KOREAN MUSIC FESTIVAL-HOLLYWOOD BOWL CONCERT

s@nbi

Discussion starts on page 87
Discussion about the Korean Music Festival starts on page 87 http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...2entry2574492 Welcome to the 2006 Hollywood Bowl Concert Thread (The 4th Annual Korean Music Festival) The KhypeStaff is working hard to obtain the correct information regarding the 2006 Hollywood Bowl Concert . We ONLY provide information that has been confirmed from legitmate sources (ie. promotion crews, sponsors, event coordinators etc.) Please no spamming and do not spread rumors regarding this concert. Information regarding the concert may only be taken out with proper credits and contacting one of the administrators or promoters on Khype.com.. stating which website the information has been posted on. Thanks.
Where: Hollywood Bowl 2301 North Highland Ave. Hollywood, Ca 90068 http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/ Concert Date: Saturday - May 20, 2006 Concert Time: 6:30PM <<Updated 3/24 Theme: World Cup Soccer MC: Ock Ju Hyun & Kim Yong Man <Updated 4/27 Artists: Se7en Hyori Lee SS 501 SG Wannabe Epik High Dynamic Duo Psy Clon Seung Ki Lee DJ DOC Eru <Updated 4/19 Tae Kyung Yim (popera vocalist) Eun Mi Lee Jang Hoon Kim. And also two comedians - Go Hye Sung & Kang Il Goo. as well as from previous years: Seung Hoon Shin, Sun Hee Lee, Soo Young Lee and Tae Jin A.<Updated 4/1 Guest Appearance by:<Updated 4/22 Jang Dong Gun Lee Jung Jae Ticket Information/Reservations: 323-692-2055, 323-692-2068, 323-692-2070<<Updated 3/24 Tickets: On Sale April 17th, 2006. (seating chart is not available yet) <<Updated 3/31 Korea Times Staff will be contacting those who made reservations soon. POOL CIRCLE SEATING CHART <NEW 4/13 SeatingChart003.jpgThe crossed out section in the middle is where they are extending the stage out to Prices: Ticket price: pool circle($150), garden box($125), terrace box/ramp($100), superseat($70), bench D,E,G2,J2,F,K ($50), bench M,N,L,P($30), bench Q,R,S,T,U($20), bench W,V,X($15) Security: No SPART police at 2006 Hollywood Bowl NO BACKSTAGE PASSES <<Updated 3/24 Broadcasting Partner: M-net of Korea <<Updated 3/20
SEAT ADVISOR VIEWS OF HOLLYWOOD BOWL CLICK HERE credits: Khype.com Staff (Amy, Madisoid) + Korea Times Promotion Crew For Questions about this concert please contact Madisoid at Soompi or Visit Khype.com. Thank you Korea Times Seating Chart for Hollywood Bowl They don't have any copies of the detailed ones (like upclose of the box seats - garden/terrace). b33007865.jpgcredits: chrissejin + Korea Times ========================================= GO TO HOLLYWOOD BOWL WITH SOOMPI MEMBERS Don't want to go alone or looking for someone to fill a spot? Click here http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?act...60#entry2165437 ========================================= LOOKING TO BUY TICKETS?? Do you need tickets for the Hollywood Bowl? Then check here. -If you are interested in buying tickets, PM one of these people. Thank You *SANBI* - 1 Garden Seat (Box #831) orangel - 2 Tickets for Ramp Box (Box #409 ) =========================================
2006 KOREAN MUSIC FESTIVAL Park & Ride Cost per person roundtrip is $5.00 ($2.50 in each direction) Rowland Heights (Line 665) - Schabarum Regional Park, 17250 E. Colima Road and Azusa Ave. (Parking off Colima Rd.). Bus stop on Colima Road. Departures will be at 3:30 & 4:00. Chatsworth (Line 653) - Chatsworth Metrolink Station, 21510 Devonshire St. (one block west of Canoga Ave.), and bus stop is in lot. Departure times will be 3:30 & 4:30. Torrance (Line 657) - Wilson Community Park, 2000 North Crenshaw Blvd. (between Carson St. and Sepulveda Blvd.) and entrance to parking lot is off Jefferson St. Departure times will be 3:45, 4:00, 4:15 & 4:30 Lakewood (Line 660) - Lakewood Center Mall (Lakewood Blvd. and Candlewood St.) and parking area is off Candlewood St. and Graywood Ave. Bus departs across from Hometown Buffet. Departure times will be 3:30 & 4:00. Shuttle Locations Cost per person roundtrip is $3.00 (plus parking fee if using Hollywood & Highland Shuttle Lot) Ventura Lot (Line 668) - 10801 Ventura Blvd. (near Lankershim Blvd.). From the Hollywood Freeway (101) exit Lankershim Blvd. to Ventura Blvd., turn right into lot. Departures will begin at 3:00 and run every 10 minutes up to show start time. Ventura Annex Lot (Line 668A) - 10601 Ventura Blvd. Parking lot is at corner of Ventura Blvd. and Lankershim Blvd. Departures will begin at 3:00 and run every 15 minutes. Hollywood and Highland (Line 671) - Hollywood & Highland entertainment complex, 6801 Hollywood Blvd. Entrances to parking structure off Highland Ave. or Orange Drive. Bus stop in Orange Court. Please note: Parking Fee Required. Departures will begin at 3:00 and run every 15 minutes. L.A. Zoo Lot (Line 672) - 5333 Zoo Drive, Section C of L.A. Zoo Parking Lot. Departures will begin at 3:00 and run every 20 minutes. Parking Parking Fees at the Hollywood Bowl will run $18.00-$25.00 per car motorcycles $7.00 each Limos and buses at $30.00 each
========================================= from chrissejin

**********if you take the information below out, please credit soompi.com********** **********EXCLUSIVE INFORMATION ABOUT KOREAN MUSIC FESTIVAL********** **********FROM THE KOREA TIMES**********

Hello, everyone. My name is CS Hah, and I am the Director of Special Event Department at The Korea Times U.S.A. I have been planning and producing various concerts hosted by The Korea Times since the inaugural Korean Music Festival at the Hollywood Bowl in 2003. With the help of your devoted moderators, I was able to get information about your site and carefully read numerous comments posted on it. On behalf of The Korea Times and its entire staff, I would like to thank everyone who has been showing overwhelming support on our concert and Korean music in general. Your interest and support will be a great help in coordinating the upcoming concert as well as other events in the future. Before I begin answering your comments, I would like to tell you several points to help you understand us and on the concerts. It has been my solid position that non-Korean speaking fans should receive the benefit of information just as any 1st generation Korean Americans. To me, every single fan of our concert or Korean pop music in general is equally important no matter what their language preference or ethnic backgrounds are. I hope you understand that we are the representing community newspaper that is supposed to serve the community through conveying news and providing diverse cultural experiences. We are neither a private promoter nor having an affiliation with any agency whose major concern is only making money. Since my understanding is that the site is a gathering place for Korean music lovers, I would like to actively communicate with you as often as possible from now on with a hope to provide better understanding and services for you. Here is some official information I could share with you. Date/Time: 6:30pm, Saturday, May 20, 2006 (pre-concert festivity at 3:00pm) Place: Hollywood Bowl Host: The Korea Times and CJ Broadcasting Partner: M-net, KM, KTAN, Radio Seoul, LA18 Theme: 2006 World Cup Soccer ‘Again 2002, Go 2006’ Ticket Prices: Pool Circle($150), Garden Box($125), Terrace Box/Ramps($100), Super Seats($70), Benches($15~$50) Ticket Sales: beginning Monday, April 17, 2006 Information: (323)692-2055, 2068, 2070 Several questions I could answer this time. Some of the information below is not even disclosed to the offline fans. (1) Reservation & Pool Circle Situation Our office have received numerous calls since January of this year when we first ran a TV commercial indicating the concert was coming soon in spring. Many of them were calling us from remote states that made us to receive so-called 'the priority list'. We could not simply turn their repeated requests away since they wanted to watch our show without even knowing the date and artist list. The list was made in the order we received requests. So far on the list, we have over 400 fans requesting more than 2,000 tickets. Among those tickets requested, little over 50% were for the bench seats, about 38% for the Garden/Terrace Boxes/Ramp/Super Seats and the rest for the Pool Circle respectively. As for the Pool Circle, we had about 320 chairs last year but only 250 would be available for seating this year due to a revised production plan. In order to increase visibility, I decided to build a bridge between the stage and the cement wall that divides the Pool Circle and Garden Boxes. I think it would be a bit more challenging situation to get the Pool Circle seating this year, but it is absolutely not true that we had one person requesting a large number of tickets. We do not have a record of it and would not allow that to happen for other audiences. Also we have spared less than 5 seats for the corporate sponsors due to the high demand for it. Even if the Pool Circle is filled up with requests, I would like to encourage you to call us and put your names on the list for Garden Boxes since there are plenty of seats still available in the section. (2) Reason for Not Selling Tickets As Of Yet We simply had too many events that we had to take care of. In February and March, I had Korean soccer and World Baseball Classic (WBC) matches and Lee Seung Chul concert to promote. Now I have another concert coming up on April 15-16 at the Pasadena Civic. That would make the official promotion for the Bowl concert begin on April 17. In order to smoothen the process, I will ask our ticket office to contact the persons on the priority list starting from the Pool Circle next week. Our contact will be strictly on the basis of the order we have received. (3) Artist List I have locked in 14 performers so far with the help of M-net production team, and plan to add 3~4 more in the very near future. I understand your frustration stemmed from not knowing the list, but hope you forgive me it was me who has advised our staff not to release the list due to our overall promotion plans. I wanted to focus more on the concert itself and the combination of performance style rather than just bringing big names. As you are aware, the concert has been for all generation where parents and their children could enjoy together, not limited to a specific age group or fan clubs. This year I was trying to bring as many new faces as possible. Some of them came to LA to perform for other shows but still new to the Bowl concert. They are: Se7en, Hyori Lee, SS 501, SG Wannabe, Epik High, Dynamic Duo, Psy, Clon, Seung Ki Lee, DJ DOC, Eru, Tae Kyung Yim (popera vocalist), Eun Mi Lee, and Jang Hoon Kim. 4 other artists performed in the previous years are: Seung Hoon Shin, Sun Hee Lee, Soo Young Lee and Tae Jin A. I understand that young fans want to see big names such as Rain, Seven, Shin Hwa and TVXQ, but hope you know that it is the quality and composition of the show I am mostly working on. Even if we still consider adding 3-4 artists including big names, I feel strongly confident that we could produce best possible show with the performers already locked in. (4) Others I heard that SPART volunteer security team did not give you a pleasant experience before, so I decided not to invite them to help us this year. Partially, the Bowl staff also wanted to have a cohesive security effort by themselves. As for the backstage passes, I am not planning to release it to the general public mainly due to the security concerns. We are going to have more than 250 staff plus artist group in the backstage area, and it has been already a major concern of the security staff as well as the fire department (since we have had more than 6-minute long firework every year). It has been unusually a lengthy note, but hope it helps you have a better understanding on the situation while not confused by rumors and unconfirmed stories. I promise that I will take a look into the threads more often and will try to respond to your comments and inquiries just as equal to any other Korean fans. I would like to express my sincere appreciation for all the fans who have supported our show throughout the years and for the devoted moderators, such as Alicia, Amy, Chor and Christine who made me realize that there are cyber spaces where I could share thoughts with many Korean music lovers. All the best, CS Hah Director, Special Event The Korea Times U.S.A.
2nd message from CS Hah can be found here: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...dpost&p=2189294 (posted 04/04/2006) 3rd message from CS Hah http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?act...00#entry2287063 (posted 04/16/2006) 4th message from CS Hah http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...8entry2308118 (posted 4.18.2006) 5th message from CS Hah http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...dpost&p=2308118 (posted 4.18.2006) 6th message from CS Hah http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...dpost&p=2383429 (posted 4.27.2006) b33103523.jpg

********************credits soompi.com********************

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 팥빙수<3

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D ITS PROLLY GONNA BE IN APRIL! ALRIGHT! MY BIRTHDAY!! :D WOOOOOOOT! CANT WAIT TO SEE WHOS COMING (;

wah yay! i saw that commercial too! i went crazy i was like YES! i never went to any of the hollywood bowl concerts before....

i wonder whos coming!

Guest Onesweetypie

Wahaha XD its gonna be held at the US rite? I mean i kno it hollywood but i j want to make sure ^^ OMG is it lik a big thing? Or is it j a small concer for korean singers XD OMG i wonder if DBSG is gonna be here. AHHHH i need a ride for this!!!! XD

Guest Madisoid

Everyone ---- they will not post up the list of artists till the last minute like they always do!! Drives me wild!! I rather hate that too!!

People need time to plan when it comes to this event.

I am excited that they are advertisting for the concert already, maybe this means it will be more organized. No korean concerts are organized it drives me nuts!!

Anyways, the prices will probably be more expenisve this year too b/c it just seems to keep going up. I wonder how they will do the tickets this year again?? *ponders*

Well, if anyone finds some information ... please post it up in this thread :)

-Amy

Guest Onesweetypie

I was watching TV and saw the commercial for the Hollywood Bowl Concert. It said that the Korean Music Festival is coming Spring 2006. So i'm thinking in April of 2006 or May.

I can't wait for the concert. It doesn't matter who is coming. I just want to go. I need to save up for the tickets. Its gonna probrably cost a lot this year.

Can't wait!!

Wat channel did u see this commercial? TELL ME!!! I want to kno !!! XD

Eeekk wrong info XD SOrry guys. Dont kill me ^^

Guest uknowyunho

OMG I wish I can attend it..too bad I can't..

I wish..I want to see DBSK..they are so cute..

Thanks for the news..

Archived