Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

You need to convert/encode the dvd in to a avi or mpg file. I believe there are several topics in the troubleshooting forums that covers this topic.

I own a ZVM and I love it. But one thing I suggest to everyone is get NEW earphones. The included ones are the crappiest quality sound I've ever heard. I think they're worse than those ghetto Koss brand head phones you can buy at the corner grocery store for $2.99. Not to mention they are uncomfortable to wear but thats subjective to the user.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest advent.shk

You need to convert/encode the dvd in to a avi or mpg file. I believe there are several topics in the troubleshooting forums that covers this topic.

i was wondering if you needed to have a codec on the zmn or something in order to watch those files or if you could just watch an avi or mpg file without anything? I also wondered if the screen kinda squeezes the screen so its not the same proportion and if you or anyone knew how to add those black bars on the top and bottom to make it the certain screen ratio....

i was wondering if you needed to have a codec on the zmn or something in order to watch those files or if you could just watch an avi or mpg file without anything? I also wondered if the screen kinda squeezes the screen so its not the same proportion and if you or anyone knew how to add those black bars on the top and bottom to make it the certain screen ratio....

The ZVM keeps the screen ratio intact by default. I believe you can change it though but not positive as I have never tried it. Great thing about the ZVM is it natively supports Divx and Xvid which is what most avi files are encoded in. Other than some obscure codecs out there, you should be able to play nearly all of the avi files you find on the internet on your ZVM. Not to imply that the "Ipod" is your alternative choice, but Ipods don't have the same capability.

Guest Rainie

i got an IPOD Video.

i like it, the only problem is the Battery life is LAME. -_-

but! it works well & the money is definantly not a waste

if your a 'music-obsesser' like me. :P

Yeah -___-...they give you enough space, but the battery life is just sucks...especially for videos...it's more like an hour rather than 4 hours of video playback -___-

Guest advent.shk

ok i bought my zvm saturday night. I tried to put some music videos on there that were in mpg format but they woudnt go on. Then I tried to convert them but the program couldnt convert them. This also happened with my recorded tv shows, which are in dvr-ms format, which the zvm is supposed to support.

Can anyone help?

I own a ZVM and I love it. But one thing I suggest to everyone is get NEW earphones. The included ones are the crappiest quality sound I've ever heard. I think they're worse than those ghetto Koss brand head phones you can buy at the corner grocery store for $2.99. Not to mention they are uncomfortable to wear but thats subjective to the user.

really??? i thought the earphones were great~

at least the sound quality was better than my sony ones....

Guest meringue

I bought the Sony "Bean" Walkman MP3 Player a few weeks ago. Compared to the 20 GB U2 iPod I owned, I found this thing a little difficult to use and sometimes a little frustrating.

Name: Sony "Bean" Walkman NW-E307

Price: $119

Color: Pink

Capacity: 1 GB

Overall Rating: 7/10

Review: It was very hard to read the screen during daylight. I had to use my hand to provide a shadow so I could actually see the screen. The program that this thing comes with (Sonic Stage) is extremely difficult to work with. Very slow and makes organizing difficult, compared to iTunes. Also, sometimes I'd transfer an MP3 to my player and it says "(X) CANNOT PLAY" when I select it. I don't understand... it's in .mp3 format so I don't know why it wouldn't play (help?). The player doesn't recognize Asian fonts so I wasn't able to put any of my Korean songs unless I changed the words into English. I found that the earphones were a little weird to me because the left earphone had a shorter extension line than the right earphone. I can never get used to that. It's weird to me.

I love the design though. Very cute. The battery life is extremely good. I could go a few days without charging this baby. When I had the iPod, I used to charge it every night because the battery drained even when it was off. This player also comes with an FM tuner so that was pretty cool. That way, if I got sick of my songs for some reason, I could switch to radio.

Guest internetwarfare

I dont wanna bother starting a new thread since this can be answered really quick. But I know that with Ipods you have to keep ur songs on itunes. I mainly want an mp3 player so I can transfer them to the player then delete them off my comp. Which mp3 players let me do this? I'm looking for a 1-10gb player.

Guest advent.shk

I dont wanna bother starting a new thread since this can be answered really quick. But I know that with Ipods you have to keep ur songs on itunes. I mainly want an mp3 player so I can transfer them to the player then delete them off my comp. Which mp3 players let me do this? I'm looking for a 1-10gb player.

after you've transferred your songs onto your ipod, you dont need to keep on them on your computer or itunes for that matter. If you plug in your ipod, a sort of music library for your ipod will pop up and you can play all the songs on your ipod. You can delete the songs. Although, I'd personally suggest steering away from ipods....

Guest a certainREALITY

ok i bought my zvm saturday night. I tried to put some music videos on there that were in mpg format but they woudnt go on. Then I tried to convert them but the program couldnt convert them. This also happened with my recorded tv shows, which are in dvr-ms format, which the zvm is supposed to support.

Can anyone help?

dont know what to do about your songs, but download iriverter for your video files. It's free.

Guest vannushka

Do you guys know a good mp3 player that stores <4gb. I didn't want to start a new thread just on this. I've read through all these reviews but I am still indecisive. I don't really need much space so it's okay if it's 1gb or 2gb. My options are (for now)

Samsung Z5 (I think the design is quite nice)

Iriver Clix (I like this but my brother already has one)

Ipod Nano (I don't really want this but it's what I am after..I doubt I'm makign sense)

I guess I want somethign with decent battery life and is relatively small. I don't want to carry a brick around.

Guest advent.shk

dont know what to do about your songs, but download iriverter for your video files. It's free.

thnx. It worked for my music videos but for some reason it didnt work for my recorded tv shows(dvr-ms files). I dont know why, but the result was a messed up picture with crap all on it plus no sound.... :(

Guest happyroach

Heh, did my review here back in February on a Zen Nano Plus.

Recently bought an iPod 5G 30GB Video in White.

dsc00255mi8.jpg

That's my poddie playing a Se7en music video lol~~ and wearing a pastel green glow-in-the-dark skin

Everybody knows how iPods work (or don't work, for that matter), but just pointing some stuff out

I realized that I actually get very decent battery life if I just let it play and not switch back and forth between albums and photos and videos. Then again, duh, that applies to any other battery-powered electronic. I've gotten to between 11 and 12 hours straight on one go, so that was awesome.

My Creative Zen Nano Plus still triumphs in audio quality and portability (and FM and voice-recording features), but I am a BIG downloader who is ALWAYS running out of harddrive space no matter how big my HDs are or how many DVDs I burn, so I needed at least 30G. And...VIDEOS! ANIMATED SE7EN ON THE GO! BIIIIIIIIG ADVANTAGE :D

I regret not waiting a tad longer for the 80G (which is actually cheaper than the 60G, which means that for only 50 bucks more I could've gotten 50 more Gs worth of space--WTF APPLE?!?!).

One big disadvantage of iPods is the lack of drag-and-drop features for songs. I do abuse the portable harddrive feature, but I would be a much happier person if the transfer of music were easier.

Guest superstar`kiss

Whoa! All of yours is SO tite! :w00t: But i'll pOst mine anyways:

mynano-minho.jpg

Its the nano. Since i got it from costco and over there, you can exchange or get your moany back for any reason at all, i was gonna wait until the nano gets old, and then take it back, and so i can get the other cooler thing with my store $$... :D But its SO thin that i <3333333 it SO much! but not all of my songs fit.. :(

Guest mickys_psychokick

i need help... i got my CZV:M yesterday woot woot!

i'm having trouble on charging the thing :T i dunno if i'm doing it right.

so i plugged everything in and it shows in the upper righthand corner the battery image thing but it doesn't look like the on in the manual they give you ): a few seconds later the LOW BATTERY image shows up... i turned it off but then its just blank and yah help from any of the CZV:M owners on how to charge this thing :T

i know it takes like a long time to fully charge (5hrs?)

edit: NVM! i got it (:

EDIT2: okie i don't know what i'm doing wrong. so i'm charging my CZV:M with the USB cable that is connected to my computer. i left it along for 3 hours straight and nothing has improved on the battery.

the thing at the top is blinking blue but there is no image of the battery showing anymore. sometimes it would show then later it would dissappear, but the top is still blinking.

please help.

So I'm at bestbuy.com, and the CZV:M looks to be only around 250$? is that the right one? CLICK! Everyone was saying it was around 350$ only a few months ago, it couldn't have dropped 100$ by then, could it?!

Is this CZV:M still currently one of the best mp3 players avalible? I'm looking to replace my almost 2 year iPod mini, and I thought I'd invest in something a little more expensive :)

Archived