Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest stardaisy212

Whoa how cool (the Samsung)

Anyway so initially I was gonna spend under $100 on an mp3 player, but decided not to of course XD...I ended up getting the 8 gb Creative Labs Zen V. I am loving it so far. At first I was hesitant about getting such a small mp3 player, but now I'm glad I did. It's so small and cute. I can easily stick it in my pocket. Sound quality is great. I accidentally installed the software before remembering that I didn't need to in order to transfer music, so I just uninstalled it ^^...The software is just too much for my taste. Anyway, transferring music is fast. I drained the whole thing and it took about 4 hours to charge. I don't know if that's considered long? It is to me anyway, but what do I know about electronics. I HATE the ear phones/buds. It's always slipping out of my ear, so I'd have to stick the buds very deep into my ears. Then my ears hurt =/...I'm just commenting about the ear buds, I know I can easily buy new ones. The 5-way joystick is only alright. It took me forever to scroll down to listen to Wheesung =/ I prefer the scroll option with the Ipod, but that's it. Seriously, only $180 for 8 gigs! o_o It's just perfect for me. Nice, simple, small, and cute. Nothing too fancy or advanced or anything. And voice recording. I can sneakily record people now =D (Yes I'm immature at times -_-)

I was looking on the site though, and only the 1 gb ones are orange. Mines happens to be orange. i just find that weird. Or maybe they changed something recently? I dunno.

maybe u got the 16 gbs lols

the headphones works fine for me lols 0.0

a tip u can use to search for a song or artist or w.e

u go on the list of songs pg and u hold on the back arrow button for like 2 sec or so and then a thing pops up on the side of the screen .You have to scroll down to that letter of the song u want to hear and it will display the song and when u play it after the song is done ii will play the list of songs fron that letter but if u type the whole name of the song u would get the one song it depends

sorry its sounds so confusing but the key is the back arrow button

all u need to do is hold it

hahahhaha i have the zen plua its ok i guess

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest liipssuu

MEIZU mini player m6

simon12.jpg

I got myself this cute player for almost 150bucks :D i loove it !It's very shiny with a biiiiig screen (i love large screen).The pictures and videos are in Very High Quality and it reads korean/japanese/chinese characters.i think it's quite difficult the 1st time you use it.but i prefer it as iPod.i'm not an iPod fan lol.

Guest 13miracles

Cowon A3, 30gb, about ~ $360

Not really mp3 player, pmp instead...but it's also play mp3 so i think it's ok ^^

Sorry for a bunch of picture stick together ㅡㅡ" it was original from my cy and i dont have time to crop it

pmp.jpg

It all pretty good so far..., big screen <3 i like that its also connect to the tv too...

Videos, pictures quality are all good, much better than ipod...music sound really good when you have earphone & head phone on

Battery last really long

the only thing that i dont like is the control button, it was hard to click...

Guest ninjakke

Archo 605

Has touch screen, 80gbs, Wi fi web browser, widgets and a load of stuff. High res screen too. love it. havent got to use the wifi yet so yeh.

well i finally gone to the dark side and got a ipod =\

ipod 6g 80gig well didnt have much of a choice

i had a iriver 20gig before for about 2 yrs - 2yr replacement plan at best buy

found out the iriver cost 329 bucks lol - man mp3 players changed so much

(o yea the iriver was also a replaced one too - i lub replacement plans)

best buy has shet selection in their store - ipod touch zunes bunch of low memory ones bah

so i got a ipod 6g for 250 plus another replacement plan - cost me no money again !!

even though itunes sucks its not as bad as i thought

video is pretty clear - came preloaded with games - still way too new for ppl to have hacked it with some games which sucks balls..

well it has 80 gigs woo use it as a hard drive or something

pictures dont have much of a loading time at all

i miss my iriver (my baby) but this will do

Ipod Classic

Capacity: 80gb

Format: Hard Drive

Features:Music, Video, Photo playback.

Battery:30 Hours (Audio), 5 Hours (Video); I can't confirm video because I don't use the feature but I've gotten over 20 hours on my ipod for Audio.

Player Interface:Clickwheel, you know the deal. It now has cover flow, it's kind of laggy though. It uses split screen now in the main menu's. It has a little preview function basically. You highlight Music and it will show random album art. Same goes with video and photos. Has all the calendar, alarm, games, world clock, etc... The interface uses new icons and fonts. It looks cleaner and more professional I guess. It really does look good. The front face plate is anodized aluminum now. Basically, scratch resistant. It's BARELY slimmer than the 5.5g iPod Video.

Price: $249, +$20 tax.

Guest ayadaokin

Not really mp3 player, pmp instead...but it's also play mp3 so i think it's ok ^^

Archo 605

Has touch screen, 80gbs, Wi fi web browser, widgets and a load of stuff. High res screen too. love it. havent got to use the wifi yet so yeh.

I was just about to say the Cowon A3 reminds me of the archos 605. The cowon looks much nicer, though. Cept the archos has a bigger screen, no? I haven't heard of the cowon before this, so i'm looking it up right now. I don't think I'd want to get one but it looks really nice!! (plus the suju kinda adds to that XD)

ninjakke: well I had my mind set to a samsung p2 for a couple of months now but for the past few weeks i've been wanting the archos. so you like it right? that's good; just a quick question. with the wifi, i know theres a 30$ connection fee to activate it, but is it a monthly payment or just to activate it once and for all?

well i finally gone to the dark side and got a ipod =\

darn you dark side. no just kidding. i just think ipods are kinda typical nowadays. i really like that itouch though.

i grabbed one of those 8GB Meizu M6SLs with the bang & olufsen sound system... i've had it lying here on my desk for a week now and been meaning to do a small review on it - i'll get around to it some time soon

-edit-

excuse the strange pics - i'm doing this at work

dsc00086fr2.th.jpg

^ Meizu M6 -> Meier-Audio Corda MOVE -> Shure SE530

i bought the 4GB M6 in january and i did a little review in this thread. the whole setup has taken quite a beating and has been out in the rain at least half a dozen times as i walk (or run as the case may be) to work.

dsc00087wr8.th.jpgdsc00088md3.th.jpg

^ rough size comparison between the 4GB M6 and the new 8GB M6SL, which is the bottom one in the first pic.

the M6SL has lost the mirror-finish metal back plate and is a fair bit thinner, has also lost 1mm or so from both length and width. the "play/pause/power" button on the M6 is no longer there on the M6SL, replacing the "enter" button on the touchpad.

dsc00089wf2.th.jpg

^ main screen turn on. the M6SL screen is about the same size and appears more pinkish. both screens have some sort of rainbow/light refracting ill-effect when viewing it out in the daylight, which slightly discolours the screen in a rainbow pattern.

dsc00090ub5.th.jpg

^ i also brought Meizu's stock earphones and Sennheiser CX300 along to test.

the stock earphones are the same as from a year ago - they're good compared to some other stock earphones, though bass is lacking.

dsc00099oc9.th.jpg

^ one down side to the new SL model is that videos play back with a bit of a blue tint whereas the screen seemed to be a bit better on M6. the photo makes it look a lot worse than it actually is. it's not a huge problem as you quickly forget about it when watching stuff, but i'd still be hanging out for a software update that fixes this or lets us play with the screen's settings etc.

i spent two hours testing the sound in a range of different ways and have come to the conclusion the M6SL definitely brings the mid-range forward a bit more, making a few instruments like the violin and piano more noticeable - more subtly, the highs are a tiny bit softer than the M6, bass is similar on both... there's really not a massive amount of difference on the whole though. video-watchers may prefer the original model for now as the screen seems to have been a sacrifice when they were trying to make it even smaller than what it already was.

Guest ninjakke

I was just about to say the Cowon A3 reminds me of the archos 605. The cowon looks much nicer, though. Cept the archos has a bigger screen, no? I haven't heard of the cowon before this, so i'm looking it up right now. I don't think I'd want to get one but it looks really nice!! (plus the suju kinda adds to that XD)

ninjakke: well I had my mind set to a samsung p2 for a couple of months now but for the past few weeks i've been wanting the archos. so you like it right? that's good; just a quick question. with the wifi, i know theres a 30$ connection fee to activate it, but is it a monthly payment or just to activate it once and for all?

darn you dark side. no just kidding. i just think ipods are kinda typical nowadays. i really like that itouch though.

there is no connection fee, i think anyway. the 30$ is paying for the rights to use the opera browser. u pay only once and once u buy the browser u get the free widgets too.=)

Hi all.

Is this the right place to post.. :mellow:

I am looking for a mp3/video player that has minimum of 4gb-8gb.

I don't want something extremely pricey but worth the price.

I don't want any APPLE products though ^^

I wish to have it to support other languages too and nothing too bulky :o

Can someone give me some suggestions as to what to get?

Much appreciated.

~ eternal.happiness

Samsung P2 (Yepp YP-P2) 8GB White $249.99

The P2 is just amazing. <3

I was about to get the iPod Touch, but I didn't really need WiFi or spend $300. I decided to get the P2 instead because it has everything I need. I think it looks nicer as well. I've been a loyal Samsung mp3 player user (YP-T7 and YP-T9 in the past) anyway. :)

The P2 is gonna get a lot of firmware updates called Blue Wave that will add a dictionary, subway maps, bluetooth phone connection, games, etc... I can't wait. =D

A nice feature is that if you have the crystal case, you can make your own skins. See here: http://www.yjzone.net/showthread.php?t=1666

Cons - There is no mention of voice recording in the firmware updates. (it doesn't have that feature yet) It's also a fingerprint/dust magnet and it already has a small scratch on it. lol Transferring things to the player also takes some time... Songs are listed alphabetically (unless you use the Music Browser)

Some pics I took (with the case on) :w00t:

7xno1lv.jpg87apjrm.jpg

6u4bd3r.jpg82vbf47.jpg

Guest smile-jw

:mellow: ASDHGSAJDFHKSJHFG

Kangteuk killed me.

Hm it has really clear screen and the colors are nice, but its so thick. -.-^

Im thinking about getting this vs. the iRiver since the iRiver has a really small screen.

Thanks for he reviews everyone.

Its really hard to choose a new MP3/PMP x_x

Guest eminemjamesuk

Hi all.

Is this the right place to post.. :mellow:

I am looking for a mp3/video player that has minimum of 4gb-8gb.

I don't want something extremely pricey but worth the price.

I don't want any APPLE products though ^^

I wish to have it to support other languages too and nothing too bulky :o

Can someone give me some suggestions as to what to get?

Much appreciated.

~ eternal.happiness

What's your reason for not getting an iPod? It seems to fit the bill for all your other requirements... :rolleyes:

Guest MUGETSU

because she doesn't want an iPod.

she said it in her post.

the iPod isn't the only MP3 player out there that fits those requirements, some do it even better. Also...some don't use iTunes, some don't use Macs and some just want something different.

Apple leads the field in hipster looking devices and nice gimmicks like the touchscreen, but other companies have equally or better machines at a better price with more features.

Try:

Cowon D2 - Expandable memory using SD cards. (Small and best sound quality)

Creative Zen - Expandable memory using SD cards. (Cowon's integration is better though)

Samsung YP-P2

iRiver Clix 2

Just in case some of you didn't know, Samsung has released the new firmware, "1st Wave"

From the Samsung site:

"

*YP-P2 1ST WAVE*

YP-P2 firmware Ver 2.08 for MTP

=Improvement=

-. Bluetooth Handsfree : connecting cellular phone(mobile phone), send and receive a phone

-. Bluetooth OPP : Transfer telephone directory, picture and etc with Bluetooth Products

-. AAC : support AAC format

-. Emoture 1.2 : change album art

add Text viewer effects (4/9)

change cosmos Icon

adjust LCD gamma/brightness"

You guys can download it here: http://shortlink.co.uk/py3

Be sure to read the caution before installing, on the download site.

Guest orange momo

I got the Mplayer this christmas, when I get home I will post pictures and a mini review. Now all I have to do is buy my P2 and my collection will be complete!!! ^^!

(Picture comming)

It's 1gb and honestly, I don't mind because I use it mostly for the gym and when I am on the go and don't want to carry my other player (p2)

I like the fact that it's small and I still get compliment son it and people want to know where I got one... so it's really nice... I wish it was at least 2g through.

Fedex came with my Iriver Clix 2 (8gb) today! ^o^!!!

fast shipping... $255 from Warehouse123

jkclix2.jpg

i'll edit with better pics & a review once the cameras return back home.

Guest xstarx

iriver s10 (all black)

4249367882ey9.jpg

s10battery1yv0.jpgs10battery2ow6.jpg

- Intuitive iriver D-Click System (like the u10 and clix)

- 2gb

- 17.5g, ultra light player

- Comes with Lanyard Earphones

- Color OELD Display (1.15 inch)

- Dimensions: Approx. 42w x 30h x 10.8d mm

- Plays up to 8 hours with internal rechargeable battery

- Supports music file such as MP3, WMA and OGG Q10

- FM radio and FM recording reservation

- Voice recording

- USB 2.0, Ultra Fast Data Transfer

- Comes with iriver plus 3 software

- Firmware Upgradable

- Alarm with real-time clock

it's the baby version of the clix ;D

i think it's the smallest DAP out with a screen? i like small and light mp3s that i can hang around my neck so other then the battery life being the only downside (imo) i love it and i'm satisfied with the memory :D kills ipod shuffle anyday

oh wait the lanyard earphones it comes with aren't the best

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Laxntiga

I have the Creative Labs Zen Vision:M (30gig)

It's hard drive is currently fried, looking to get a new one. Anyone know any sites or places that can do this?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew if the zen can read word docs. Will the text appear on the screen? (I imagine it would be pretty tough to see... but just wondering)

Thanks guys and gals

Fedex came with my Iriver Clix 2 (8gb) today! ^o^!!!

fast shipping... $255 from Warehouse123

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/bapejk/jkclix2.jpg

i'll edit with better pics & a review once the cameras return back home.

how is it? i'm actually waiting for mine. it's supposed to arrive today but im at work...so im hoping someone would be home to open the door. :crazy:

Archived