Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

Guest pitchyaa

Thanks for the trans in the radio show.. worldtraveler58

soo what's show is he gonna paticipate in?? especially with other member..

i really want to watch him more and more when think of the fact that he's gonna enlist soon

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aindy

[08.05.30] [News] Kim Dongwan, "As time goes by, SHINHWA became better"

NO HOTLINKING AND PROPER CREDITS IF TAKING OUT.

THANK YOU.

1212112814875816pp08053uw7.jpg

KimDongWan, "As time goes by, SHINHWA too is getting better and better"

"To me SHINHWA is a charming group too"

10th years of debut under SHINHWA, to Kim Dongwan 'SHINHWA' had became part of his important spot in life. Recent he had accept an interview with SPN, KimDongWan said "Although while listening to it it's like a self praising, but without SHINHWA, Kim Dongwan will not be singing and acting like he wants now."

Kim Dongwan express "I have many ideas in mind, but there are not serious enough. I always have times of making the wrong decision" and continue "But no matter what i will still discuss with the members first then only make my own final decision."

He add on "The person who fulfil this loophole (his doubtness on decision) is Eric, Hyesung & Minwoo. With's Eric's ability in situation analytic, Hyesung will think of what other people will not thought off. Although Minwoo is a dongsaeng, but he can see the strength of the whole forest than one tree itself. With 3 of their analytic, they can come out with a very good answer."

Under the same roof doing the process together too will have times of misleading. SHINHWA's debut period there were times when the members were having different decision/thought and sometimes they will have to solve it with a punch in hand. But as time goes by, the understanding between each member too became deeply written onto their soul, thus they had become 'brothers' now. Idol group's survivial are normally does not exceed more than 5 years, but SHINHWA's period of being together is 2 times of 5 years, and now they has became part of the legand in the music biz, and made their own top spot in the biz too.

Kim Dongwan said "if there's a though of fixing/focus only onto solo activities then we will disband. The members placed SHINHWA related matters all up to their heart, and the group is much more important than anything else. The last concert we were making jokes among ourselves and said "Aint it charming/gorgeous?" at the same time drinking saying "Never disband" "Lets walk to the end together", now we are mixing with each other real well", KimDongWan smiled while saying this.

Kim Dongwan "Age 30, 10th years of debut, and enlistment... Looking the world in a clearer view slowly now"

With the name Kim Dongwan in SHINHWA... "The self soul searching process"

1212112805050655pp08053ga7.jpg

"Debuted for 10years and achieving what i have now suddenly became clear to me. I ideal image & the public's ideal image on me, there was once a diversation towards this, but now i had completely grab hold onto it."

After debut for 10 years, to an artist it is very late that he had learned to face everything calmly. Since debut he has been working hard and moving ful forward, to the people around him his current image is a very late image which he should have grab hold earlier. After through 10 years of battle, in the future he will adjust everything to become a better him.

Kim Dongwan although is one of the member of the legandary SHINHWA, but actually since debut he has been not satisfy on doing activities under the group. So he had made an early solo activities, acting in "Heaven's child, "Fibrillation Hear", "Goodbye Sadness" and so on other drama. But while runing acting activities and making a depletion he had suddenly feel even depress. So his new conclusion was to let himself an even more spacious time alone.

"Now to me everything needs even more time, an experience of daily life time. Although i did not accomplish many dramas/work but i still feel lack of this time period. Acting is important but if you does not own this 'reality' then it is hard for you to touches everybody's heart. (means needs time to develope yourself into the cast in able to understand your position in the plot drama)"

Although i have a 10 years experience with SHINHWA, but i debuted in an earlier period. From highschool period i had been working in the biz as a 'star child' and leading to a different life than a normal person, til now. So i have an incomplete of normal life experience comparing with the others.

Because of the stress given by the bos and went out to grab a drink, i have not experience this once at all. Because of this i can never act the reality out in my acting. So in the otherhand i am quite anticipating on my enlistment life. Enlisting is like a student life where you need to obey all the rules, and staying away from the biz, not being as an artist, back to the normal person Kim Dongwan.

Although after the enlistment there will be a different and much more topic to talk abut, but the recent release 2nd album "The Secret" is KimDongWan's last album before enlistment, is my solo 2nd album, so there will be a huge stress and burden towards it."

"Of course i had been distressed about it for quite some time. But my greed tell me that i should not thought it as my last work, because there is still SHINHWA, and with the name KimDongWan i should carry on. My dont have a high pitch voice so i am suitable with alot of kinds of music, it is also a chance for me to find my suitable set of color. In this album i had learn lots and lots of things."

He said that in this album production was to search for Kim Dongwan's time. Through this period a conclusion saying that KimDongwan will be getting ready for his enlistment, then will be going to Japan to make a refreshment and then only make his next preparation of decision.

"How i look towards onto my own 20s, i was not clear on how i was looking into my first solo album. After the solo album being release i became so lost that i did not know how to sing better in the song. In 20s with the name SHINHWA, and KimDongWan, what is suitable for me, i'm always troubled with this. One phrase, all these is too seek for a time of my self soul. I will carrying on my acitivities with this feeling, wearing an outfit which suits me and showing the real me out on stage."

1212112806335400pp08053gx7.jpg

Kim Dongwan "Marriage... would like to hold one quickly"

1212112984040420pp08053md4.jpg

Not long ago in a broadcast he had revealed his ideal female "Through experience, i hope it's a girl with bloody type A". Lee Hyori replied through the interview and said "Ain't it me?".

Related staff questioned Kim Dongwan "How if Hyori being your girlfriend?" and he answer "She's a nice girl" "But to me Hyori has been a friend for quite a long period, our friendship has been stabled, so there isnt any thought of exceeding more than our current friendship."

Addition he was being question "When will you get married?" , and he replied "If there's any progress anytime will be possible, but i hope it will be soon", and continue "Because I'm a Christian so i hope my partner too is as same as me."

Kim Dongwan is currently running his 2nd solo album activity with his hit song "Secret". Kim Dongwan will be enlisting for 2 years military service after his solo activities ended.

Source: Oceans6

Cn Trans: 染@bestshinhwa.com

Eng Trans: amane86@myshinhwa, shinhwa.biz

Guest jangneri

"Because I'm a Christian so i hope my partner too is as same as me."

WOOOT! We can be! <33 hahahaha~ I guess he looks forward to enlistment in a positive way. After all, he's been in showbiz almost 1/3 of his life so two years of being normal and well-grounded man is something he actually welcomes. Which is really nice... I know atleast that when he finish his service, he'd feel more accomplished and happy.

Guest lyyduh

He's so nice and sweet :) I love him. Does anyone know what camera he uses for his personal photos/photography?

Guest theLEGEND

He's so nice and sweet :) I love him. Does anyone know what camera he uses for his personal photos/photography?

All I know, his previous camera was Nikon D40 but he just bought a new camera recently, you can take a look from his latest diary entry. I don't know the brand though. Hope that helps~ :)

Guest lyyduh

All I know, his previous camera was Nikon D40 but he just bought a new camera recently, you can take a look from his latest diary entry. I don't know the brand though. Hope that helps~ :)

Thank you! :)

Guest hwangb0<3

"Because I'm a Christian so i hope my partner too is as same as me."

Hwangbo is a Christian isn't she :)) I really hope to see them ( or her w/ any Shinhwa member on WJGM :w00t:

Guest robotic

This is an interesting topic..

Actually Dongwan's dslr is a Nikon D80 not a D40 (the d40 is entry-level whereas the d80 is more semi-pro)

I have the same dslr myself and its superb <3

DSC_0142.jpg

1205992325_18.jpg

I could be wrong but his new camera looks like some kind of compact Leica (maybe a D-Lux 3) - very expensive.. these cameras can range ~$1000 -$5000

1211904462_gain.jpg

I can only imagine the many many cameras and lens Dongwan owns to satisfy his photography interests...

He seriously has great taste for expensive toys =)

Guest jangneri

I can only imagine the many many cameras and lens Dongwan owns to satisfy his photography interests...

He seriously has great taste for expensive toys =)

AHAHAHA. I know what you mean. XDD And that doesn't even include his other electronic stuff and cars. XDDD Though I think some of them are given by his fans~

Dongwan has very generous fans who buys him expensive gifts every year for his birthday. They bought him scooter, piano, camera, name-brand bags, and etc.

The only thing I heard/read about that Dongwan buys himself is camera and lens.

AHAHAHA. I know what you mean. XDD And that doesn't even include his other electronic stuff and cars. XDDD Though I think some of them are given by his fans~

wannie bought a new camera? haha wannie <3 xD.

wonder what his house looks like hmm :P *curious* haha

omg i finally got a hold on wannie's album, downloading it cuz the places i downloaded from didnt work on windows media player or VLC etc. so im happy ^^.

Guest jangneri

^ Dongwan's house was featured in a magazine before. They had a before and after look of the apartment before Dongwan had it redesigned. And it was also shown in Sunday Sunday Night.... not sure if that's the show, but I know it's an MBC show. They even tried on Dongwan's collection of helmets but his helmets couldn't fit any of the three MCs~ ahahahaha. Dongwan is known for his small head. :D That's why people were so interested when he and Han Ye Seul were MCs in Inkigayo because both of them have small heads - a sign of beauty in Korea if I'm not mistaken.

Did you guys see Economy Vitamin that aired this week? Dongwan is so smart. He is the winner of this show. He got the highest points!

Yes! Our Wannie is so smart (reminds me of the time he won Star Golden Bell back in 2004). I was cracking up when they went through his bag - he's so possessive and protective of that thing that I was surprised that he let them do that!

wonder what his house looks like hmm :P *curious* haha

If you go to Wannie's thread in the k-drama section, there are pictures of DW's house in the magazine jangneri was talking about on the first page.

And it was also shown in Sunday Sunday Night.... not sure if that's the show, but I know it's an MBC show. They even tried on Dongwan's collection of helmets but his helmets couldn't fit any of the three MCs~ ahahahaha. Dongwan is known for his small head. biggrin.gif That's why people were so interested when he and Han Ye Seul were MCs in Inkigayo because both of them have small heads - a sign of beauty in Korea if I'm not mistaken.

That show was the best! The announcer (Oh Sang Jin) is a cutie too. And yup, small heads, more specifically a small face, is the ideal standard of Korean beauty. Remember in his appearance on Sang Sang Plus where he had Solbi imitate the fans that would go, "Oppa, your face is so small!" while he was singing? LOL.

Did you all see him MC-ing Inkigayo today? *wipes up drool* He wore a white tank with a vest and he looked so friggin sexy. And he's such a natural MC - it's like he never left the position. And he must've been happy b/c he got to interview the Wonder Girls!

Oh! Also, he was on a viewable radio on the 29th - there wasn't anything new in the interview to pass along since the emphasis was on the live singing corners. DW was a guest with an older duo group who he was a big fan of and they were just gushing out the love for DW too (I love when our guy is complimented, esp. by older singers). Anyway, he sang "A Man's Love" and for the first time, "Good Person." Seriously, his live is even BETTER than the recording, it's amazing.

Guest kriza_09

Did you all see him MC-ing Inkigayo today? *wipes up drool* He wore a white tank with a vest and he looked so friggin sexy. And he's such a natural MC - it's like he never left the position. And he must've been happy b/c he got to interview the Wonder Girls!

YES I SAW HIM!!!! AT INKIGAYO!!!! ^^

he's so handsome.... he really is.... i didn't know he was the MC yesterday.. i went there just to see his performance... but then he appeared as the MC!!!

and after inkigayo, he had another schedule to perform at some park... Junjin was there too....

he sang Secret and Handkerchief.. and after he's done, he waited for Junjin's performance... he was watching from the side of the stage when junjin was performing.. he was like waving along.... so cute.. ^^

Archived