B O A (보아) * Official Thread

Guest jnnfr

Guest splendidlure

Is this Kouhaku? Or something like that. ^^;

yepp. it's the Kohaku Uta Gassen. i think my article is a korean article so it's the "kohaku uta gassen" translated to korean =/

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

^ She has two brothers, and one of them is a music video director. His name is 권순욱 (Kwon Soon Wook). I have no clue what her other brother's and parents' names are, or what they do.

She went to Yangjung Elementary School, Sahmyook Middle School (only went here for 1 year), and then moved to Korean Kent Foreign School. She did graduate high school in the foreign school.

She took the test to get into college in 2002 and passed.

Did you check out wikipedia pages on BoA? They have some info about her too.

I did but I only see info about her music career.

Thanks for the info. So was the info you provided was off of wiki? Cuz I don't see it there.

Guest KimchiLand

For those of you that live in the US, don't you think that the dress in one of the winter 2007 TJ Maxx commercials is the same as the pink dress in BoA's Lose Your Mind MV?

Guest astarael

Hey, thank you to everyone for keeping this thread alive and sharing BoA news and blog translations. :]

- I'm sad that her single isn't doing better; I think it was probably her best Japanese single this year, and she worked really hard on it. But it's okay, BoA will bounce back from it.

- I've always wanted a pair of BoA's star earrings. I was going to get my cartilage pierced just so I could wear it like her, but my parents don't like me ordering things online. :[

I need info on BoA's family. Does anyone know know her parents' and siblings' names and occupation?

For her education, she only attended up to junior high?

I also need quotes from and about her. So could some of you post up your favorite quotes by BoA or quotes about her that was made by someone else. I greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm doing this a for a project for my web class. I'm doing a website on BoA.

I remember I looked some of this up on Naver.

Father: Kwon Jae Cheol (권재철)- I read that he's a business executive/business man. I think he'd be about 54 years old now, two years older than his wife.

Mother: I've seen two different names. On naver, they have Seong Young Ja (성영자). At BJJ, they have Jang Gi Ja (장기자). She's a housewife.

Brother #1: Kwon Soon Hwon (권순훤) - he's 6 years older than BoA and a talented pianist. I read that he's been a piano teacher to several SM artists.

Brother #2: Kwon Soon Wook (권순욱) - he's 5 years older than BoA and a music video director. However, he is also a breakdancer/street dancer and owns a jewelry business.

And Wing made several topics on Soompi, two of them have quotes about BoA, the third has quotes by BoA.

Asia's Star, BoA: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

I posted a while back about a certain NO.1 performance. I was looking around BJJ and saw these caps by Duffle for the video "BoA - 030204 Music Q saengkyoo interview, dance rehearsal". :] Does it look familiar to anyone?

578269a68e4b44fac8797324defebef18c4.jpg

i'm guessing that LYM isn't selling all that well because the public knows that it'll be on her next album?

whatever. album sales are more important than single sales anyway... :]

Hey, thank you to everyone for keeping this thread alive and sharing BoA news and blog translations. :]

- I'm sad that her single isn't doing better; I think it was probably her best Japanese single this year, and she worked really hard on it. But it's okay, BoA will bounce back from it.

- I've always wanted a pair of BoA's star earrings. I was going to get my cartilage pierced just so I could wear it like her, but my parents don't like me ordering things online. :[

I remember I looked some of this up on Naver.

Father: Kwon Jae Cheol (권재철)- I read that he's a business executive/business man. I think he'd be about 54 years old now, two years older than his wife.

Mother: I've seen two different names. On naver, they have Seong Young Ja (성영자). At BJJ, they have Jang Gi Ja (장기자). She's a housewife.

Brother #1: Kwon Soon Hwon (권순훤) - he's 6 years older than BoA and a talented pianist. I read that he's been a piano teacher to several SM artists.

Brother #2: Kwon Soon Wook (권순욱) - he's 5 years older than BoA and a music video director. However, he is also a breakdancer/street dancer and owns a jewelry business.

And Wing made several topics on Soompi, two of them have quotes about BoA, the third has quotes by BoA.

Asia's Star, BoA: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

I posted a while back about a certain NO.1 performance. I was looking around BJJ and saw these caps by Duffle for the video "BoA - 030204 Music Q saengkyoo interview, dance rehearsal". :] Does it look familiar to anyone?

578269a68e4b44fac8797324defebef18c4.jpg

Thank you very much for your help! :)

I know BoA has said that she enjoyed singing and dancing when she was younger but has she ever mention about having another dream or goal in life?

Once again thank you Astareal and sweetsmile for your help. :)

I did but I only see info about her music career.

Thanks for the info. So was the info you provided was off of wiki? Cuz I don't see it there.

No, I didn't get them from wiki. I got them from some korean sites? Just google "BoA Korean Kent Foreign School" and there should be some English sites about her schooling.

Guest amy_jacinth

hello,everyone,just want to ask some question.

does anyone having problem in browsing boajjang.com

i can't browse since today.

i'm also trying to find boa's korea concert clips,ok,i know is a bit late to ask for this,but since i'm only get addicted to boa recently,those who have it please pm me the link,thank you~~~

well,as to the sale going down,no matter what,boa is still world recognised korean singer.

before i started listening to all these korean and japanese songs, all i know is boa

even people out there that don't listen to kpop and jpop would know who boa is

that shows that her popularity is way higher than other artist.

:)

Guest hyeminnie

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u293/jhya/BT.gif

^^ taken from part two in the quotes about boa... credits to wing*

anyone know where this is from?

i believe that was taken from the 2005 KMF concert in the summer. she performed a song with dbsk and csjh.

i want those earing so bad!!!

it is pretty!!

i wanted the gold ones like the kind BoA has, but i can't find it on a reliable site T.T

hey guys i can't access boajjang :tears:

me neither... maybe they're doing updates.

Guest jessiep

Well, BoA's single sale numbers don't look good but she's still an established well-known artist throughout Japan. LYM and its MV are great to us, but then they aren't to most of the Japanese listeners. I hope that it'll get to to ~30-35K as the total sale.

I hope there'll be some news/pics about her perf at her brother's show tomorrow!!!

hello,everyone,just want to ask some question.

does anyone having problem in browsing boajjang.com

i can't browse since today.

I had the same problem, and it's still down at the moment!

ps: I've been having On Dec. 27th and LYM on the repeat :)

I am obsessed with LYM and On December 27!!!!

well im not the latest new so whats happening

in December 27? is that the 6 straight row BoA

is going to be performing if so then i love her

last year performance "brand new beat" XD

hopefully BoA can top her last year performance

Guest Kristtina

oh i also cant enter boajjang,lol,it makes me soo frustrating,hope its just a small techncal prob or smth and soon it will be over.

moreover,talking about LYM,1stly i was shocked with the song,cuz it was soo ordinary to me,but later on it just grew on me,also hope that her single sellings will be highe until the end of the year,however, maybe people dont buy single cuz they know that those songs on single also be on her upcoming japanese album next year???

Archived