B O A (보아) * Official Thread

Guest jnnfr

Guest hanjin90

NEWS

20070515113610.199.0.jpg

보아, "대학? 유령학생 될 게 뻔해 생각없다"

[마이데일리 = 이규림 기자] 가수 보아가 당장은 대학에 진학할 계획이 없다고 밝혔다.

보아는 케이블 채널 Mnet의 프로그램 '21세기 아티스트'에 출연해 "사실 나의 직업은 학벌이 중요하지는 않다"며 "학벌보다는 사람의 감성이나 능력을 더 중요시 한다고 생각하기 때문에 지금 당장은 대학에 진학할 생각이 없다"고 말했다.

보아는 "많은 사람들이 사회인으로 성장하기 위해 학교에 다니는데 나는 그런 중간 과정이 없어 참 아쉬운 것이 사실"이라고 설명하며 "하지만 사회 생활을 경험한 것만으로도 만족한다"고 전했다.

"가수 활동을 받아주는 학교가 없어서 검정고시를 봐야했다"고 자신의 학창 시절을 설명한 보아는 "사실 대학교에 가봐야 지금 상태에서는 출석도 못할 것 같고 유령학생이 될 것이 뻔하다"며 "그런 공부는 의미가 없기 때문에 나중에 여유가 되고 시간이 주어진다면 제대로 공부를 하고 싶다"고 학업을 이어갈 생각이 있음을 드러냈다.

보아는 현재 일본에서 새 앨범 '스윗 임팩트(Sweet Impact)'로 활동하고 있다.

[사진=마이데일리 사진 DB]

(이규림 기자 tako@mydaily.co.kr)

[고뉴스] 2007년 05월 15일(화) 오후 01:10

(고뉴스=백민재 기자) "어떻게 보면 대한민국 국민 모두가 나의 성장기를 보고 있잖아요. 무섭기도 하고 좋기도 하고…. 저를 어떻게 봐달라는 말은 못 하겠어요. 저를 보고 판단하는 것은 여러분들의 권한이자 특권이니까. 대신 지켜보시는 만큼 항상 최선을 다하고 싶은 마음이에요."

성인이 된 보아가 케이블 채널 M.net 창사특집 '21C 아티스트' 마지막 주인공으로 출연한다. 보아는 이 프로그램을 통해 이제 성인이 돼 바라보는 자신의 이야기들을 담담하게 털어놓는다.

보아는 성인이 된 후 확실히 달라진 점에 대해 "운전면허, 술…? 가장 신기한 것은 일본에서 'Winter Love'라는 실연의 아픔을 담은 발라드를 불렀는데, 팬들이 공감해 준다는 점이었다. 지금까지 10대들의 밝은 면을 많이 불렀는데, 이제 나도 20대의 사랑 노래를 할 수 있겠다고 느꼈다"고 밝혔다.

"혼자 일본에 갔을 때는 친구도 없어 많이 외로웠다"는 그녀는 처음으로 익힌 한자도 눈물 루(淚)였다고 한다. 뛰어난 일본어 실력과 가창력을 가진 그녀가 대학 진학하기는 쉬워 보인다. 그러나 보아는 뜻밖에 대학 진학을 거부했다.

보아는 "사실 내 직업이 학벌을 중요시하지는 않는다. 학벌보다는 사람의 감성이나 능력을 더 중요시한다고 생각한다"고 말했다.

이어 "고등학교도 못 가고 검정고시로 끝냈는데 대학 가봤자 출석도 안되고 유령학생이 될게 뻔하지 않나? 그런 공부는 의미가 없다. 나중에 여유도 되고 시간이 주어진다면 제대로 공부하고 싶다"는 것이 보아의 말이다.

더불어 "많은 사람들이 사회인으로 성장하기 위해 학교를 다닌다. 난 그런 중간 과정이 없어 참 아쉽지만 대신 많은 사회생활을 경험한 걸로 만족한다. 검정고시를 본 이유도 가수 활동 때문에 받아주는 학교가 없었던 것. 아쉽지만 후회는 없다"고 대답했다.

20살이 되어 만나는 보아. "일본에서보다 더 멋진 공연을 한국에서 하고 싶다"는 그녀의 솔직하고 당당한 이야기는 5월 15일 오후 11시 Mnet '21C 아티스트'를 통해 공개된다.

nescafe@gonews.co.kr

i hope sum1 will summarize these articles ^

Thanx!

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ssyc

Hello suejinners, i would like to be added to the fanlist ...I'm Stephanie

Thx~

Edit:

BoA is just too perfect! :D

Guest ZZOOzzoo

BoA Says College Education "Meaningless" to Her

For those who found it odd that BoA has yet to enter college when many top colleges in Korea would gladly accept her just for her name value, she finally has an answer. In an interview with M-Net, a Korean cable channel, BoA explained her decision not to pursue any college education--for now.

She said that her primary reason was, quite predictably, that as a singer she does not really need a college degree. "In the entertainment industry, college degrees hardly matter; people care more about one's natural ability or sensibility," explained BoA.

"I didn't even have time to finish high school. Even if I got into a college, I would miss most of the classes. That would be meaningless. Later on in my life when I have more free time, I want to pursue education in fields that I am truly interested in."

She is not without regret, though. "Most people learn to socialize in school. I wish I hadn't bypassed that process, but at least I had a lot of hands-on real life experience. It's a pity, but I don't feel too sorry for it."

The said interview will be broadcast on M-net in Korea on May 15th.

Credits:

Site: www.BoAjjang.com

News Update: ZZOOzzoo(BoAjjang.com)

Writeup/Editing: ZZOOzzoo(BoAjjang.com)

News/Image Source: NewsEn

Guest astarael

Thank you for the news, ZZOOzzoo!

BoA's such a smart girl. It seems like she's really thought about college and has things planned out for now.

I think we've all kind of noticed that she's a bit distant with people she doesn't know well and she's introverted, but I totally understand why. It's true that school does help teach people how to socialize, and BoA never spent enough time in school to really learn.

Thank you to everyone for the BoA pictures!

She looked great in all of them. I especially like how she looked in Make A Secret; just gorgeous.

I hope she wins that Super Korean poll. I wish I could vote because I would absolutely love to see an animated documentary of BoA.

Guest hanjin90

Thanx ZZOOzzoo

many top colleges in Korea would gladly accept her just for her name value

i find it odd, accept a student just because of the fame???

well, she can pursue any college education when she wants. She's now a singer. Tat's exactly what she wanted when she was a child, she's following her dream now. And i'm glad tat she feels happy for doing tat

whatever she does,i always support ^

Thanx again ZZOOzzoo

Guest vaan15

thanks for the translation!

That's what I like about BoA - she's TRUE and yeah, Straight to the point :D

She's the type of person who wouldn't do 'Something' just for the sake of doing that 'Something'.

Guest hikki88
BoA, who is now considered an adult, has been chosen to be the last singer to star on Mnet's special show "21C Artist." This program's main focus is to reveal stars' story in becoming an adult and their views upon entering the adult society.

"I was very lonely when I first went to Japan. I didn’t have friends or family to be with me. The first Japanese word I learned there was '淚' or tears," stated BoA as she expressed her lonely life in Japan. BoA stated that she has started to express her true feelings and emotions of pain through her ballads such as Winter Love after becoming an adult. This is something she has come to cherish as she could indirectly express and let out her pains and sufferings to her loving fans.

When asked if BoA was considering on going to university, BoA stated that she did not have any plans any time soon. "Many people attend school to be an active member of society. However, I feel that a good education is not very important for my job. Rather, the effort and passion is something I can really show to my fans. Although I missed out on the norm of school education, I have experienced being out in society: something not many people experience at such a young age. Thus, I have no regrets. Furthermore, since I am so busy, I would be a 'ghost student,' not being able to attend most of the time. It’s useless to attend when I’ll miss out most of the time because I won’t learn anything. Thus, I am planning to attend university when time permits in the future to carry out my studies." BoA declared in her interview.

BoA ended the interview by stating, "I feel that all of Korea's citizens are watching my progress as a singer. I don't want to tell them to view me in a specific way but I hope that those that do look over me know that I am always trying my best."

Credits: BoA's House - www.boashouse.com

Source: Osen - www.osen.co.kr

Image: BoA's House - www.boashouse.com

i read the news at bj too..

but everytime i'll find bh's news gave me closer look or more "feelings" towards boa

but again.. thats totally me ^^ !!

well at least she did complete her secondary school education

no worries BOA.. u've score a CGPA 4 for singing and dancing and distinction for being a passionate singer..woooh..

Guest KuYA II

BoA is very true to her words i know shes a smart women ^^. I'm kind of glad that she didn't go to those college that accepted her just because of her "fame" usually college people want that so it makes more students go to their college etc.

Go BoA we will support you with whatever decision you make!!! =)

Guest jessiep

I saw this at Boajjang, and thi's what I thought.

The title is somewhat misleading for me. At first, I thought that she said that college education is "meaningless" in general. I was like "uhm.....". However, that thought was crossed out after I remembered what she said in her past interviews and after I finished reading this article translation. I totally agree with BoA's point of view regarding of college education need at this period of her lifetime. She's too busy for getting a degree now, and she already has a great career. Besides, getting a college degree without having an interest in that field/major for the sake of having a degree is pointless. In my opinion, getting a college degree is meaningful when it comes down to these 2 things: 1) It is for your career/job; 2) It is because you want to gain/learn of knowledge of your interests.

ps: BoA is super pretty and cute in MAS, and I love the song and the MV. I know MAS is not liked by many fans though :(

Guest KuYA II

^

yeah that is true

but i'm not one of those fans hehehe i enjoy this song a lot maybe cuz its not that danceable and its like a nice steady beat. I also like the music video of it and she looks great in it!! ^^ i don't know till now i'm still not used to Sweet Impact yet...

Guest jessiep

^^Sweet Impact is decent, and its chorus is the best part. For MAS, it's a good song overall. Also, BoA appeared taller and more boyish in MAS than in SI. That may be why SI haven't caught up with you yet :)

Anyway, I love both dance routines of these songs, and BoA looks "very cool" in both MVs.

Guest wateva
Thank you for the news, ZZOOzzoo!

BoA's such a smart girl. It seems like she's really thought about college and has things planned out for now.

I think we've all kind of noticed that she's a bit distant with people she doesn't know well and she's introverted, but I totally understand why. It's true that school does help teach people how to socialize, and BoA never spent enough time in school to really learn.

Thank you to everyone for the BoA pictures!

She looked great in all of them. I especially like how she looked in Make A Secret; just gorgeous.

I hope she wins that Super Korean poll. I wish I could vote because I would absolutely love to see an animated documentary of BoA.

yeah at least everybody NOW knows she doesnt have only air upstairs, cause i read alot of comments on other sites saying 'shes like a robot and isnt able to think for herself' blah blah blah

and WE fans all know she has a great intellect :D

BoA being a star at such a young age does have her disadvantages and what not, but it sure made her one tough little cookie :tongue2:

at first i thought 'make a secret' was as annoying as hell! cause she basically sung the whole song in high-cringy-worthy- falsetto, but then i watched her live perfs and now when i listen to her 'outgrow' album i dont skip it, i put it on repeat sometimes and she looks really gorgeous in the pv btw

eventhough 'sweet impact' isnt doing so well in the charts, ima lovin that song!! it makes me smile and wanna start dancing for some retarded reason....yes its a generic jpop song and theres nothing amazing about it..

but i dont know...when she starts singing "whatchu feel whatchu see" i start singing along with her :blush:

her ENGRISH is sooo cute!

okay end BoA rant

Guest KhmerGuy231

I'm a HUGE BoA fan, but I found what she said to be so unambitious of her. People do go to college to futher themselves and gain a successful career (which BoA has already established), but that's not the only thing people go to college for. People go to school to LEARN. Status isn't the only thing that comes with a degree, but also knowledge. (I thought she wanted to study photography?)

^ That was in response to the article ZZOOzzoo posted.

Now lets not all go bashing me all of a sudden, like I said, I'm a big BoA fan and hell, I would probably do the same thing she does and not pursue college for the time being, but to call it 'meaningless?' Eh.

BTW, when was the 1st post edited on the first page? I like the graphic!

Guest LazyAzian

^

It's MEANINGLESS to HER because in the entertainment industry nobody bothers if you have a college degree or not because they all look for the ability and such that you have. BoA's not saying college is meaningless in general, she's sayign that it's meaningless to her AND BoA ONLY because her job doesn't bother about those kind of things.

Guest xyunaxfantasiesx

I'm a HUGE BoA fan, but I found what she said to be so unambitious of her. People do go to college to futher themselves and gain a successful career (which BoA has already established), but that's not the only thing people go to college for. People go to school to LEARN. Status isn't the only thing that comes with a degree, but also knowledge. (I thought she wanted to study photography?)

Now lets not all go bashing me all of a sudden, like I said, I'm a big BoA fan and hell, I would probably do the same thing she does and not pursue college for the time being, but to call it 'meaningless?' Eh.

When I first read the tile I thought the same thing as jessiep and I can see how you, KhmerGuy231, could think that but if you pay close attention to the article BoA isn't saying that college is 'meaningless' in general. She's saying that it's meaningless to her because she has already accomplished what she want to; she has already meant her "dream" and furthermore because she is always working, she'll miss most of the classes so theres no point in her going to college.

In reference to the article at BH.

I really like the fact that she's always trying her best. "However, I feel that a good education is not very important for my job. Rather, the effort and passion is something I can really show to my fans."

Guest nence

just finished watching the hb part of boa's performance and i gotta to say i love it. can't stop rewatching it.

Guest winG*

The point of university, as you said, is to LEARN. BoA is saying that if she was enrolled in a uni, she wouldn't even have time to attend class...so it would be meaningless because she wouldn't be able to learn anything properly. She's not saying that it's meaningless because she's already rich and successful and doesn't need the degree for her career. [Not bashing at all. Just furthering the discussion^^]

She has a good head on her shoulders...I like how she's not in university. She mentioned in an interview 1 or 2 years ago that she didn't start university because she doesn't want to start anything she can't put 100% into. University is always available to her...her career is what she needs to focus on at the moment. I like how she does things because she wants to and is able to put all her effort into...not because it sounds better or is good for her image. <3

Guest KhmerGuy231

To winG*

Got it, thanks for clarification, you understood exactly what I was looking at, and I understand where everyone else is coming from too.

The whole situation is different if you bring the "attendance" part of it.

I sound like Dr. Phil ^_^ lol

Archived