少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread

Guest Soy

Guest fara_diggory

omo the girls....

i hope they're ok now...

after i heard about they're going to hv a hiatus, then i feel so sad..

but now, i'mm glad that they're going to have a break...

take care girls...

we need you to be fully prepared for the second album...

snsd jjang

and omo, Cinderella man is just on the way to meet us...

go yoong, cant wait

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zahieyjunki

ouww, hope the girls fine!!

Maybe they don't have enough rest or skip their meal coz of busy schedule before but now since they taking a break, hopefully they have recovered what they missed etc..

[03.27.09] Can SNSD's Yoona score her 2nd homerun as an actress?

f4mxyb.jpg

Yoona, who successfully debuted in acting last year as the main female lead Saebyuk in KBS1TV's Monday-Friday drama "You Are My Destiny", will once again be assuming the role of an actress acting alongside Kwon Sangwoo in MBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama "Cinderella Man" which is set to air on April 15th.

Yoona, better known in the first quarter of this year as a member of the wildly popular girl group SNSD who had generated an unstoppable "Gee" craze nationwide, will once again present herself as an actress. Viewers' expectations towards Yoona are high because of the immense recognition and popularity she had garnered after "You Are My Destiny" enjoyed high ratings of over 40% last year.

When Yoona was announced to have been casted as the main female lead in "You Are My Destiny" last year, many people had expressed consternation and bewilderment. Factors such as her tender age of 19 as well as her image as an idol singer in a female pop group led many to believe that Yoona would not be able to successfully take on the role of acting. However, Yoona proved their misgivings and skepticism wrong by working hard to improve her acting skills, and even clinched the Best Newcomer award at the KBS Drama Awards 2008 in December.

Yoona will yet again be acting as the female lead in "Cinderella Man", portraying the drama character of fashion designer Seo Yujin. In the drama, Seo Yujin was originally studying fashion designing in Paris but had to interrupt her studies to attend to her father's funeral back in Korea, thus starting an arduous new chapter of her life in the Dongdaemun (East Gate) shopping area.

Yoona even cut short her long hair for the drama as she was worried that her current image as a bright cheerful teenage girl in SNSD might not be appropriate for her drama character and might adversely impact the upcoming drama.

Kwon Sangwoo, who is acting together with Yoona in "Cinderella Man", remarked in a recent interview, "Yoona is not just an exceptional idol singer, she's also very suitable as an actress. I think Yoona has the potential to become a beautiful actress who is able to take on many different roles like Shim Eunha." He followed by saying, "If it was any other main lead in their late teens I might have been very troubled, but Yoona's acting is really commendable."

Without a doubt, there will be difficulties for Yoona to overcome in her upcoming drama. For starters, "Cinderella Man" is a mini drama which airs only on Wednesday and Thursday as compared to "You Are My Destiny" which aired on every weekday. There will be intense competition with other shows to attract viewers and ratings with the burden of responsibility falling squarely on the cast, especially Yoona since she is the main female lead. Furthermore, Yoona will have to shed her image as a teenage girl in SNSD to reprise the role of an older female drama character Seo Yujin which is definitely no mean feat.

Yoona was recently interviewed saying, "The burden of responsibility and the pressure to act well are really overwhelming." Yoona, who is struggling with her neverending schedule as part of SNSD, also revealed some of her worries, lamenting, "I'm most worried that the preparation time for the drama might have been too short, especially since my drama character is older than my actual age. I just kept on reminding myself to work extra hard so as to not appear unnatural on screen."

There had been a lack of young teenage faces in the recent Korean dramas and Yoona's timely appearance was like a much anticipated breath of fresh air looked forward to by the viewers. Together with her credentials as a member of SNSD who had changed Korean popular culture tremendously, it's no wonder why Yoona stands out from the rest of her idol peers in terms of commercial buzz and online response generated. "Will Yoona once again score a homerun with 'Cinderella Man'?" is definitely going to be one of the hottest questions to be debated amongst her fans.

Credits: newsen.com

Translation: 1004yoon@yoonachina and bubzooka@soshified.com

Personally, I think she can make the drama success as YAMD!

Maybe more than two award this year? YAMD she grab 4 awards in every awards events!

I'm positively saying it coz she could! I'm just afraid the fans do not like her character in it and she brings older image than her real age one!

requests : Can someone PM me the download link or the url for Fany song, By Myself??

and btw, I just read from Princess Ja Myung thread and I just know that Park Min Young is one of the main cast in the drama!

You guys know she is close with one of the girls (IDK who) so there's the connections between her and the girls!

Guest ♥♥PowerOf9

(09.03.29) SNSD - Lets Talk About Love & Gee

[09.03.29] Super Junior - Encore & No.1

credit: akama419

the girls are dancing and singing along at sujus encore~

if i remember correct hyo and sunny sang a part of sorry sorry ^^

sica is uber cute with ponytails ^^

a0hsad.jpg

caps by me

[09.03.29] We Got Married Ep.50 - DoTa Cut (1/3)

[09.03.29] We Got Married Ep.50 - DoTa Cut (2/3)

[09.03.29] We Got Married Ep.50 - DoTa Cut (3/3)

credit: codeanalysis

Guest Senorita_

0___0 I didn't even know the girls were on Inki >0<

But it's great to see them do their goodbye stage today. So the girls went to the hospital? No wonder during the end, some of them were missing =( But I hope they get well soon.

Sunny and Hyo Yeon were adorable during the encore :D Both of them danced and sang Sorry Sorry ^_^ (so cute!)

Guest Kikyo91

The lastet performance was so beautiful <3

I ABDORED LTAB <3<3 expecially Yul <3

Hyo was so cue during Sorry Sorry Encore XD she sang a small part of that song *_*

I Hope that THEY COMEBACK SOON!

Anyway...

someone has more pictures like this, with other members?

296f0c3.jpg

Guest roseseraphix

it's just 3 months after our girls comeback with Gee and now their having their goodbye stage already.

i kinda miss them.. hope they come back with a better concept this june.

Guest baby-swts

[HD] Inkigayo March 29 - Lets Talk About Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lJMZVNKNwo

[HD] Inkigayo March 29 - GEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxe4P_qk4IE

DONGNY/SUNHAE ACTION ;)

140k7q9.jpg

33w2xsj.jpg

6f8vps.jpg

90vi2o.jpg

SM FAMILY <3 :wub:

[HD] Open Concert March 29 - Beautiful World, GEE, Himnae

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4yguMe2l80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-tdUdr1cA0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmcFUDeI6PQ

credit codeanaylsis

Is this really their LAST performances!? :tears:

they did so welll <3 im going to miss then!!! :(

when is their comeback exactly T__T

im hearing June or September..

---

WGM Episode 50 was sooo cute!!! :wow:

I love their new apartment!! so girly haha

they got a cotton candy machine B)

Guest Supersnsd

Glad to know you guys taking a break now . i feel worry about your health too.

i wish to see all of you soon, please take care yourself.

i will support everything that each member do after goodbye stage.

SNSD , i love you !!!!! :lol:

Guest danielle4195

When did SooYoung's movie come out???

I Loved their perf. today by the way...

Im gonna miss them...when are they coming back for their full album?

baby-swts thanks for the open concert links! woot ure fast! oh man the girls are sick? urgh i dont want them to comeback so soon. i'd rather they rest. esp yoona, taeyeon. since they have so many members they can each take turns doing solo stuff and have some form of rotation so others can rest :( i wna see hyo on more shows.

but im happy yuri's mcing mucore! yay i can see her every week!

im worried about yoona. her schedules are never ending! btw doesnt she have to attend dongguk?

Guest redevilica

available in CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/shewshewbox

Thanks a bunch, Joyce! :D

Do NOT take these HQ cuts out of this clubbox. Thanks! :D

So Nyuh Shi Dae - Let’s Talk About Love, Gee (Goodbye Stage) on Music Core (2009-03-28) [shewshewbox].avi [52.7MB]

All Artists - Ending (Goobye MCs) on Music Core (2009-03-28) [shewshewbox].avi [22.4MB]

Visit Cashewmania blog for direct CB links

Guest Lishathestain

no wonder they said Yoona is the strong one. She's one of the busiest among them but she's as strong as a deer.

it saddens me to hear about some of the girls went sick :( hope they feel better soon!

viewimagea.jpg

^lol at first i thought her shirt says "Tiffany" :P well i'm still not sure what it says but i'm guessing it's not Tiffany~

92421612.jpg

61284336.jpg

74178393.jpg

16663705.jpg

c;astagged.

Guest baby-swts

I Cannot wait for the next episode of WGM!!! :D

Jelly, Pudding & our 9 girls will be going BUNGEE JUMPING :w00t: LOL

More of SooYoung in Hello Schoolgirl

:)

mtl06w.jpg

242evk6.jpg

2hz0i6h.jpg

9u2b0i.jpg

gorgeous <3

3ztzb.jpg

2cqyblx.jpg

credits: baby-swts

Yeah I remember how SNSD fans were calling Yoona an alien during YAMD because it was impossible for any human to have her schedule and still never get sick. That girl T-T... I hope she doesn't break down one day though, usually when you build up all this strength you never know your limits and end up getting extremely sick because you think you can handle it.

Anyways Sooyoung & Tiffany will bounce back soon, they always do.

To bring back some Yul love to the thread ..

If you donate blood right now in Korea they're giving away posters of SNSD, group and individuals ...

soylovesonlyyul.jpg

And this is from MuBank .. hahah the dork and confetti

2ew2poz.gif

24zd2fr.gif

Guest caterpillar

Oh :( I'm sorry for all girls who got sick. They did very good come back and they put a lot of efforts in. Hopefully their illnesses are not serious

And I'm worried to Yoona too :( I know she's strong but like other said "Her schedule is never ending" Filming - SNSD - Filming - SNSD . I've never seen her get a long rest like other members. Her eyes are darker and darker, her body is skinnier and skinnier :( .

Yoona hwaiting

Hey that's one Yuri poster Yul fans must get! xD So much aegyo~

Hope the girls recover quickly; I'm glad they're going on hiatus.. (actually no cos I won't get to see them when I'm there T__T.. but still health is more impt!) Take care Soshi~

The talk about their upcoming album is making me excited alr xD

Though I'm still not over the fact that the promotion period for Gee was soo short. =x

& Yoon ah.. take care..!

Guest cuhlare

Just a question, did anyone here order their Elle Girl Style book from Dvdheaven? I chose the cheapest shipping option and didn't get it in the mail yet :/

So four members went to the hospital?! (Tae, Yuri, Sooyoung & Fany right?)

that's a lot... hope they're ok now. ( just re-read and seems like Yuri & Tae just went w/ them)

This reminds me of their goodbye stage of last year, exactly the same thing when Sunny collapsed.

Guess it's really time for them to take a break... ._.

Hyo, Sunny & Jessica were the only ones on stage during SJ's Encore.

Felt weird not to see the others suddenly : / Sunny got to sing tho. haha that was cute.

Guest Miwa_Chan

I think that Fany and Sooyoung are the ones that are sick because from the Thailand pics, they looked a bit out of it, especially Fany. I think (well I want to think) that Taeyeon and Yuri are just going with them because Taeyeon hasn't seemed sick or anything lately (she looked quite happy recently) and neither has Yul. SooRi and TaeNy ftw~ haha

I hope Fany and Sooyoung feel better soon!

Archived