少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread

Guest Soy

I'm another fan of Himnae :lol:. Upon seeing their first performance, I actually preferred Himnae (for both the song and the dance). I like hearing them sing in a lower pitch because I think it shows more strength in their voices.. but maybe it's just me? Plus, it sort of has a rockish feeling to it.. which was what I expected from their new concept ^^.

But... Gee is slowly growing on me so it'll be hard for me to choose :P. Maybe I'll learn the dance for Gee eventually :wub:. Gee gee gee gee, baby baby~

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know if this was mentioned before... but did anyone notice

that tiff seems to be making her voice sound more 'mature'? i mean

when she hits long/high-ish notes, her voice gets deeper into the

more mature sound~

maybe it was just me...

-Rebecca

yeah. You're right, Tiffany's voice's definitely gotten better. Stronger and more controlled than before~

Taeyeon, I don't know what to say, such a dedicated workaholic. It makes me sad to see her so tired and worn out. It much be really tiring...get better soon Taengooooo~~~

and the other girls too, stay healthy and strong!!

Guest asdfhjkl;

First time posting here!

I'm just getting into SNSD, and I really like them! I've always known them (but never believed in all the negativity), but never got the push to actually find out more about them, but Gee finally did it for me! It was stuck in my head all day today, haha.

I'm still trying to learn everyone's names, I think I have almost everyone's down. So far my favorites are Tiffany and Taeyeon, but I'm sure that once I get to know everyone more, I'll like every single member. It happens with every group I like <3 And I must say that I think Yoona really stood out in the Gee MV to me. She looked especially beautiful.

I'll probably be visiting this thread a lot more from now on, I'm really quite excited for this year, they have a lot going on. Hopefully they won't be too overworked, but that seems unlikely. Sigh.

Guest taranutan

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but the letter g looks like 9 (BTW if I'm not wrong the korean character for 9 is the same as that for "long-lasting"). I really admire the care, patience and consistency which goes into packaging this album/group. It's really professional. The tying of track 4 to Yoona's recent TV drama title, the album title and release schedule, the careful cultivation of the group image (every one of them introduced herself as 소녀시대 in every single public occasion)... if these girls could hang on together for another couple of years, they would be legendary. Anyway I have a feeling their next album will be their greatest yet (Gee is just foot-dip b4 the big splash).

Another thing is (IMHO of course) people miss the point when they talk about this voice or that in the group. When you hear Taeyeon singing solo, it's not the same voice as Taeyeon singing in the group. One of the cool things in the 소녀시대 sound is the backup voices.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but the letter g looks like 9. I really admire the care, patience and consistency which goes into packaging this album/group. It's really professional. The tying of track 4 to Yoona's recent TV drama title, the album title and release schedule, the careful cultivation of the group image (every one of them introduced herself as 소녀시대 in every single public occasion)... if these girls could hang on together for another couple of years, they would be legendary. Anyway I have a feeling their next album will be their greatest yet.

They're amazing when it comes to putting the group first. Even when Yoona does interviews she talks about the group and gets the word out there. Same when Tiffany, Taeyeon, and the rest of the girls do solo projects. It's even better when they introduce themselves plainly as "SNSD" with no names even when there's only 3 of them in a group promoting or helping out with something. These girls are extremely aware of the group mentality and I love that. Like their bond is truly something else, almost epic. IDK if new fans know this but Taeyeon talked about how the girls have like "5-minute" circle talks where they would talk about their days with each other and I thought that was the cutest thing ever and still do.

just Wanna say i am SORRY SNSD best Group ever

i am sorry snsd for my bad things i say about u

forgive i was blind and dont see how cute anf sweet girls u are

i really love u now and my best is (YoonA - Jessica -Tiffany -YuRI)

and promise to love u and u my best girls band

aaaawww glad that you like the gals now^^

i'm sure snsd will feel happy ^_^

I wish that too because I like both groups. Anyway's the way to go performance was awesome. Do they really play instruments are is that a set up for their performances? I liked it kind of rockish edge to it. I think they really pull that feel and vibe off well. And they seem very versatile because they can go from that rock edge to cute again I like it.

mmmm for that perf they not playing the instrument coz you can see the real player at teh back but i'm sure Seohyun really play the keyboard

coz from the way she play it doesnt look like faking it, not to mention she can play classic piano and lil violin so yah hahaha

wahhh i likes fany's straight hair in that new pictures....but sad no yul..

i read at SSF that Yuri now in the hospital T_T idk since when, maybe since that pic taken

Guest ningmeng

our girls should really take care of themselves.

ESP TAEYEON!

how many times have she gotten sick these few months?

she's seriously overworked!

and the rest of the girls too!

its painful to see our 4 girls with the most energy in every events and interview to be sick!

GET WELL!

speaking of which. yoona must be a strong little deer because she had one of the most hectic schedule but still standing strong!

Album Sales (according to Hanteo) *January 7th to January 13*

It is still January 13th in seoul right now, it is 1:53am EST, and 3:53pm Seoul Time, so the sales are not exactly precise right now.

Total: 24 059

21 559 + Today's Sales (2500)

2500 is just a rough estimate guys, so Soy's prediction of getting 25 000 album sales in one week is going to happen.

Muz Daily Chart

1. Gee

14. Way to Go (Himnae)

33. Let's talk about Love

Mnet Top 300

1. Gee

19. Way to Go (Himnae)

Naver Music Top 100

1. Gee

-edit-

Dosirak HOT 100

1. Gee

19. Way to Go (Himnae)

MusicOn Top 100

1. Gee

28. Way to Go

AND BTW, Let's Talk about Love is also in many of these lists, I was just too lazy to put up the numbers. Destiny and Dear Mom are also in some of the lists.

Album Sales (according to Hanteo) *January 7th to January 13*

It is still January 13th in seoul right now, it is 1:53am EST, and 3:53pm Seoul Time, so the sales are not exactly precise right now.

Total: 24 059

21 559 + Today's Sales (2500)

2500 is just a rough estimate guys, so Soy's prediction of getting 25 000 album sales in one week is going to happen.

Muz Daily Chart

1. Gee

14. Way to Go (Himnae)

33. Let's talk about Love

Mnet Top 300

1. Gee

19. Way to Go (Himnae)

Naver Music Top 100

1. Gee

wow i believe they will pass 25,000 today

that's like wew >.<

oh good to see them back on top

beside those 3 charts they're still #1??

OK ALL CHARTS #1

but Cyworld :

- Gee at #2

- Himnae #19

- Melon TOP 100

1. Gee

c.orangesmartie92

Guest Senorita_

"We have become stronger during the break!" 9 member female group SNSD opened the door to year 2009 and started to engage in active promotion of the mini album, 'Gee', after 8 months break.

I love their teamwork! Soshi's bond is really close and special <3 I'm happy they'll be doing 2nd promotions. I hope it'll be Destiny, cos that's one of my favourite song in the mini-album!

SNSD at SBS Inkigayo backstage

Aw~ The girls' look so pretty and sweet ^^

Guys tomorrow is Chinchin bora (viewable radio) so for the times & how to stream it's on the Soshified Calendar.. but the cool part is right after PKL's Starry Night is going to be bora as well with the girls so we get 2 back to back radios with them. Lee Sooyoung is the temporary DJ for Starry Night and the girls are going to be singing "La La La" with Yoonsang on the radio show, so look forward to that.

OMG! I really love La La La, the girls' will do great singing this song =) Can't wait to hear them. And I hope the girls' will get better soon. It sucks to have the flu during their come back T^T

i'll look forward for their 2nd promotion song of the GEE mini albumm ^^

i hope it will be either Way to go or Let's talk about loveeee..^^ kekekekek

soshi's album sale is closer to the 25000 mark.... SO HAPPY!!!!

DONT forget to stream chin chin tonite!!!... soshi is there... cant wait to see it!

Guest luumanhgirl

OMGeee...Gee is 1st place in Muz now.It is so fast.Our girls have chance to win No.1 in Music bank this week.I hope it will happen....Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby...

So sad...Our Yul,Tae,Soo Young,Sunny are sick.Especial Yul and Tae,they look tired and exhauted.S♥ne don't want to see them like this,S♥ne want to see healthy girls.Must be strong..plz..

Congratulation...!!!!I believe our gilrs will creat new record with 25.000 copies are sold in first week.

Let's go Soshi...Let's go...

Welcome new mems...!!I hope you will visit this thread more often.

thanks for the recent sales orangesmartie92 and LaBelle

himnae is climbing the charts pretty quick

i'm amazed at how observant the fans are

taeyeon at music core comeback

1525d8014969879571ac4ejl9.gif

haha, i found this funny; also from music core comeback

e0006538496996682ff66sx3.gif

090112 Taeyeon at ChinChin

92c74b808b28030769f4cd6zo5.jpg

ff60246dc83a8aebc8b533fkz5.jpg

ad1a8dc38f67565a62dc891cy8.gif

fc170a2b02f30c01a5fd158jq7.gif

medicine doesn't taste good, but it's going to help you get better xD

d6b5eaffe102e11264a8e38ln3.gif

ahh, Taeng don't drink so much coffee when you're sick U_U

3792e6ad36c109aa03436bbnq0.gif

helro~

771906c1085b008716014b1qt8.jpg

credit: as tagged + sosiz

Guest zahieyjunki

back again!!

i have to backtrack at least 10 pages since my last post!!~

duhh.. this thread moving so fast yeay!!

i love inki performance!!

they look so dashing with only white tees & jeans!!

So Nyuh Shi Dae - Gee 2nd Come Back Stage @ Music Popularity 090111

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPBCFUSEKe0

thnx ningmeng for the link!!!

are they singing live on this show?

loll~ sunny my sunshine!! she so cute~!!

i'm still in process to download inki performance!!!

in my collection now, only have the one at mucore only!!

the one yoona playing with the guitar arghhh~

can't bare with it!!

jaefan thnx for the link!!

i do love jeny but they can't beat my taengsic love <3!!!

haha~ all the way baby!!!

gerardd & j.a*star thnx for the caps!! love you~!!

karen i never notice that yoona wore the deer bracelet!!

are those gift from ssf? loll~

where did you find yoona's one?

you edit the pic? fabulous!!!

sunsica so adorable baby!!

the girls doing great by achive above 20k in just a week?

amajinggg!!!

2 full album will be end of the year??

sure? positive??

arghh!!! weee~

can't happier more than this!!

btw, is there any news about seoul music award?

last year the girls won 2 awards right??

how bout this year? i want to see they performing gee!!

about 2nd single song, i bet it will be dear mom or lets talk about love!!!

can't choose between those two!!

miya thnx for backstage pics!!

love sica!~!

yea, yuri look so weak due to gee performance!!

plzz get well soon!~

already 1 million viewers on gomtv? woah!! good2!!

thnx for posting all the pics here!! without you guys, i would be so far behind!!!

thnx all s<one rockzz!~~!

not again i topped the page!!!

lucky today ha!~

Guest nightmare.

heechul lover : welcome... and it's ok. now you're realized they are sweet girls. you can be a S⑉NE ...

wow..Gee no.1 at MUZ?

and the sales. i can't believe it..

Is it just in Korea or not???

I'm sure they can pass it until 100,000

Thanks guys for the pics and gifs and links...

Thanks for sharing

Oo.. and the fan account is sweet how they are show their love to S⑉NEs

They crying when they recorded Dear Mom??

But they can sing it beautifully..

TIFFANY TO BECOME A COOK

Reportedly, SBS will air "Battle Star Chef" on 27th Jan.

Tiffany is going to team up with Lee SeungChul and they will compete with other teams as Park SooHong - Yoo SeYoon team and Kwon OhJung - Lee YoungEun team.

credits: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200901131738391001

LOLL I can't imagine what it should be like if Sica went on the show :lol:

and it would be even more fun if Fany got to team up with another snsd member haha

^

i kinda wish other members tho but tiff hahaha can she cook? XD

just hope no haters will asdfghjk over this again maybe like "ugh wth is she doing she make the wrong dishes, why she doesnt let him chop the carrot" ROFL XD you know silly comments

but i cant wait to see it hahaha cooking XD if bout cooking i wanna see Sica more lol XD

Guest funnygurl_11

hi... i don't think i've posted anything here yet.. i've always been a silent reader, but i'm quite active in soshified.. my post may seem a spam, but can anyone help me?? it seems that SSF is down, or is it just my computer?? i can't load it, in case i won't be able to access SSF, anyone knows the links for bora of chinchin and pkl starry?? for tonight??

thanks in advance~~^_^

Guest kimjihyee

hi... i don't think i've posted anything here yet.. i've always been a silent reader, but i'm quite active in soshified.. my post may seem a spam, but can anyone help me?? it seems that SSF is down, or is it just my computer?? i can't load it, in case i won't be able to access SSF, anyone knows the links for bora of chinchin and pkl starry?? for tonight??

thanks in advance~~^_^

lol I thought it was only me, but then I finally figured after a while... that SSF was down :[

it should be back up sooner or later~

i believe this: mms://bora.imbc.com/imbcBora

is the link for chinchin's bora ><;

Archived