just want to stay home today, so you don't want to hang out.

Honestly, they shouldn't be forcing you to hang out with them.

It's your choice. >____>``

Guest smilexsayumi

Thankfully I have the excuse of babysitting my little sisters,

and family situations so my friends couldn't nag me as much.

Mm, I think you should just tell them you have other important matters to do.

I kept doing that and soon they left me alone-- but for you is different I guess.

You could tell them straight that you need some time off.

But one of my friends in my small group of friends said this--

and everyone made fun of her always saying "oh she needs a personal day"

I feel bad for her u__u ..

I know it's hard when you only have a small group of friends

you don't want to lose them but you get so ticked off at them too.

The only thing is to make up an excuse ^ ^ ;

But make sure you at least hang out with them once every two weeks lol.

Guest Ms_cncptns

Maybe that's why you don't have any true friends? :P

Nah, I know what you mean though.

It's not even because I don't like them - I just want my lone time sometimes too.

g' luck.

Guest MOOVERDOSE

I suggest you stop making up excuses because this will only strain your relationship with your friends. I hate to sound blunt, but if you keep this up, you won't have any friends to go back to.

Instead of making excuses, let them know sometimes you prefer having "alone" times to do whatever and just relax. However, do ensure them you'd love to see them on the weekends or something. They're supposed to be your friends so they should understand you don't want to be bombarded with invitations to meet up with them every day.

Good luck! :)

Guest 18:09

i'm not a private person, but i know how you feel and what you mean.

i can socialize well with people and my friends, but most of the time, i don't want to do anything with them.

my friends usually always ask me to hang out every week/weekend and i'm always like my dad said- i have to do something with my dad- (or you can change dad to mom or whoever) or say i already made plans. if your friend asks what, than be like it's none of your business or say i don't feel like telling you, blah blah blah. those usually work for me.

althoughhh they work MOST of the time, they think i'm making an excuse to not hang out with them, which is true. i have nothing against them, i just don't feel like changing, getting ready, and moving. i always say to them, if you're my friend, you wouldn't doubt me xD

this probably did not help you at all :b

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

I suggest you stop making up excuses because this will only strain your relationship with your friends. I hate to sound blunt, but if you keep this up, you won't have any friends to go back to.

AGREE.

trust me, when you want to hang out later, they might not even ask you anymore.

Guest Starberriee

I can't believe this I would love to have your friends. :huh:

Haha me too, my friends are kinda like the OP I guess. / :

I think you should just tell them, don't even say "let's go out later" because you don't mean it...

Guest WhiteRabbitsTime

Lock yourself in your room and never come out!

But, only come out when you're hungry and when you need to pee!

Archived