Leo Ku ties the knot with girlfriend of 20 years

sugarplum892

The couple registered their marriage in Las Vegas last SaturdayLeo Ku

Hong Kong singer-actor Leo Ku announced on Weibo yesterday that he has registered his marriage with Lorraine Chan, his girlfriend and personal assistant of 20 years, in Las Vegas, United States on Jul 12.

The 41-year-old posted photos from their wedding shoot and wrote: “Ever since I released my first album in 1994, you have been looking after me. From now on, let me take good care of you.” 

According to media reports, Leo and Lorraine first met at the record company in the early 90s. Although the couple did not go public until recent years, their relationship is said to be an open secret in the industry.

During Chinese New Year in February, Leo happily said “okay” when his friends jokingly told him to get married soon so that he could distribute red packets next year, hinting at his impending wedding.

Sources revealed that the singer-actor successfully proposed to Lorraine at the beginning of the year and that he had applied for two-week leave to tie the knot in Las Vegas. As only the couple’s parents flew over to witness the solemnisation ceremony, their friends and colleagues did not know about their marriage until his announcement on Weibo. The newlyweds are planning to hold their wedding banquet next year.

Also, Leo is rumoured to have set up a bakery worth HK$40 million (approximately S$8 million) for his other half. The lovebirds will reportedly make their first public appearance as husband and wife at the shop’s opening ceremony this Saturday.

Leo Ku

Leo Ku

Source

• 1 month later...
Guest merrymuse

It always feel like a miracle to me when a couple can last this long, especially if the couple's in the entertainment industry. I wish them all the best. On a side note, his wife's shoes are a BIG NO NO! 

Archived