Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

Oooooh, thanks for the scans jangneri. I'm going to read them when I have more time, but for now, the pics are HOT.

I just saw the WanDy special stage on Music Bank...Dongwan singing "Propose" with Andy and their cute antics with each other = GAHHHH! I'm sorry, forget Anbi....it's ALL about WanDy!

DW was also on Taeyeon and Kangin's Chin Chin Radio show this morning (well, morning for me, evening in Korea). If his previous appearance on Kim Sun Hee's radio program was all about sunbaes loving on DW, this was all about the hoobaes love for him, LoL. Kangin is such a fanboy of DW, it's adorable. Taeyeon said that they're both "wit guys" of their respective groups, so they both introduced themselves like that (DW: "Hi, I'm Shinhwa's Wit Guy"; KI: "Hi, I'm Suju's Wit guy." kekeke). KI also said that he admired how DW is a multi-tainer and said he wanted to model his career after DW's. Also, DW kept saying how pretty Taeyeon was and jokingly only paying attention to her, so KI kept getting jealous. XD It was cute to listen to. And Taeyeon, as well all know, has been a big fan of his, even before her debut.

And he keeps mentioning his solo concert in these radio appearances (!!!!!!!) - it'll be held in September. I wonder if he'll do what Kangta did...do his concert and then go for his enlistment. Man, that concert will be emotional.

EDIT: Hehe, you were close to topping a page, jangneri. Here are caps from Music Bank. The Wandy ones are from Newsen and the Wanjindy ones (Click on the picture to see it bigger) are from yoenin (I love how they're color-coordinated with each other. And *snort* at DW wearing JJ's goggles).

200806061903141002_2.jpghyc08060601.jpg

Guest tortyserox

available in CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/wackycashew

Do NOT take these HQ cuts out of this clubbox. Thanks! :D

Andy & Kim Dongwan - Propose + Secret Special Stage on Music Bank (2008-06-06) [cashewmania] [67.9MB]

NEW files uploaded to wackycashew cb from June 4-11. Please download from there. Thanks! ^_^

[08.06.07][News] "It's been 10 years but it feels like I've just learnt to sing."

Kim Dongwan, who recently released his 2nd solo album modestly said, "It's been 10 years but it feels like I've just learnt to sing."

Promoting "Handkerchief" last year, the solo singer is back with his second solo title track, "Secret" and has been actively promoting it.

Kim Dongwan expressed, "During the first album, being on stage alone was tiring.. hence, my strengths were not shown."

But Kim Dongwan does not seem to have any confidence, "As for singing, I've gain a little confidence only recently. I hope my solo stage will not disappoint fans."

He was very happy and thank fans for their love. "Although I've been singing for 10 years, there are still a lot that I want to show to fans."

Source:O6

Chinese translation:juyan@junjinchina

Eng-Chi translation: jiahhui @ shinhwa.biz

If you do take out, please leave credits.

DW on Kangin and Taeyeon's Chin Chin Radio (Is it just me or does it look he's gaining weight? His face doesn't look as gaunt):

dwchinchin1.jpg

dwchinchin2.jpg

And this isn't directly DW related, but look at the adorable DW/JJ/Shinhwa fans at the Dream Concert! DW nor any of the other members were there, but they went and showed off their orange pride.

(Credits to miss_lakwon in the Dream Concert thread)

ec82aceca784080607004ga8.jpg

ec82aceca784080607001fg9.jpg

ec82aceca784080607002bb2.jpg

^*sigh* Be still my beating heart. Gah! He's just too handsome. And you know how DW, in the past, was made fun of by the other members for looking old (which he totally didn't) probably due to his smile lines? (DW also said he started to look much older after excessively working out) I think he looks like he could be the youngest now, seriously. It's like he's getting younger, not older.

In regards to his Song Battle appearance...Can we have a program where DW is just singing random songs ALL. THE. TIME? Seriously. I've said this before, he could be singing random numbers from the phone book and I'd be happy. I love when he sung Lee Seung Gi's "Because You're My Woman." All of DW's Noona fans must've been happy lol. :P

Here's a clip of the new show on SBS's Good Sunday that will be airing next Sunday:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r7nUcr9vh7I

Can't wait!

This very old noona is VERY HAPPY! LOL!

Can't wait for more of DW next week. Is he MC or just guest for one week. Still confused....

I love when he sung Lee Seung Gi's "Because You're My Woman." All of DW's Noona fans must've been happy lol. :P

Here's a clip of the new show on SBS's Good Sunday that will be airing next Sunday:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r7nUcr9vh7I

Can't wait!

Guest jangneri

(Is it just me or does it look he's gaining weight? His face doesn't look as gaunt)

YEAH!!! I noticed the same thing too~ Especially since he began changing his outfit style when performing Secret. He's been wearing sleeveless shirts lately and you could see his arms are toned unlike before. I'm so happy he's gaining weight~ His dimples are a lot noticeable too~ :D

And you know how DW, in the past, was made fun of by the other members for looking old (which he totally didn't) probably due to his smile lines? (DW also said he started to look much older after excessively working out)

HAHAHAHA. True! That's why his nickname is Uncle Dongwan. He once said that Eric's the one who likes to tease him a lot~ To think he's the oldest! ahahahahaha~ And yeah, he said he stopped working out too much because he tends to look older... Actually, it was rather true. I remember during their 3rd jib~ he looked a lot older than his age...

I'm really happy he was featured in Song Challenge~ I was hoping for that during his 1st jib but it didn't happen. So I'm really ecstatic he finally guested~

Is he MC or just guest for one week. Still confused....

Yeah, I'm actually curious too~ I like seeing him emcee for Inkigayo, after all, he has been the second Inkigayo MC (and the second longest MC too~ First being Andy)

Guest aindy

[08.06.09] [interview] T people calls the brand ‘Kim Dongwan’

NO HOTLINKING AND PROPER CREDITS IF TAKING OUT.

THANK YOU.

16945311fy7.jpg

As our interview with Kim Dongwan, who will be releasing his second album <Secret>, is nearing, we did a search with his name, ‘Kim Dongwan’ and we got a result of a Brand. And on the site, we found his MV and biography.

‘Kim Dongwan’, a brand? No doubt it was a marketing effort on the company’s part, but we wanted to know more about this ‘Brand’. Shinhwa’s Kim Dongwan, Solo Singer Kim Dongwan, Actor Kim Dongwan, ordinary Kim Dongwan... It is interesting to see all these Brands roll into one person, and he, is looking forward to succeed in his thirties and is working towards it, an ordinary man Kim Dongwan.

T: Solo singer Kim Dongwan and Shinhwa’s Kim Dongwan, are they the same?

KDW: The major difference probably comes from the kind of songs. The kind of songs I sing as a solo, and the kind of songs I perform on stage as a band, even if the feeling is the same. But because of my image and some of my habits, the differences are not obvious. I hope that is okay.

T: Shinhwa’s music and Kim Dongwan’s music, there appears to be some difference.

KDW: Yes. In fact there is a huge difference. For Shinhwa, there is more computerized music, but in my second album there are variations. This is because there is electronic music, live band music and so there are differences.

16943901js5.jpg

T: All the attention is put on one person for solo singers; this is unlike being in a band.

KDW: I used to be part of a manufactured group, and even now the manufactured parts are still quite plenty since I'm not a creator, but I don't deny that that it's different for activities nowadays. When we're active as Shinhwa we can see how the group moves as a whole, but for my own solo activities, I'll inject more of my own thoughts and opinions. If I don't work this way, I don't think I'll do it at all.

T: What is the trend of your second album?

KDW: A more electronic style with band music, the title track has been changed several times actually. The title track chosen was based on the producers’ decisions, and for myself, I found it quite uneasy that I wasn’t persistent in pushing for my own ideas. But if I was persistent, I should be producing my album and since I’m not at that stage, I can’t be too assertive. I want to hold concerts more than carrying out promotional activities. But because it is something I can’t do it on my own, I can only take in other people’s ideas and seize the chance to prove myself. I will not insist on activities just for the sake of it.

T: What did you wish for the title track to be?

KDW: It’s the tenth song ‘Someone I like’. It is not a trendy song, or one that is seeking to impress, but one where I can just sing with my feelings, and I’m very satisfied with the lyrics.

T: Singer Kim Dongwan and Actor Kim Dongwan, who will get a higher grade?

KDW: Both will not score because I’ve not done enough, and this is not the right time to be passing scores. In my 20s, I was still in the midst of finding my way. Because I can’t find my forte, I can’t be grading myself but I hope to be doing things that are worth grading when I return from the army. And so, I must give everything a try, and I am grateful for having the opportunities to do so and the fans have been my source of energy, they have given me a lot of help.

16943902yw6.jpg

T: What do you think the charm of acting?

KDW: I can live other people’s life in a drama, and even if I do not appear in that hour, my story still continues. In that hour, it might not be on me, it can be about my co-actors, or other people through me and it just goes on playing. No matter where, we strive to move other people and that is charming. Additionally, music and acting gives a different feeling where for music, wherever a person is, happy or sad, he or she can be listening to music, and be moved by it. It will be great if my music can do that.

T: A kind man, an evil man, you’ve acted them all. What do you learn after leading those lives?

KDW: When I played the kind man, I thought, ‘Ah, he’s too kind, just like a pabo’, for the bad guy he was ‘too evil’ and so, it seems that I couldn’t really fully sympathise with the 2 characters and I hope I’ll be able to do so in future. In ‘Goodbye Sorrow’, I could made efforts to understand why the character was so kind even though he was in such pain. But when I had to play the bad guy, I just couldn’t understand how a person could be so bad; wouldn’t he feel bad carrying out such evil actions? It was a pity I wasn’t able to understand the character well enough. Hopefully, I’ll be able to play characters without judging them right from the start.

16943903gp2.jpg

T: What would you want to play next?

KDW: I hope to play a good person. Not him leading a peaceful life, but one full of twists and turns.

T: Is Kim Dongwan a kind person?

KDW: I am kind, but sometimes I can get quite impatient. And I can become very defensive too.

T: Have you already decided which means more to you, singing or acting?

KDW: No. But for acting it's hard. At that time I felt I could portray the roles and I could show viewers what the character should be. But now, I’m not in a rush to go into acting because I don’t feel I can play a role to its fullest yet, and so I hope to lead a normal life during my enlistment, and to observe myself a lot more.

T: You are enlisting this year. What are your thoughts as Celebrity Kim Dongwan and ordinary Kim Dongwan?

KDW: I just hope to be myself. For 10 years, I didn’t really lead a normal life, because as a celebrity wherever you go, you will be noticed and so you can’t do the simplest things in life. Since I have led my 20s like this, I hope to but a pause to it, hoping to return to a regular life, not thinking about the entertainment industry and I do look forward to life after my 20s.

T: Looking back, summarize your 20s life.

KDW: The entertainment industry is a forest adventure, you take risks and you explore.

T: Was that adventure fun?

KDW: Of course. There were a lot of issues, but there were no enormous failures nor success and it seems I was able to lead a more fulfilling life.

16944008ih0.jpg

T: What will Kim Dongwan’s 30s be like?

KDW: I hope to have a breakthrough, something that everyone will envy me for, and something that is worth me being proud of, that is my target.

T: For the past 10 years, what we see on screen and what we see in real life, are there any differences?

KDW: I worked hard to remove any differences and I think there shouldn’t be any. I did not want to portray an image that was not me. But I do make changes. Like when I lack confidence, I try to change for the better. I hope I can be more self-confident in my 30s.

T: Shinhwa member Kim Dongwan gives people a friendly and approachable feeling; will you hope to achieve an unapproachable charm in your 30s?

KDW: I will not want that for my fans, and it will be weird if I do. Just like what Park Ji Sung has said, before a match you’ll feel like you’re the star. But if everyone thinks like that, it seems a little unreasonable. Think of yourself as a team player. Park Ji Sung’s believes that your mentor is as good as your parents and so when I want to shine, I must put in my effort. Be it in front of the camera of on stage, I must be humble and hardworking.

T: Are there times when you can't get something because people think you're unfriendly?

KDW: A lot, but even so, it’s ok.

T: What are your dreams as celebrity Kim Dongwan and as a 30-year-old Korean man?

KDW: As a man, I will want to get married before 35, form a happy family and as a celebrity, as I’ve mentioned earlier, I want to have a breakthrough, something I will be proud of. An acting dae-sang? Right now I prefer being a singer to an actor so I hope when I’m in my 30s, I will get an award for acting.

T: Hope we will see you with the award.

KDW: Thank you.

16944010zt1.jpg

Source: T world&oceans' six

Chi translation: 蕞璦de浣熊@kimdongwan.cn

Eng translation: aimeepok@shinhwa.biz

Guest 80slitenite

What does it say under his signature? Happiness...

It will be hard imagining him married. As we all know he'll make a good husband and father at the same time. Its just I'm not ready to see him take on that role yet. I want him to really continue developing and creating the music he is aiming for and acting also. Some might say he can continue to do that while he's married, but I think he will focus on marriage and fatherhood significantly to the point where we won't see him active as a solo artist. He'll end up stepping back from the entertainment biz as a solo artist until perhaps he gets an itch for the Celebrity Kim Dongwan again.

2008.06.01 Kim Dongwan - Handkerchief[Fancam]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trIG5Q-xp64

2008.06.01 Dongwan watching Junjin perform Wa [Fancam] Saranghae Park Choong Jae! XDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocrPEZJ54_w

Guest hazrinaer

In my opinion Dongwan looks more attractive now..

at first minwoo who catch my eyes but now I also love dongwan.well i love them all.

Wannie interviews are <3. Even though he might think otherwise, he's accomplished SO much during his 20's, gaining recognition as both a singer and actor. Many people try to do both, but he's one of the few that's succeeded, getting awards and recognition and taken seriously for it. I have no doubt that he'll win an acting daesang one day. Be in a sageuk, oppa! A lot of daesang winners recently have been from sageuks...and it's another way to gain legitimacy as a true actor in Korea.

KDW: A more electronic style with band music, the title track has been changed several times actually. The title track chosen was based on the producers’ decisions, and for myself, I found it quite uneasy that I wasn’t persistent in pushing for my own ideas. But if I was persistent, I should be producing my album and since I’m not at that stage, I can’t be too assertive. I want to hold concerts more than carrying out promotional activities. But because it is something I can’t do it on my own, I can only take in other people’s ideas and seize the chance to prove myself. I will not insist on activities just for the sake of it.

From this quote and from his several interviews, I get the sense that Wannie is slightly over the whole "celebrity star" thing...that is, appearing on variety shows and selling yourself rather than selling your "art." To become popular in the music industry, whether in the past or the present, your music and/or dancing is (sadly) secondary to your looks, personality, other talents, etc. This is why you see idol groups EVERYWHERE these days, doing every entertainment-related thing.

Seeing how DW wants to give concerts instead of promotional stuff, as well as his desire to do non-trendy, band music, I can picture him maybe having a music career like Yoon Do Hyun when he's older. Instead of focusing on promotional activities (YDH rarely comes out on variety programs), he and his band give concerts all over the country. DW's close hyung, Kim Jang Hoon, does that too. And they're both extremely respected in the industry. I don't know if you guys remember his appearance at the Vocal Company Concert but during the ment, the band director (who also did directing on DW's albums), said that DW requested to be a part of this because he wanted to sing band music with other talented (albeit a bit unknown) singers.

YDH has also been married for awhile and has a daughter...so while I think you're right, 80slitenite, that when he's married and a family man he definitely won't be as active as he is now, I don't think that means he'll be completely inactive. I just think he'll be focusing more on the "art" part of entertainment, rather than the marketing/promoting/being a "star" part. I think that will go for his acting too. I don't know about you all, but I look forward to see what kind of music and acting he'll do when he's older (and married with children)...seeing as I'll be older and hopefully married with children by then too. :)

Some goodies~

Wandy practicing for their Special stage - Serious must-see. I was cracking up when I saw this, esp. when Andy was trying to do that sexy move during the narration part of Secret and ended up tickling and embarrassing Wannie lol.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2QpVOPbuuQE

Pictures from "The Family Came" variety show - airing this Sunday (Credits: skirtwind + SBS + ShinHwaChangJo.net + shinhwa.biz - fyi, O6 says that DW isn't a permanent MC and the SBS site doesn't have his picture on the front page with the other MC's):

0611fa02nw0.jpg

0611fa03bz9.jpg

0611fa04fm6.jpg

0611fa01ds6.jpg

Heh, I feel like I'm a Dongwan reporter or something :P

Just read an article about how Junjin is going to be on "Change" in an attempt to trick Dongwan! I couldn't fully understand the article (again, will wait for a translated article), but it had to do with JJ being a choreographer (I think) and upgrading Bimil's boxing dance. The article was like, can DW be fooled? Can't wait to see it!

Well you are doing excellent job as Dongwan reporter! LOL!

Thank you so much for keeping us posted. Can't wait to see both shows.

Heh, I feel like I'm a Dongwan reporter or something :P

Just read an article about how Junjin is going to be on "Change" in an attempt to trick Dongwan! I couldn't fully understand the article (again, will wait for a translated article), but it had to do with JJ being a choreographer (I think) and upgrading Bimil's boxing dance. The article was like, can DW be fooled? Can't wait to see it!

Guest jangneri

ust read an article about how Junjin is going to be on "Change" in an attempt to trick Dongwan!

I had a feeling something like this is going to happen~ ahahahahahaha.

And I watched that rehearsal clip of WanDy. OMG, Dongwan's so funny hitting Andy's butt and saying "You did well~" just like Solbi whenever she's praising Andy. XDDD

Here's the translated "Change" article!

[08.06.12][news] Junjin on CHANGE: Can he fool Kim Dongwan?

Last seen on Change as the victim of Lee Jihoon's prank, Junjin appears on Change again with a vengeance, this time his intended victim is fellow Shinhwa member Kim Dongwan.

Junjin will disguise himself as a dance choreographer named Chris, at the same time showing off his real dancing skills. He will attempt to impart these dancing skills to Kim Dongwan by teaching him an upgraded version of Dongwan's own boxing dance - the cockroach dance.

Will Kim Dongwan be able to perform the cockroach dance and will he be able to see through Junjin's disguise?

(non-Dongwan related part deleted)

This episode will be aired on June 15 at 5.20pm.

Source: newsen

Chi trans: yujin@bestshinhwa

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

Coackroach dance? Buhahaha. I kinda have a feeling that DW is gonna figure it out. :P Either way, sounds like it's going to be hilarious. I can't wait for this Sunday! After a slew of appearances, he's been kinda quiet this week (preparing/meeting/planning for his concert perhaps? *ohpleaseohplease*)...and then comes at us with 3 appearances on one day.