So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Guest vudoolady

He is really what they called "angel" man.....he did not sleep since he arrived at the funeral home and helped Park's family to take care of all arrangement of the funeral. He comforted Park's parents and promised to be their "son".....he even paid the bill for them.......

I also read the news that he had paid everything for the funeral and promised PYH's parents to be there for them as their real "son" ... Can't believe that such kind hearted people like SJS still exist. He's really an angel.

Their deep and long lasting friendship is extremely rare in the showbizz. I'm so glad SJS & PYH had found each other. Although PYH is already gone but their friendship will live forever.

Time will heal the wound. I believe you will overcome this So Ji Sub ssi.

I'm also very happy that I had made the right choice falling for this man. He's not only an overwhelming sexy man, a splendid actor, but above all that a great human being. I'm proud to be your fan!

Wave to all chingu's here!!!

SJS is really a very nice guy and you can see he shows genuine concern for PYH.

I hope he can overcome this sorrow. Hope his other friends will be there to support him in this difficult times.

I also read the news that he had paid everything for the funeral and promised PYH's parents to be there for them as their real "son" ...

Still seing oppa crying in pictures . Can't get over this .. so tragic !!

Jisub oppa , be strong !!! It's heart breaking for me too . I use to listen his music .. his voice now is even more precious .. i know what you can feel .. life goes on .. so easy to say .. so easy .. but it's true .. pain will lost , memory of pain will remain .. We have to live with that pain and that pain will be part of our life . Just can say , BE STRONG ! and .. So so so so .. sorry for losting a good friend .

Guest didibabez1

he is an angel. he has inspired me to be a better person also. So Ji Sub, i love you. Take care of you!!!

Jang Dong-gun Tops CNN's List of Korea's Hottest Male Stars

Jang Dong-gun, Won Bin, and Bae Yong-joon are Korea's top three hottest male celebrities, according to CNN's Asian website CNNGO. The website featured a list of "Korea's 20 hottest male celebs."

Joo Jin-mo was a surprising fourth over more popular stars Zo In-sung (fifth), So Ji-sub (ninth), Rain (10th) and Lee Min-ho (12th).

Ha Jung-woo, who came in 20th, was introduced as an "action star," while 48-year-old veteran actor Choi Min-sik made the list at 17th place.

Also on the list were Lee Jun-ki, Daniel Henney, Denis Oh, Yoon Sang-hyun, Kim Hyun-joong, Kim Bum, Jang Keun-suk, Lee Seung-gi, Song Seung-hun and Kwon Sang-woo.

Credit : Chosun Ilbo

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2010/07/06/2010070600843.html

Guest inezjang

I also read the news that he had paid everything for the funeral and promised PYH's parents to be there for them as their real "son" ... Can't believe that such kind hearted people like SJS still exist. He's really an angel.

Their deep and long lasting friendship is extremely rare in the showbizz. I'm so glad SJS & PYH had found each other. Although PYH is already gone but their friendship will live forever.

I'm also very happy that I had made the right choice falling for this man. He's not only an overwhelming sexy man, a splendid actor, but above all that a great human being. I'm proud to be your fan!

speaking my mind..

another reason why we love this man..hottie with a heart..

let's hope JiSub is doing fine now..it's not easy i know but he must know he has awesome fans who love him..

hugz* to all!!

Hi vudoolady, Right, SJS isn’t only a friend in word but in deed – this is the very words I could describe him! I read that he was the first person who was there at the mortuary & stayed there throughout the funeral proceedings. And much more, he paid all the funeral expenses. He also promised to take care of PYH’s parents. I’m so touched by his actuations, his caring much more when I saw his photo crying while holding PYH’s pics. I do envy PYH to have a true friend like him. I hope he’s fine & strong now – he deserves it. I hope I could also find a true friend like that, too. He’s so kind & a great friend. I like SJS as an actor & he’s one in a million as a friend because of this I respect him so much. You seldom find a friend like that, this is very hard to find. I’m sure PYH is smiling watching over him. I’m still sad of the fact that he died though. :mellow:

Guest didibabez1

I'll love you forever So Ji Sub!! NO man can compare to you. You are just too good to be true....

July 8, 2010

Strong, silent and addicted to action

I’m not interested in playing a ‘nice guy.’

07204836.jpg

Every Wednesday and Thursday night there is a war of sorts - between three of the hottest actors on television.

Kim Nam-gil plays a bad guy on SBS and Yoon Si-yoon steals the hearts of women who are addicted to pretty boys on KBS.

So Ji-sub, the most popular of the three, has returned to the screen after a yearlong absence and is currently playing a soldier longing for his first love in the war drama “Road No. 1” on MBC.

So says he was attracted to this role because of the similarities between himself and his character, Lee Jang-woo.

In a recent interview at a cafe in Cheongdam-dong, southern Seoul, So said of his character, “He loves and only thinks of Su-yeon [Jang-woo’s first love] and I like his pure heart. We’re pretty similar in that sense.”

This is So’s first role since his appearance in the TV drama “Cain and Abel,” which aired from February to April last year.

In the new drama, as in previous programs, So plays the strong and silent type - he is a man of few words but has a warm heart.

The show has a budget of about 13 billion won ($10.6 million) for 20 episodes, which is equivalent to the average budget for a major motion picture.

Here are excerpts from an interview with him.

Q. Despite the astronomical production costs, the audience share is less than expected. How do you feel about that?

A. Audience share isn’t that important at this point because the drama has just started. We have a lot more to offer.

Some say the plot moves too quickly for the average viewer to follow. How would you respond to that?

07204849.jpg

For me, it was a little fast but there are many other dramas that unfold at a faster pace. This seems like it is the newest trend and I just hope the audience can adapt.

Was it difficult to shoot such a physically demanding drama?

Most of the scenes were battle scenes but I can still manage. [Laughs.] Other than that, I tried hard to avoid the sun. I put sunscreen on whenever I had time. I also used a facial mask after filming but as production intensified, I had no time to care for my skin.

You’ve been injured many times while doing this drama. You hurt your retinas during an explosion scene and your body was covered with scratches and bruises throughout the four-month production process. Your last film “Rough Cut” (2008) was also full of action scenes and you seem to prefer action-packed projects. Is that true?

I feel comfortable when I do these roles. I’m not interested in playing a “nice guy.”

You’ve worked with actors your age [mid-30s] but this time you’ve teamed up with veteran actor Choi Min-soo. What was that like?

I’ve realized that growing older makes you a better actor. I was surprised to see that he can communicate so much without saying a word. He complimented me, as well, saying that I’m the type of actor who will have a long career.

What would you like to do next?

Maybe a spine-chilling villain like the Joker from “The Dark Knight” (2008). But I know I’ve been doing strong characters over the past years. I’m thinking about doing something softer next time, like a romantic comedy.

By Shim Su-mi [so@joongang.co.kr]

Credit : JoongAngDaily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2922851

Guest cosmiclatte

I've liked So Ji Sub's works..but I wasn't really a follower..

These few days I'm really surprised and touched.

My respect for him has shot up overnight..This is an amazing man here.

Guest Leena651

Nice article~ thanks willenett for sharing :D

I agree with Jisub... I want him to take on a comedy role... Romantic Comedy like in Sofia...

Guest khin myint

July 8, 2010

Strong, silent and addicted to action

I’m not interested in playing a ‘nice guy.’

I believe him :huh: he did the best on my very first his drama "I'm sorry I love you" character is the best acting skill for him. Thanks sis willenette for sharing...

And just want to share how's generous and gentlemen So Ji Sub is....

So Ji Sub bore the full expenses of Park Yong Ha’s funeral

2010070215492194587_2.jpg

The tragedy of Park Yong Ha’s suicide has left many in the world saddened, and

especially So Ji Sub who was the first to reach the mortuary upon learning about his best

friend’s death and staying throughout the funeral proceedings.

It was revealed recently that So Ji Sub had bore the full expenses of Park Yong Ha’s

funeral which was no small amount to begin with. He apparently also told Park Yong

Ha’s parents during the funeral, “From now on, I am also your son.”

So Ji Sub’s actions has left netizens touched, envious (of their friendship) and impressed

with So Ji Sub for showing what true friendship is all about.

So Ji Sub’s agency said, “We did not want to publicize this matter, so we aren’t sure how

this got out. So Ji Sub himself does not want to talk about this, so we hope that there

won’t be reports about it and that Park Yong Ha can rest in peace.”

They added, “So Ji Sub will be taking a break and resume work later, as he is totally

drained of energy handling the funeral and grieving for his best friend.”

source; allkpop

So Ji Sub is such an amazing person. ;___;

Guest inezjang

I've liked So Ji Sub's works..but I wasn't really a follower..

These few days I'm really surprised and touched.

My respect for him has shot up overnight..This is an amazing man here.

thanks for the post..he is..!

Guest vudoolady

So Ji Sub bore the full expenses of Park Yong Ha’s funeral...

You have my deepest respect SJS ssi.

I'm glad that he'll be taking a break,

that's the best thing for him right now.

What would you like to do next?

Maybe a spine-chilling villain like the Joker from “The Dark Knight” (2008). But I know I’ve been doing strong characters over the past years. I’m thinking about doing something softer next time, like a romantic comedy.

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2922851

I really like the Joker a lot. It would be amazing if SJS can act an exceptional character like that. On the other hand it would be refreshing doing some comedy next time. But honestly I don't think a typical rom-com will work for him since most of comical roles tend to be so cheesy and superficial. Still, there are good comedies though, but rather rare. Hopefully SJS will consider carefully for his next project.

I'm so sorry, bad news keeps coming... :(

Kim Hyun Joo's father just passed away yesterday.

My sincere condolences.

shyardflower.jpg

SJS paid final respect to his friend's father.

100708_ssongA2.jpg

1_L_1278517016.jpg

Now a little bit of good funny trivia news...

Base on a recent poll from www.maxmovie.com, netizen have chosen So Ji Sub and Han Hyo Joo as no.1 partner to go on vacation with. SJS beat all his rivals by receiving 55% of the votes.

Male:

1. So Ji Sub 55%

2. Kim Nam Gil 16,1%

3. Kang Ji Hwan 11,6%

Female:

1. Han Hyo Joo

2. Park Jin Hee

3. Han Ga In

201007071534111001_1.jpg

1278493825-35.jpg

2010070724827_2010070791901.jpg

20100707_1278487313_1.jpg

2009123121334144628_1.jpg

2010070719032521.jpg

20100707_1278486372_68880300_1.jpg

201007071518771235_1.jpg

Nate, DC

Another poll but also from the same www.maxmovie.com, most of the votes once again went to SJS as no. 1 male star with the hottest body in swimwear (54% of the votes). Lee Hyori is no. 1 female star.

Male:

1. So Ji Sub 54,1%

2. Rain 18.1%

3. Cha Seung Won 10%

Female:

1. Lee Hyo Ri

2. Jessica Gomez

3. Shin Se Kyung

201007081636772937_1.jpg

20100708170903_2f76fa3e.jpg

ae_1278577501_97113602_0.jpg

SSI_20100708172954_V.jpg

201007081725481001_1.jpg

2010070973157_2010070998131.jpg

20100709_1278635565_86129800_1.jpg

201007090747772491_1.jpg

201007091028141111_1.jpg

09_71913.jpg

dcf73bf2ac2c60e644b1e0551a5bbbc6.jpg

Nate, DC

This is really happy news!

So Ji Sub extended his contract with Sieg Fahrenheit for 2 more years.

Fotoshoot for the winter catalogue.

web02360.jpg

web001183.jpg

DC

I really like the Joker a lot. It would be amazing if SJS can act an exceptional character like that. On the other hand it would be refreshing doing some comedy next time. But honestly I don't think a typical rom-com will work for him since most of comical roles tend to be so cheesy and superficial. Still, there are good comedies though, but rather rare. Hopefully SJS will consider carefully for his next project.

Hi vudoolady, I very much agree with you - that he'd try to do a comedy or a melodrama for his next project. I hope not the action-type this time - Honestly, action/war dramas & movies are really hard to shoot. SJS is really a great actor & want to see him once again in an intense role. :lol:

[ChanMi's drama news] So Ji-sub, best at eating while crying?

12244_20585_4915.jpg

On the fifth episode of "Road No. 1", there is a scene where So Ji-sub has a meal and cries.

This was a turning point for the drama.

Viewers felt very touched and felt sorry for So's character.

12244_20587_4930.jpg12244_20586_4921.jpg

Source : news.nate.com

Translation : Hancinema

Guest Leena651

I'm glad to hear Jisub is on a week break. I hope he goes off to an island to rest and rejuvenates himself. Losing anyone you love is the hardest thing in life. However, Jisub is a strong person and he'll over come it and be ready to embrace PYH's upcoming Bday...

Luv you, Jisub!!!

Hang Sang Hang Bok Ee Ga Deuk Ha Si Gil!

FIGHTING!!!

Guest nana544

Greetings to all SJS fans :),

Indeed, SJS is such a talented actor...I'm very happy that we all can talk and share about SJS here :). I'll be looking forward to more good News and movies and dramas from SJS :).

Guest Smelly Tofu

I strated watching road no. 1 yesterday...i just can't believe how much he have changed since the Bali days...his face and eyes look so different...well DUH! maturing and ageing plays in but he just gets hotter by the day...I love his current healthy looks...he was too white before

his acting talent is so great..he made jang woo..I believe...a believable character..love it

*** I completely agree about RAIN & SJS. SJS is also tall. At least, it adds-up to this kind of stuff. If you have the height you should have a good & sexy body. And Hyori - not surprised at all. :lol:

Which Kcelebs have the hottest bods?

sojisubleehyori_20100708_seoulbeats.jpg

In a survey done by movie tickets site MaxMovie.com, voting was done to see who fans think have the Hottest Bods amongst male and female Korean celebrities. The survey was held online from July 5 – 11 with 2,847 people responding. The overwhelming winners were actor So Ji Sub and the Queen of Kpop Lee Hyori. Here’s a look at the results.

Male Kcelebs with the Hottest Bodies:

1. So Ji sub with an overwhelming 54.1%.

sojisub_20100709_seoulbeats-234x300.jpg

2. World Star and Ninja Assassin, Rain.

3. This ahjusshi still got it, actor Cha Seung Won

4. The Slave Hunter himself, Jang Hyuk.

5. The goofy beast of 2PM, Taec.

6. 2AM’s kkap leader, Jo Kwon

7. The young Ninja Assassin, MBLAQ’s Lee Joon.

8. Choi Siwon, who all Elfs owe their gratitude to for inspiring the rest of Super Junior to work out more.

Female Kcelebs with the Hottest Bodies:

1. Lee Hyori with 49.7% of the vote.

(skipped............)

I think their Hot Body list from the survey is varied and fairly accurate. I know there a lot of everyone’s favorites missing like say 2AM’s Changmin, but everyone can’t make it to the top. Did your favorite celeb with a rockin’ body make the list?

cr: AsianEconomies, www.maxmovie.com, seoulbeats

Guest khin myint

Which Kcelebs have the hottest bods?

Male Kcelebs with the Hottest Bodies:

1. So Ji sub with an overwhelming 54.1%.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Thanks sis willenette .. love ya!

*wave* to all jisub fans... hope our man feel better with this result....