♥ Good Looks For Tan-ish Asian Skin ♥

Guest mikki.

Guest mikki.

hey! i'm wondering what are some good looks for asians with tan skin (i mean eastern asian, btw).

i've seen a lot of asians that look really cute with it but sometimes people think tan skin looks "dirty" or not as cute.

i live in cali so i get LOts of sun & on top of that i tan easily, so now my skin is sort of like this shade, but not as dark but you get the general idea:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2...10376184115.jpg

(^not me)

so if any of you guys could post some pictures or give some tips on how to apply makeup (with tan skin) and hairstyle and haircolor suggestions, that'd be really great! :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest faithpuppy

Uhm, I think Yoobin from Wonder Girls has tan-ish skin? There's a tutorial floating somewhere on her makeup look

Guest l3oosh

O_O That is not dark-ish Asian skin xD It looks healthy, and, in my opinion, is pretty much gorgeous. I didn't think that your hairstyle really depended on your skin color, more your face shape, but for make-up, I would recommend browns and neutrals.

Guest mikki.

O_O That is not dark-ish Asian skin xD It looks healthy, and, in my opinion, is pretty much gorgeous. I didn't think that your hairstyle really depended on your skin color, more your face shape, but for make-up, I would recommend browns and neutrals.

oh haha, yeahh.

i was thinking about dying my hair lighter but i didn't know if tan skin would suite it :o but i hate how it looks with black hair xD

Guest Regina Rae

That's not even "dark" skin o_O

If someone is cute, they are cute regardless of skin color.

Really, it's that simple.

Guest ginger

I have fairly pale skin in the winter and tan skin in the summer, and I do my makeup pretty much the same with a few exceptions.

Makeup for the summer:

black eyeliner

brown and bronze shadow

bronzer on my cheekbones with a swipe of a highlighter

pinky/bronze lipgloss or lipstick

tinted moisturizer/light bb cream

Hair:

lighter brown. With a tan, light hair makes my face look brighter.

I know I'm not really dark tan, but during the summer in Korea, I stick out like a sore thumb. In the winter/fall, I can easily pass as just another Korean, but in the summer, people kind of assume that I'm a foreigner. These were some of the closer up pictures I could find for makeup in the summer. I'm the one on the right in this one, by the way.

Copyofweek012.jpg

Copyofweek148.jpg

Guest TEARLINER

Well, first of all, I'd really have to agree with the above posts.

No matter what color your skin is, you're cute and just as beautiful as every other girl! :]

Plus that shade isn't really "dark" skin anyways!

BUT ~ my skin color is pretty close to that color.

So, I'm not sure if it'll be a lot of help to you, but here's what I use and all that good stuff ~

Make Up

Clinique Pressed Powder [Neutral] - Powder! Totally optional, but I use it to cover up those dots on my face. xD It's not light, but then not too dark. :]

Black Eyeliner - I use liquid for the top and pencil for the bottom, since I apply it on my liquid line. o.o;;

Eyeshadow [Neutral Colors] - I use Physician's Formula shimmer strips [shade is Vegas Strip] The colors go together really well, they're like light tan-ish colors. I use it everyday.

Mascara [Maybelline Sky High Curves in Black]

Light Red-ish Blush - don't smother it on. xD

Lipgloss!

Hair

It really depends on face shape I'd have to say.

But like most, mine's like a mullet. Piccy for you. [not me] It's fun to style and turns out really well if you have tons of volume added in.

For hair color, a light brown is good. My hair's a mixture of red, black, and browns.

It be easier just to show you a tutorial for the make up, but unfortunately, I killed my camera. :x

But I can manage somehow if you'd like to see how it's done. Good luck! :]

Guest connito

tanned skin fits with shades of brown, you can dye your hair a dark to medium brown and where natural makeup with earthy shades for you eyeshadow and stuff

Guest meilove

if you want to dye your hair, go for it.

my aunt told me that brown hair makes our face brigther

i always thought it was the opposite since black hair contrasted more but nope. that's why i'm about to dye my hair too =)

Guest kikkie

Tanned skin only looks dirty if one doesn't take care of it right. Use a loofah and lightly scrub away dead skin cells so the skin looks healthier and not "dirty". You can use some shimmery bronzer (like for the face) or some shimmer powder and lightly brush it on the areas that light hit naturally (top of shoulders, front side of legs, top of arms (the hairy part lol), etc.) to make it glow.

And like mentioned before, a dark brown to medium brown hair goes well with a tan.

Guest MiZ_JJ

i wish my skin would tan like that. haha

I get A LOT of sun during the spring and summer time because of track so I get really dark from an asian.

I don't like how dark i get. =(

Sunscreen doesn't help either. haha

P4250241.jpg

This was last year mid April. I'm tan but not dark yet. haha I wish my tan could stay like this forever.

cestmoi7.jpg

This is my natural skin tone. :] Also a picture from last year.

I hope this kinda helpsish??

Guest shoppingfreak614

I have tanish asian skin too!

i tan reallly easy, and from all my swimming outdoors, people think im mexican or like spanish. (wtf?)

Its actually quite hard for me to find foundation because my skin color is light brown with golden undertones.

make up for me is concealer, powder, a pinkish blush (but i think coralish tones looks the best) black eyeliner, neural eyeshadow, masacra, and lots of highlight.

Dont forget to make eyes appear brighter with a white eyeliner.

I almost never wear bronzer. Im bronze already lol.

Guest MiZ_JJ

^

you look like hyori lee when you smile. =]

haha thank you. :]

I've gotten that quite a few times... I still don't really see it though. XD

I have tanish asian skin too!

i tan reallly easy, and from all my swimming outdoors, people think im mexican or like spanish. (wtf?)

Its actually quite hard for me to find foundation because my skin color is light brown with golden undertones.

make up for me is concealer, powder, a pinkish blush (but i think coralish tones looks the best) black eyeliner, neural eyeshadow, masacra, and lots of highlight.

Dont forget to make eyes appear brighter with a white eyeliner.

I almost never wear bronzer. Im bronze already lol.

AHHHH!! SAME HERE!!! TT^TT

it's such a pain during the summer to deal with makeup. @.@ I don't even bother putting an foundation during the summer cause I feel all hot and sweaty. blehhhh..

LOL people think I look filippino when I'm tan. @.@ I so don't look filippino.

Guest KastSanity

LOL people think I look filippino when I'm tan. @.@ I so don't look filippino.

you don't look filippino. CUTE SMILE! awww you have dimples XD.

anyways(back to question), yeah in my opinion, the pic you posted is still considered light skinned. although you may have tanned, it's not dark enough to, in my opinion to affect the result of your make-up drastically. besides I think that skin tone looks PERFECT. that's what I want but yet I am stuck with this: YES ME!

but yeah, light brown will actually make your light skin stand out more. it'll actually compliment you ^-^. if you have seen the mtv reality show, for the love of ray jay, there's this chick named Unique who has that skin toned and her hair color (i think it was some type of blonde) looks absolutely MAGNIFICENT! it makes her face glow. hair cut does not matter in skin tone.

Guest ♥oyen♥

Ooh tanned skin looks so sexy and healthy :) But I like myself pinkish pale.

My very lovely friend Tune, made a tutorial Makeup Look for tanned skin!

2yza7tv.jpg

Thats the latest makeup look for tanned skin.. I see many foreign and Filipina Actresses wearing this kind of look. Bronze face and Bright Pink lips. Its really pretty!

Other Makeup Looks suitable for tanned skin that I love:

fbal3d.jpgim5r1e.jpg2hxyc7q.jpg

2mzd3xi.jpgm9m62g.jpgi4o60g.jpg

Archived