Sample Sales?

Echoe

Who here has ever attended a sample sale?

Sample sales are sales that are held when designers want to get rid of excess merchandise. The ones who know me very well know that I am extremely anti-mainstream and stray away from the wardrobe everyone tends to don. (Sorry, Abercrombie/Hollister/AE fans) Although I do have my designer favorites, I tend to shop at sample sales where I buy clothes from independent designers with high quality merchandise for a fraction of their intended price.

What about you? If you've ever attended a sample sale, do state where you're from and what your best purchase was. And those of you who have yet to try one, check one out in your neighborhood. They're fun to rummage around in, and even better when you snag something you want for a great price. =)

Guest x__simply lost

yuuup!

I went to espirit one earlier this month. I get alot of my updates from styledemocracy.com (for canadians) but most of their posts are for the TO area.

I'm from Toronto, and I used to buy LOADS and LOADS of stuff from the seasonal DKNY sample sales.

(They don't exist anymore btw :tears:)

I would literally buy garbage bags full of clothes =P

Would spend around $400 each season, but I would come back with A LOT of nice clothes =)

Guest xellekimx

you know, i would love to go to a sample sale sometime but i never know where to look!

i see that you're from new york too.. how do you find out when such a sale is going on?

Guest xkimmyxkimx

i went to my first sample sale last month. It was only premium denim and i snagged a pair of Hudsons and J Brand jeans for around $60-70. One word of advice is GET THERE EARLY! i got there about an hour after the sale opened and all of the more "popular brands" (ie sevens, rock & republics, Citizens) were gone T_T

Guest miss adorablexd

ooo someone should update if they know when there is a sample sale. i never been to one. new yorker here byt he way

Guest AMIbunny

Sample Sales?? I never heard of these...How can i find out where they are available???/ >< eeek i'd really like to go to one

Guest illumine*

^ me neither. never heard of one until now.

edit: oh wait, maybe i have. the aritzia one. does that count? =S

Guest aquapoppie

Just went to Rock and Republic sample sale last month... I was in heaven, haha. I found all these rare and unreleased samples and I was carrying 20+ pairs of jeans... what a workout!

I spent $1,xxx :ph34r: but it was worth it~

Guest tuttyfruit

i always wanted to go to sample sales yet ive been at only one in l.a., cali..i forgot the name but its like a mall, its in the la fashion center? or something like that.they didnt have good stuff.. but imma look for other sample sales. i wish i lived in nyc, i heard there are many great sample saless!

Just went to Rock and Republic sample sale last month... I was in heaven, haha. I found all these rare and unreleased samples and I was carrying 20+ pairs of jeans... what a workout! I spent $1,xxx :ph34r: but it was worth it~
i see youre from la. where in la did you for the rock and republic sample sale? i would love to go there and spend more than a grand on numerous pairs of jeans like you did! lucky gal!!!

Guest pink1e

ooohhh I finally get to bump something...

Sample Sales in New York

What: Peter Som

Why: All the modern elegance and refined sexiness you can fit into for $75-$500 (instead of $400-$5,000).

When: July 25-27. Wed. & Thurs., 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Fri., 9 a.m.-2 p.m.

Where: 260 W. 39th St., b/t Seventh & Eighth Aves., 5th flr.

What: Tevrow+Chase

Why: Dresses starting at $100, shorts starting at $60, sweaters and shirts starting at $40, jackets starting at $125.

When: July 26. Thurs., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.

Where: 416 W. 13th St., b/t Ninth Ave. & Washington St., ste. 313.

What: Lafco New York

Why: Wholesale and below prices for the best of the best soaps, candles, and lifestyle goods from Arte & Cuoio, Claus Porto, Lorenzo Villoresi, and more.

When: July 25-27. Wed.-Fri., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.

Where: 161 Sixth Ave., b/t Spring & Vandam Sts.

What: Christopher Deane/Sophia Eugene

Why: Up to 80 percent off femme designs, plus Melanie Dizon handbags and Etro and Missoni shoes.

When: Thru July 29. Mon.-Sat., noon-8 p.m.; Sun., noon-6 p.m.

Where: 37 Cornelia St., b/t Bleecker & W. 4th Sts. (212-488-2124).

What: Giggle

Why: Up to 50 percent off Nurseryworks, Tea, Oeuf, Stokke, and Cabana Life. Think about the children.

When: Thru July 29. Mon.-Sat., 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sun., noon-6 p.m.

Where: 120 Wooster St., b/t Prince & Spring Sts. (212-334-5817).

----------------------------------------

Yup, that's all for now.

these prob aren't for soompiers tastes though there might be a rare few..

But may I say that denim/purse/any good sample sales are kept secret within a circle =)

I'm just posting what I got in a NYC fashion email.

Oh and sample sales are very seasonal to my knowledge but NYC has a lot throughout the year and so does LA.. +jealous much+

Guest pink1e

^ Here's some for LA

What: Ella Moss and Splendid

Why: Those comfy tops, dresses, sweats, and other whatnots for women, tweens, and kids are 50-75 percent off.

When: July 21 & 22. Sat., 9 a.m.-4 p.m.; Sun., 9 a.m.-1 p.m.

Where: 3751 S. Hill St., near Broadway, Chinatown.

What: Stila Warehouse Sale

Why: Up to 80 percent off gloss, mascara, cover-up, and other war paint.

When: July 21. Sat., 8 a.m.-4 p.m.

Where: 11128 Gault St., b/t Fair & Case Aves., North Hollywood.

What: Multidesigner Sample Sale

Why: Vanitas of California dresses, N.Fem basics, and Wilen knits at up to 65 percent off.

When: July 21. Sat., noon-4 p.m.

Where: 7600 Melrose Ave., at Curson Ave., ste. n., West Hollywood (310-567-2484).

What: Cadeau Maternity

Why: Spring and summer essentials at up to 70 percent off.

When: July 24 & 25. Tues. & Wed., 10 a.m.-7 p.m.

Where: 8113 Melrose Ave., b/t Kilkea Dr. & Crescent Heights Blvd., West Hollywood (323-297-2000).

What: Linea Pelle

Why: Belts and handbags sold at Bergdorf Goodman and Saks are 70 percent off.

When: July 27 & 28. Fri., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m.-4 p.m.

Where: 2222 Barry Ave., near Olympic Blvd., West Los Angeles.

What: Fashion Co-Op

Why: Clothing, handbags, and accessories by indie designers such as Zoë Chicco and Random Nicole at 40-80 percent off.

When: Jul 27 & 28. VIP preview ($50 in advance or $60 at the door), Fri., 8-11 p.m.; sale ($3 with R.S.V.P. or $5 at the door), Sat., 10 a.m.-4 p.m.

Where: Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, 1855 Main St., near Pico Blvd., Santa Monica.

What: Carolina Herrera

Why: Couture on the cheap(er). Bridal gowns, veils, eveningwear, and Manolo Blahnik shoes are up to 50 percent off.

When: July 26-28. Thurs.-Sat., 10 a.m.-6 p.m. By appointment only.

Where: 8441 Melrose Pl., b/t Alfred St. & Croft Ave., West Hollywood (323-782-9090).

What: April May

Why: Up to 90 percent off spring merch.

When: July 26 & 27. Thurs., 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Fri., 9 a.m.-1 p.m.

Where: 22809 Pacific Coast Hwy., b/t Sweetwater Canyon Dr. & Malibu Pier, ste. 210, Malibu (310-456-3306).

What: Multidesigner

Why: Take 50-70 percent off Lily McNeal, Park Vogel, 12th Street by Cynthia Vincent, Deener, and a few more.

When: July 27 & 28. Fri., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sat., 11 a.m.-3 p.m.

Where: Cooper Building, 860 S. Los Angeles St., b/t Eighth & Ninth Sts., stes. 415 & 422, Downtown.

What: Mon Petit Oiseau

Why: Unfussy dresses, sweaters, tops, and pants are up to 70 percent off.

When: July 28. Sat., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

Where: 6670 Flotilla St., at Garfield Ave., Downtown (323-727-8090).

What: Multidesigner Sample Sale

Why: Chloé, Prada, Phillip Lim, and more women’s clothing and accessories at wholesale and below.

When: Thru July 31. Mon.-Sat., 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sun., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.

Where: Cosentino’s, 21201 Pacific Coast Hwy., north of Las Flores Canyon Rd., Malibu (213-840-1664).

Not sure what you like but these are what I dug up =)

Guest .:precious:.

yea ive heard of these before but ive never really went I would lOVEE to go though! =D

How can i find out where they are available??

Guest mmitsjojo

you know, i would love to go to a sample sale sometime but i never know where to look!

i see that you're from new york too.. how do you find out when such a sale is going on?

i believe they currently have one in soho for r&r, SFAM, etc.

i subscribed to the email for sample sales, i dont know if its still going on, but i went there a while back & they have nothing good =\

Guest Honey_Babee

I'm from Toronto, and I used to buy LOADS and LOADS of stuff from the seasonal DKNY sample sales.

(They don't exist anymore btw :tears:)

I would literally buy garbage bags full of clothes =P

Would spend around $400 each season, but I would come back with A LOT of nice clothes =)

aww man, they have some at spadina. but the selection is not as nice. though u do get the occasional r&r for a good price^^

Archived