A Dream?

Guest Keion

Nothing is real and true.

Sort of.

Do you observe the content of your mind to be true? Anyone who has observed their minds closely, will know that the contents of your mind can't be totally trusted. I'm not advocating distrust with your mind, I am saying that if you have to believe in something, then that a lone is evidence enough that whatever is believed is false. Anything that is true doesn't need to be believed in.

You don't need to believe you exist do you?

And that is the only thing we can really be certain of. That is the only thing that is true that can be observed from your mind, and not even from your mind directly, but indirectly. Nothing in your mind is completely true, but simply by observing it, you will know (not believe) that there is indeed existence. ...because who is the one thinking?

What are these silly ideas? If you don't exist, then how can you know these thoughts? Who is the knower? You move your hand and clench your fist...who is the one feeling this? Who is the one doing this?

And because you may think your mind so truthful, you will say "I am the knower, John Doe". But all it takes is more observation to know that this "I" is nothing more than an imagination. And upon clear bonafide understanding of this truth, you will disidentify with your fake self, call it the ego.

And now the real self will be known. The silent observer. But that is only a name. Another concept isn't it? Because all language is mind content, and language a lone will never capture the truth. It must be known, not just experienced, because experiences too can lie. Empiricism is partly true, partly garbage, but so is most everything else. It only has practical significance.

One thing is the perception that everyone has from the things that surround them... The interpretation that mind creates based in the information that is received from senses...  For that reason things may be different from individual to individual... However, there are some aspects of reality that can't be denied, no matter what kind of perception has every individual.
But... at the end, what has to do this with atheism? sorry, I missed the relationship you are trying to establish...

No, cogito ergo sum has nothing to do with what I said. Neither does the new age rubbish.

That's ok. I know philosophy, and those into it, never really understood anything of worth. Thousands of years of talking and thinking...and where did it lead really?

Archived