[drama 2007] I Hate You, But It's Fine 미우나 고우나

Guest shorty_babygurl03

Guest ChristyKim

SA exact words to DJ (while hugging her)

수아: ..엄마 .. 새엄마.

SA: omma... new omma..

I think SA felt the sincerity of DJ's heart. That's why she called her mother.

Thank you uni33 for the detailed summary.

Hmmm... I thought I heard her say 내엄마 (my mom). The second part on greentea's channel has been deleted as well, so I can't check back to hear it.

Either way, in the end, we get that she accepted DJ as her stepmother -- doesn't make me love SA all of a sudden for it, but I'm happy for DJ because she yearned for SA's acceptance for so long.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor addition: JY said she'll blog and include a lot of photos frequently, so she asked Eulso to show her dad and aunts often, and he said that's a good idea.

Hehe... SA didn't say she's not her mother. She said she doesn't harbor any grudge against him, and that it's not like he did anything wrong.

I can see how you misheard "won mang ahn hae yo" as "umma ah ni ae yo" though. =)

My thoughts exactly. The way she said "mom... my mom" didn't feel like she was referring to DJ, but maybe I just felt that way because it's odd/akward to see SA be like that to DJ. =P

You could tell that she calling DJ mom, 1.) DJ's reaction to finally being her mom and 2.) if she was calling for her mother, granny would have been in there quick as a flash throwing DJ out.

Guest Cerise

My sentiment indeed. However I think the writer might want us to see that if we have " people like SJ, SA, or JY" in our family, we have no choice but to live with them as they are and treat them as part of the family because we can't change them / they can't be a better person for us.

I already said once that I'll cut the pain and disown SJ. :mellow: I don't think I can live with someone like that.

JY is like a natural metal, in order to be used, it needs to be refined. That I can live with. I'll probably get a high blood pressure and with a high possibility of transforming into SA (animorphs anyone). :P

SA please, I don't want her to be family... I'm cool with her being an acquaintance. She's fun and cute when she's not so bitchy. :phew:

Hmmm... I thought I heard her say 내엄마 (my mom). The second part on greentea's channel has been deleted as well, so I can't check back to hear it.

Either way, in the end, we get that she accepted DJ as her stepmother -- doesn't make me love SA all of a sudden for it, but I'm happy for DJ because she yearned for SA's acceptance for so long.

Well... I actually checked the episode script in the KBS site and just copied that line hehehehe~!!

Guest ChristyKim

You could tell that she calling DJ mom, 1.) DJ's reaction to finally being her mom and 2.) if she was calling for her mother, granny would have been in there quick as a flash throwing DJ out.

I thought DJ's reaction + GW just watching and not interrupting was because of SA's action of hugging DJ back and crying on her shoulders. Thinking back on the episode, I know SA called DJ "mom," but my brain must've not wanted to acknowledge it and kept making excuses. =P

Well... I actually checked the episode script in the KBS site and just copied that line hehehehe~!!

Ohhhhhhh... Mystery/confusion officially solved. =)

Guest professor97

13damifino, I for one knew you were not 13 or anywhere too close to that ge. My experience as a writing professor tells me your writing is much too sophisticated for a teenager, and so is your argumentation. Definitely you are not a kid!

Did anyone notice that SJ seemed to wear the same clothes every day that he checked into jail in? I was waiting and hoping to see him comeout in "shiny"pinstripes or neon orange. How comehis mother had to bring him clothes? Hopefully there was some deodorant in there :tongue2:

Guest damifino

^ Well, he isn't trying to impress anyone, so why have a fashion show? :lol: I don't think prisoners in Korea where stripes or even orange, do they? :unsure: Besides, so far, I *think* he's just at the police station, not prison.

I too thought I heard SA say 엄마, 내엄마 (mom, my mom) rather than 엄마, 새엄아 (mom, new/step mom).

The show indicated that SA did accept DJ as her stepmom, but it was TOO quick of a turnaround after months of disliking her. If they had shown SA taking more steps towards it than just overhearing DJ talking to DP about how she wanted to be a good mother to SA and SA buying DJ a facial cream in the last week, but no. The whole scenario seemed too contrived for her to be calling her "mom" all of a sudden.

^ Well, he isn't trying to impress anyone, so why have a fashion show? :lol: I don't think prisoners in Korea where stripes or even orange, do they? :unsure: Besides, so far, I *think* he's just at the police station, not prison.

I too thought I heard SA say 엄마, 내엄마 (mom, my mom) rather than 엄마, 새엄아 (mom, new/step mom).

The show indicated that SA did accept DJ as her stepmom, but it was TOO quick of a turnaround after months of disliking her. If they had shown SA taking more steps towards it than just overhearing DJ talking to DP about how she wanted to be a good mother to SA and SA buying DJ a facial cream in the last week, but no. The whole scenario seemed too contrived for her to be calling her "mom" all of a sudden.

True, but I think it happened over time. We didn't see it, sort oflike MS's miraculous recovery. He wakes from coma and goes home the next day. :huh: Totally unbelievable unless there's some type of time warp. :lol:

Wow...today is the final...

Btw, did granny witch already open the paternity test? Truthly, the storyline's quick speeding recently.

Do anyone know about the rating?

Guest elainecruz63

:blink: Really? DJ pregant at the same time as DP?- Father of the Bride Part II anyone? Aigoo!

where was this posted? :unsure:

Guest ameizeing

ep172 Finale Preview Translation

Granny returns DJ's written undertaking to her and tells her to tear it up. DJ is moved and cries. Aunty Granny hands the DNA results to Granny, who hesitates before opening it. Fast Forward 2 years - DP and DJ go to the Gynae clinic and receive unexpected news. BH gets phone call from DP telling him the news and he rushes to inform MS (I think they are both pregnant as in the video preview both show signs of morning sickness while preparing food in kitchen!) SA returns from Paris for Granny's birthday and reconciles with SJ who's been released from prison. SJ runs into a pregnant JY at the supermarket.

Guest SillyYun

:blink: Really? DJ pregant at the same time as DP?- Father of the Bride Part II anyone? Aigoo!

where was this posted? :unsure:

ep172 Finale Preview Translation

Granny returns DJ's written undertaking to her and tells her to tear it up. DJ is moved and cries. Aunty Granny hands the DNA results to Granny, who hesitates before opening it. Fast Forward 2 years - DP and DJ go to the Gynae clinic and receive unexpected news. BH gets phone call from DP telling him the news and he rushes to inform MS (I think they are both pregnant as in the video preview both show signs of morning sickness while preparing food in kitchen!) SA returns from Paris for Granny's birthday and reconciles with SJ who's been released from prison. SJ runs into a pregnant JY at the supermarket.

WOW WOW WOW!

DJ!?!?!?!

OMG?!!!! I cant believe it..haha awww so total only 172 eps? NOOOOOOO so sad its the end

I'll miss this drama so much and all of u so much

dramaok T_T where are u

Sharing laughter anger and jokes and sadness with soompiers talking about this drama..its so much memories..

Guest nadiasepet

hi MIGOerss.. i've been a silent reader ever since this daily drama started.. i watched the show through kbsw and its kinda slow.. so i kept updating myself by reading this thread.. today's its finale episode.. so i've been wondering where i can watch it online today? can someone gimme the link? thank you :D

Guest elainecruz63

If DJ will get pregnant at the same time with DP... what were the writers thinking????????? MS had an intracebral bleed, went into coma and still has the " capacity" no deficits I guess...I guess the surgery " helped" him instead of the tonic that Granny witch was giving! :tongue2: :unsure::crazy:

Is ir true? Wow...we'll have "pregnant women club" in final episode. :P It means former granny witch's dream is true, it happens to DJ. I wonder how's granny's reaction, having a child and grandchild at the same time :lol:

If DJ will get pregnant at the same time with DP... what were the writers thinking????????? MS had an intracebral bleed, went into coma and still has the " capacity" no deficits I guess...I guess the surgery " helped" him instead of the tonic that Granny witch was giving! :tongue2: :unsure::crazy:

:lol::wacko:

Guest zaeya

Even though everyone wanted DanBaek moments and i don't want to spoil anyone's thunder but after all this i am now convinced that this drama was really about SJ. I think everything else was a back story. DanBaek hooked everyone as the couple we all wanted to see get together which grabbed everyone's attention but the writers used that to thinly veil the fact that the main story is and always was about SJ. especially in the long run his character literally took over most of the show. think about it......

i can't believe that 2day is the final episode!!!i surely going to miss this drama!!Thank GOD that kbs world have a still long way to go...

I surely going to miss everyone who contributed in this thread esp dramaok, bm and also khai..thanks for everything you guys!!!you guys indeed are the best!!I hope you're ok dramaok!!!

Archived