Tian Xia Wu Shuang - 天下无双 - By Jane Zhang

Guest .ice.fate.

Guest .ice.fate.

translation of title: (a love) unparalleled under the sky

I never thought I'd do this song because it's insanely high...and jane zhang is such an awesome singer. so I didn't want to do a half assed job and come out with something that's painful to listen to.

but then i heard this arrangement and i just loved the chant in the beginning.

so i thought what the heck, i'll give it a shot.

I haven't sang nor recorded anything in months, so be nice. haha. but critiques are welcome.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=618003

• 1 month later...
Guest aspoon

ya. this is song is insanely high. haha. really nice,

i think you can challenge more high pitch song,

cause your high pitch is quite clean.

and not those sound that will hurt people ear.

so i really like it,

jia you!

Guest chashek

o.O wow... it really is quite high... nice work :)

by the way you post read, I thought you'd done worse than you actually did XP

hm... think I'm going to listen to the original now... >.>

Guest aiyashisuey

ive never heard of a singer named jane zhang before. is she from taiwan?

you seriously have like a super nice voice. im envious.

the notes were a little pitchy. just keep practicing! its a hard song so JIA YOUU!!! =]

Guest Dungie

I was surprised that someone had attempted such a difficult song. In comparing your version with the original, I would say that she placed more emotions into her voice and the lyrics. It's understandable though because those notes take a lot of concentration to hit, and you did hit most of them. :) I'm really impressed with your vocal range. Once you practice this song enough time and have a better control of the pitch, then you'll be comfortable enough to throw more emotion into your voice.

Overall though, really good job! I listened to your other song as well. You have a lovely voice!

• 2 months later...
Guest .ice.fate.

i haven't been on soompi for a while because i've been super super busy

so i missed all of your lovely comments back when you first posted

but thank you!

and you guys are right....i was definitely straining (mentally and physically) during the song....so the emotions are more flat than I'd like

it was a real challenge for me because i don't usually sing pure soprano...and this song is definitely soprano....but i wanted to test my high range and what better way to do that than to sing a song that's insanely high?

during my entire recording process i was thinking: float your notes so you don't crack....float these notes.....hahhahaha

Guest dark intuitions

This is the one song I would learn chinese to sing. Because its just so cool.

I think you did a pretty good job with it. I think you need to make your strong voice a little more effortless, but you hit those highs pretty well =)

Guest SillyCookie

woah, that's really good. When I saw someone sang this song, I instantly clicked it because I wondered how such a song would turn out hehe. You've done it great justice :D It sounded really good. Keep up the good work!

Guest .ice.fate.

thanks guys!

i'm glad you liked it

i think i got it as "effortless" as i could make it while trying to dig out these high notes

i treated it as a training exercise...lol...to work on my upper register

and now i feel more comfortable singing high....if only because i spent an entire evening screeching out this song and scarying my neighbours

Guest .ice.fate.

OMG i love this song..and i think you did a great job..but maybe a lil more emotion

ya i definitely agree with the emotion thing

at times i think i emoted ok

the problem was...this song was paiiiinful to sing

not pain as in physical pain...but really challenging for me

not a style or range i'm used to singing in

so i had to focus so much on the singing itself...a lot of the time i couldn't just enjoy the music

still lots of room for improvement

• 2 weeks later...
Guest crystallizedtear

omg :o i love this song... and your singing is really good =) sometimes it did sound like you were straining, but barely. keep singing, your voice is awesome =) i'm so envious~

Archived