Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

Guest jangneri

worldtraveler58, I have the same sentiments as you... I just hope some critics would forget about him being ' a member of an idol group'~ There's nothing wrong with that since that's a fact but I think critics are a little biased when it comes to artists from a group. If they would just rate Dongwan as how he is as a singer, how good his voice is... he is not far beyond those guys well known for their good ballads like Kim Dong Ryul~

and btw, I thought you guys would love to see this...

[scans] Vogue Korean Fashion Pet

0808vogue1bw7kj6.jpg

0808vogue2tt9im1.jpg

They featured Dongwan and Goguma (Sweet Potato)

Vogue has been sporting pictures of artists and their pets and I had been hoping they would ask Dongwan to be part of it too~ so now that it has happened (and the scans came out today (my bday) too!) so I'm quite happy~

I think in the first part Goguma was PS-ed to look a bit bigger though. My friend and I had been talking about that since I had seen Goguma in a lot of clips and pictures already and she's not that big.

EDIT// WOOT! I topped another page!!! :D *flashes a v-sign* lol.

P.S. BTW, Dongwan's personal site has been opened for a year already! He started november21 last year on this same day. :D

Guest love!melody

jangneri thank you for sharing these pictures with us :) dongwan oppa looks gorgeous as always <333 and i agree with you that they photoshopped goguma >< i don't know why they would do that though; in my opinion she is so much cuter when she's smaller hehehehe! but that's just my preference.

i can't wait to see him promote his new song more ^^ kehehehe!

and happy birthday jangneri :D

Here's a clip of the Vogue shoot: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-rG0h_yZh5o

Wannie is like give me a kiss! But Goguma is refusing, kekeke. And in the next part, DW is saying to Guma, "Pretend like we're close!" Gah, so cute.

And those pics are amazing. I like DW's expression in both of them - the first one is just a look of adoration and the second one looks so protective, like holding a baby. That makes me think...Gah, I can just imagine a photo like that. That would just melt my heart.

And now that you mention it, jangneri, I think you may be right. I remember being surprised when I first saw the photo because Guma looked really big. And just fyi, Guma's a he, not a she. :)

I'll translate that little part underneath the first pic (if somebody else doesn't do it first), plus share some two other recent tidbits when I get back. Stay tuned!

Guest jangneri

^ A HE?! I thought Goguma was a female. Dongwan referred to Goguma before as 'she'~ and... Guma seemed to have female parts~ not too sure though. ehehehe. thanks for clearing that up. XD

and thank you love!melody :D

Happy Birthday!

Thank you so much for the pictures. He looks so HANDSOME! Ahhhh, to be in his ams (2nd pic) instead of Goguma.....

I just love Goguma's name. So cute!

and btw, I thought you guys would love to see this...

[scans] Vogue Korean Fashion Pet

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/820/0808vogue1bw7kj6.jpg

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2715/0808vogue2tt9im1.jpg

They featured Dongwan and Goguma (Sweet Potato)

Vogue has been sporting pictures of artists and their pets and I had been hoping they would ask Dongwan to be part of it too~ so now that it has happened (and the scans came out today (my bday) too!) so I'm quite happy~

Guest 80slitenite

Ahh so its not the show. My mistake. Though it would be really cool if he did it.^^

It's time for the rest of the world to love him too.

Yes completely agree. All that stuff you wrote about H2 is really exciting!! Wow I wish for him nothing but the best!

김동완 화이팅! We know he can do it.

I wonder when we'll hear news about how it turned out. Also thank you so much for posting his schedule!

I'm glad you wrote all of that. I like reading your pov. I learn quite a bit.

And to those 50 fans~ wahhhhhhhhhh! Omg so lucky. What a memorable experience that will be. So jealous I'll admit. I know I'll never get an opportunity like that. *crosses fingers in hope of a fancam or pic*

Happy Birthday jangneri ! Thanks for the scans! Goguma is looking cute! *doesn't pay attention to Dongwan* haha

"Wannie is like give me a kiss! But Goguma is refusing, kekeke. And in the next part, DW is saying to Guma, "Pretend like we're close!" Gah, so cute."

Ahh so that's what he said worldtraveler58! hahahaha

Before translating, I'm going to backtrack on some comments...

worldtraveler58, I have the same sentiments as you... I just hope some critics would forget about him being ' a member of an idol group'~ There's nothing wrong with that since that's a fact but I think critics are a little biased when it comes to artists from a group. If they would just rate Dongwan as how he is as a singer, how good his voice is... he is not far beyond those guys well known for their good ballads like Kim Dong Ryul~

I remember reading a critic's review on the O6 about DW's 1st album that was pretty interesting. One of the comments was that DW hadn't found his color or niche yet like Hyesung (ballads) and Minwoo (dance), a pretty legit criticism since it was just his first album and he was all over the place. But I really think this showcase will show a more musically-focused Dongwan, esp. since he's going to have a live band (Gah, how I would KILL to see this...I'm obsessed with live singing with live instruments).

I forget which interview this is from (and I'm not remembering it word for word), but he's mentioned how even though he might have a certain vision for his album, he's still, more or less, at the mercy of producers and his record label since he isn't composing and producing his own music. And he's mentioned how while he's in the army, he can get back to writing lyrics. From these two statements, my dream for his next album upon finishing enlistment (or any subsequent album), is for him to produce and write his own songs. And to play guitar and piano at his concerts. I'll pretty much gobble up anything from him, but I really, really LOVE the lyrics and music of his self-composed songs like "Jindam" and "Set Free" and the amazing "Prayer" for Shinhwa. He even wrote and composed a really interesting, politically-tinged song called "To G." for Shinhwa's 2nd album. I sometimes get the sense that he isn't as confident about his musical skills, which makes me want to shake him while shouting, "Do you realize how much unrealized potential you have????"

I don't care if this kind of album requires him to put more time into it. He did say that he wanted to get into acting first when he came back, so yes. We can still see on TV when he comes back while he thinks about and plans his album (God, am I a selfish fan or what? :D)

P.S. BTW, Dongwan's personal site has been opened for a year already! He started november21 last year on this same day. :D

Ooooh, so his diary was opened on your birthday? That's kinda neat. Happy Birthday!

A HE?! I thought Goguma was a female. Dongwan referred to Goguma before as 'she'~ and... Guma seemed to have female parts~ not too sure though. ehehehe. thanks for clearing that up. XD

LOL. Maybe Dongwan was confused at first too? But yeah, Guma is a boy. If you watch the Manwon clip of DW and Guma, there's a part where Dongwan's like "I am your hyung" and hyung is only used by a younger guy to an older guy.

Ahh so its not the show. My mistake. Though it would be really cool if he did it.^^

YES! I really want to see him in a show with his best friend, MC Mong. I thought that might happen with Mong promoting his album at the same time as Wannie, but Mong did all his non-1N2D promotion before DW's came out. Mong is one of the new MC's for Yashimanman Season 2 (along with Junjin), so maybe Wannie will show up at some point.

I'm glad you wrote all of that. I like reading your pov. I learn quite a bit.

Awww, thank you for this comment. I often wonder if I write these long responses for nothing lol (I can't help it, Wannie inspires that in me), but you and jangneri are great with your own insights and comments. I sometimes wish more people would post...I always see new lurkers come in and out but they never post! :( *hinthint to lurkers* ;)

Darn it, my battery is about to die. I'll be back later with the promised translations...

Guest Bresis

Happy birthday, jangneri! :)

And also happy 1st anniversary to november21!

Thanks a lot for the info from H2 about DW's showcase, worldtraveler58.

I find it a bit funny why the showcase is being held 2 months after the release

of the album? Isn't it usually held 1-2 days after the release of the album to

introduce the album to the media and fans?

Anyway, that's not important, the important thing is we know he'll do a great job,

live band and singing. Fingers crossed that the critics will give him the recognition

he really deserves.

And I really agree with worldtraveler58 about DW's musical talent. He can

compose songs and write lyrics, as well as play instruments, but he does seem to

lack the confidence. He said in some interview last few months(?) that for now he just

wants to focus in singing because that is what he can do the best. He started composing

back in the earlier days of Shinhwa and he stopped a few years back perhaps to focus

more on acting? I remember he said in Come To Play? that he started composing first and

Minwoo started later but now Minwoo is excelling in it. I know he has so

much potential in him and hope that in the 2 years in army, he can really take the time

to make his music. I'd totally die to hear him sing his own compositions in his next album!

Prayer and To G are two of my favourite songs from Dongwan.

After a series of appearances in music shows in May and early June, he has sort of quieten down

for the past month. He has only been on to some variety shows and I'm glad H2 allowed this

to happen. I do miss seeing him regularly on shows but I totally support this approach to

where performing/singing live comes first and then only gaining popularity through variety shows.

There isn't much time left before he goes off and I really hope that he can leave knowing that

he has done a good job as a solo singer Kim Dongwan. :)

[Pic] 080719 Dongwan's album cover (repackage) - The Secret :Between Us Part II 26208564fy0.jpg

credit onlyshinwa@sina + shinhwa.biz

Not used to seeing wannie in a suit... i like him more in casual clothes? anyone with me?

[Pics] 080720 Dongwan for GMarket

NO HOTLINKING AND PROPER CREDITS IF TAKING OUT.

THANK YOU.

121619266501ej4kf2.jpg

121619254002nu7oa0.jpg

121619254003gz1gv3.jpg

121619254004sh4ht1.jpg

121619254005xd6cu5.jpg

121619266506qg2kq0.jpg

121619254007so9rb1.jpg

121619254008we6so1.jpg

121619254009wk3od2.jpg

121619254010io4ar0.jpg

credits:

Gmarket + Shinhwa.biz + Shinhwa Philippines

Guest pitchyaa

thanks for the gorgeous pics...

yeah i agree with u that wanny wears casual cloths better than suit..but he looks neat anyway though..

also, i really proud of him in his ability to be the multi-artist, can't believe he can do it all either composing songs, singing and acting

i'm sooooooo proud to be his fan

oh!! and i just found out that he wrote 'Jindam' as well, thanks for the info.. i've learnt a lot about him from you guys

thanks so much!!

Guest jangneri

thank you for the greetings! <333

He can compose songs and write lyrics, as well as play instruments, but he does seem to lack the confidence.

That is sooo true. I maybe wrong, but I think Dongwan is a bit intimidated of his fellow Shinhwa members. He loves them a whole lot, but I guess at times, it overwhelms him that even though he can do whatever stuff other members can do, some of them is known for it better than he is. Like in composing, even though he was the first one who actually composed a song for Shinhwa, now Minwoo is more known for it. When it comes to ballad, there's Hyesung. In acting, Eric. In dancing, Junjin. And now, Andy's been getting a lot of love ever since We Got Married.

My point is that, Dongwan seemed to be lacking the confidence to push himself forward. He seemd to be uncomfortable that people will compare it to another member. (and I think, it's more bothersome to be compared to a fellow member than another artist). I don't think this is going to go away soon but I just hope he realize that he has enough talent to be noticed and to step away of other members' shadows. Before I even saw who composed what in Shinhwa's 7th jib, Set Free was one of my favorites. And knowing it was Dongwan who made it impressed me a whole lot.

Not used to seeing wannie in a suit... i like him more in casual clothes? anyone with me?

Me too! Though I like it when he wear button-downed shirts~ :D

Guest echoRy

yeah i agree with you there^^^

the thought that DongWan doesn't realize just how amazing he is, is frustrating to even think about!

me luvs Shinhwa crazy, but 2 me hands down oppa is the BEST! in acting my god he moves me, in singing he's on repeat on my ipod all freakin

day, and his dancing...i don't give a poop what anyone else thinks...cause 2 me it is the cutest, dorkiest, hottest thing 2 see!!!

understandably i'm biased duh , but DongWan oppa is the bomb :excl:

p.s. thank u for the pictures! ^_^

your welcome for the pictures ^^ heres some news...

WHO'S GOING? *curious*

[08.07.21][news] Kim Dongwan's first solo showcase since his debut

20080721123511.354.0.jpg20080721123511.354.2.jpg20080721123511.354.1.jpg

Singer Kim Dongwan will hold his first solo showcase since his debut, on 23 July at 6.30pm, at Gwanghwamun's KT Art Hall. This is a commemorative showcase for the release of the repackaged edition of his 2nd album, The Secret Between Us Part II.

At this showcase, he will be performing 5 songs, including the 2 new songs added to the repackaged edition, Love After (Hoo Ae), and the duet with Wanted member Kim Jae Suk, Goodbye Call. Shedding his image as a dance singer from an idol group, he will showcase only Kim Dongwan's style of music. The showcase will also feature him performing with a live band.

In celebration of his first ever solo showcase, Wanted member Kim Jae Suk and singer-songwriter July (Jang Jung Woo), who wrote The Person I Love and Love After, will make guest appearances at the showcase.

In addition, Kim Dongwan will be preparing a surprise event for his fans. For fans who took part in a contest where they sent in postcards stating their reasons for wanting to be a part of the showcase and the song they'd like to hear, lucky winners will be able to be part of the showcase. 

Kim Dongwan is currently in the midst of promotional activities for his follow-up single A Man's Love, and will be releasing his repackaged album on 22 July. The photo MV featuring himself and model Lee Gi Young will also be released both online and offline.

Source: newsen&oceans

Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

OMG girls, I know I keep promising translated goodies (SOOO SORRY! :(), but I'm currently in the midst of trying to do my mountains of homework for this class...but while taking a break, I heard 후애. It's to die for. It sort of reminds me of "Secret" b/c of it's sad lyrics, but electronica-like music - a style I really, really like. But his voice...GAWD, his voice. It's definitely vocally more challenging than "Secret." He goes high and low and everything in between. *is in heaven*

New music from him always gets me kerflumpt. How am I supposed to work now? *puts 후애 on repeat*

His showcase sounds like it's going to be AMAZING. But only 5 songs? That seems really little. Gah, please oh please, fan cams and pictures from this, PLEASSSSSE!

Wannie fighting! I am so proud of you and so proud to be your fan.

Guest maylodie

Various Artist - Smile Again [sarangSangja].mp3

Various Artist - [HQ] Smile.Again.MV [ahboo].avi

(JYP, Jackie Chan, WG, ShinHyeSung, KimDongWan, Battle, SonHoYoung, JangRiIn, KanMiYeon, ChaeYeon, Alex, Wheesung, Brown Eyed Girls,

KimAhJoong, KimDongWan, KimTaeHee, KimYeona, LimJeongHee, MVs, ParkJinYoung, ParkYongHa, Etc.)

Uploaded @ sarangsangja's Clubbox

URL :: http://clubbox.co.kr/sarangsangja

Guest 80slitenite

No worries worldtraveler58! I still haven't listened to 후애. T_T If it is like 비밀 then I'll probably have it on repeat forever because Secret was one of my fav songs off of the album. lol

I'm not sure because of google *shakes fist* but I think this article is talking about all the fans sending in postcards for Dongwan.^^

200807220826541002_1.jpg

[뉴스엔 김형우 기자]

가수 김동완의 첫 솔로 단독 쇼케이스에 팬들의 반응이 폭발적이다.

김동완은 23일 오후 6시 30분부터 서울 광화문 KT아트홀에서 정규 2집 리패키지 앨범 'T he secret ; between us _ part Ⅱ' 발매기념 쇼케이스를 갖는다.

김동완 쇼케이스에 참여하고 싶은 이유와 듣고 싶은 노래를 엽서에 적어 보내면 추첨을 통해 쇼케이스에 참석할 기회를 줄 계획이다. 이에 쇼케이스 개최 발표 소식이 알려지지 않아 500여통이 넘는 엽서가 벌써부터 쇄도하고 있다.

이번 쇼케이스는 2집 리패키지에 수록된 신곡 '후애'와 그룹 원티드의 멤버 김재석 과 듀엣으로 부른 '이별전화'를 포함해 총 5곡을 선보일 예정이다. 아이돌 그룹 출신 댄스가수로서의 이미지를 벗고, 김동완만의 음악을 솔직하게 보여주고자 리얼 밴드와 코러스까지 준비했다.

특히 이번 김동완의 첫 단독 쇼케이스를 축하하기 위해 원티드 멤버 김재석과 김동완의 2집 수록곡 '사랑하는 사람아'와 이번 리팩 앨범의 신곡 '후애'를 작곡한 신예 작곡가이자 가수인 JULY(장정우)가 게스트로 참석할 예정이다.

또 이번 쇼케이스가 특별한 무대인만큼 김동완 팬들에게 깜짝 이벤트를 마련했다.

한편, 김동완은 후속곡 ‘남자의 사랑 ’으로 활동 중이며 오는 22일 리팩앨범 발매를 비롯해 모델 이기용과 함께 촬영한 ‘남자의 사랑 ’ 포토 뮤직비디오가 온-오프라인을 통해서 모두 공개된다.

김형우 cox109@newsen.com

기사제보 및 보도자료 newsen@newsen.com

손에 잡히는 뉴스, 눈에 보이는 뉴스(www.newsen.com)

copyrightⓒ 뉴스엔. 무단전재 & 재배포 금지

Guest 80slitenite

Do any of you know if anyone has translated Dongwan's 2nd album?

080722 Dongwan 바람의 노래 LIVE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZgXFEQJ2iOg

Someone took a pic of I think all the pics in the repack. I repeat took a pic not scanned. Yoenin scans some, but this is to show how much more there are. Man I really need to find a way to get this album. orz

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=445342486&c...%BB%B0&pn=0

Guest 80slitenite

[08.07.23][notice] H2: Kim Dongwan's first solo concert - PROMISE

Autumn is here, so spend it with the man you want to love - Kim Dongwan's First "약속, Promise, やくそく, 约定"

Dedicated to the local and overseas fans who have stayed with him for the past 10 years, Kim Dongwan's first promise to them - on September 20 and 21, his first solo concert at Ewha Women's University <약속, Promise, やくそく, 约定>

<Performance details>

- Performance title: Kim Dongwan's First Concert <약속, Promise, やくそく, 约定>

- Performance date: 20-21 Sept 2008, 7pm

- Performance venue: Ewha Women's University, Main Hall

- Ticket prices: Section R - 77,000won / Section S: 66,000won / Section A: 55,000won

- Organizer: H2 Entertainment

- Managed by: Lojit Entertainment

- Enquiries: Interpark 1544-1555

Source: H2 Entertainment & Oceans

Chi trans: 虫虫猪猪 @ bestshinhwa.com

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

Guest jangneri

Thank you for the link to all the pictures~! ^^

I'm going to post up the scans from yoenin in a while. :D And yey for him performing Wind's Song~ That was one of my favorite tracks in his second jib~ fun! Park Kyung Lim looked so proud~ :D

EDIT// I didn't want to post the pictures here since we have enough pics on this page but nobody is posting yet and I can't wait... XDDD

1216679017dw2ndrepack01qb2.jpg

1216679017dw2ndrepack02kn4.jpg

1216679017dw2ndrepack03gn1.jpg

1216679017dw2ndrepack04us8.jpg

1216679017dw2ndrepack05sw0.jpg

1216679017dw2ndrepack06vt7.jpg

1216679017dw2ndrepack07ze4.jpg

1216679017dw2ndrepack08bw5.jpg

1216679017dw2ndrepack09ya0.jpg

1216679017dw2ndrepack10jw6.jpg

credits: yoenin + shinhwachangjo.net