B O A (보아) * Official Thread

Guest jnnfr

Guest LazyAzian

I'm guessing no ones excited about the Japanese album . . ?

Errr I think BoA should release a Korean album too, but for now

I think everyone should support on her Japanese activities rather than complaining about it.

If BoA can't maintain her Japanese popularity, BoA will surely loose a lot of $$.

BoA's Japanese activities is part of the reason why SM has a lot of $$.

BoA's English is OK, just needs tweaking in the grammar. Who said you can't be

successful in America with an accent? Shakira and Ziyi Zhang has thick accents,

look at them down, still very popular.

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AiJae

Hi guys!!i'm new here!!hehe..I like Boa too but not that much..i love watching her dance and honestlyat first i thought she's a Japanese but it turns out not..hehe...

Date of Birth : 5th November 1986

Place of Birth : Guri, South Korea

Height : 160cm

Religion : Catholic

Debut: : August 25, 1986

anyway, can someone pls correct the debut date??it stated here on August 25,1986 but she's not born yet on that day.so pls make the correction so that no one is confuse..i am confused as i dont really know when she was debuted :sweatingbullets: ..thanx ya!!

erm..can anyone tell me what are you guys discussing about??i'm a lil outdated here...and i cant keep track on the topic as the thread are moving too fast.. :blush:

Guest BoALoveS

New post on her blog, I translated it.

Now I'm trying to compose my own music in Korea.

2007-07-17_01.jpg

In the middle of this era that is changing so fast but where I always see my neighbors like they never change, i can just feel peaceful and rest my mind.

This is a place very animated and actives named Chung Dam Dong.

I hope all rumors are totally fakes, but I think it is, because remember last month, BoA post on her blog that she went to korea, and then return to japan. Don't you think it is for a recording ? If she already record some songs, why would her release 'em next year ?? It is foolish !

Oh my god, please tell me this is a FALSE news Suejiinners. I dont want her to go make a U.S debut and a freaking ugly Japanese single. WHY WHY WHY LORD! I want her to have the greatest Korean comeback EVER. I also wanted her to particpate in this years Korean Music Festival Awards! WHYNESS! Gay ness! I am so sad......

I am 10 times more sad that she is not going to be in that drama...with that guy from goong right? Wait, JJH is the prince who got with YEH or whatever right? WAH! This sucks!

Guest Jina!

As I was reading through I got so excited about the drama rumor because the role sounded so good! I preferred an album, but if she was to make her acting debut that drama sounded like a good choice. So then I got all excited.

But then it was false, and then... she's postponing her Korean album??!?!!? For another year??!?? I'm so upset right now! We've been waiting for her 6th Korean album for two years, and now it might be three? I hope that's just another rumor... I don't really want to her debut in the U.S., just like I don't want Rain or Se7en to. I don't think the U.S. market is completely ready for an Asian artist. Nor do I like the image and style most American singers, especially the girls, have. And she'll need to brush up on her English... it seems good enough for casual conversations, but she'll have to get rid of her accent and widen her vocabulary, especially with all the silly slang Americans use. I know Shakira has an accent, but most people think it's sexy and whatnot. A Korean accent would be harder to make seem attractive, because a lot of people have set images of people with Asian accents. BoA would be my top choice (and Korea's, it seems, because didn't she get the most votes for a poll a few months ago about a similar situation?) for a Korean female artist to debut in the States, but still...

In her latest blog, though, it says that she's composing her own music in Korea? And she told Yoon Do Hyun that she'll be making her comeback later this year... it seems like such a sudden change if she's preparing for a U.S. debut now and pushing her 6th album back another year. Hopefully it's just another rumor... I was looking forward to her comeback so much, we fans have been waiting for it for ages. I was sure she would amaze us once again and that the wait would be worth it. And I'm sure it would be worth it for another year too, but still, it's another freaking year to wait! And if she does make this debut she'll be even more tired and stressed out juggling three careers.

Let's just pray it's a rumor and that we'll be seeing her in Korean soon.

Thanks for the news and pictures and such everyone.

<333

Guest kayem7289

BOA IN THE US?!!!!!

I live in the US and I would die happily if I got to see her around here, but I really don't want her to debut in the US!

The markets here are too close-minded, they're not going to simply accept a new artist from another country.

Unless she conforms to what is "hot" here, there's no way she'll stand up. That means she'll have to start wearing even shorter mini-skirts, more risque outfits and get started on those down-lows and trampy dance routines. I do not want to see BoA lower herself to the American standards!!!

Plus, her English is not good enough. Men will praise her for being a "hot Asian girl," but she'll always get panned for having an accent. Look at what happened to Utada Hikaru a few years back. She is one of Japan's jpop queens, and even knows English fluently, but yet she was a total failure (It was better that Hikki failed since her Japanese music is waaaaaaay better).

Sorry for sounding selfish, but please send BoA back to Korea so she can bless us with new material again. She's losing more and more fans as the days pass, and to send her off to America would make the netizens feel even more "abandoned" by her. It would be okay to postpone her album oonly if she is actually going to be in a drama because we all know now that a drama can propel someone's career just-like-that (YEH, Bi, etc.). Keep Asia's princess in Asia please!

Guest lovesaffinity

Maybe SM's pushing her debut in US because they want her to be the first, big, Korean star. There are so many people planning to debut in the US, SM probably doesn't want BoA to take the backseat. He probably wants her to lead the pack as she did in Japan. But I agree, BoA's Korean comeback is loooong overdue. I'm sure she, as much as anyone, wants to make her comeback in Korea, too.

^If that's the case, I hope he would have second thoughts about it. What's gonna happen if she's the first to debut and fails? It'll be pretty hard to shed the name, 'The-First-Asian-To-Debut-But-Failed'.

Hi guys!!i'm new here!!hehe..I like Boa too but not that much..i love watching her dance and honestlyat first i thought she's a Japanese but it turns out not..hehe...

anyway, can someone pls correct the debut date??it stated here on August 25,1986 but she's not born yet on that day.so pls make the correction so that no one is confuse..i am confused as i dont really know when she was debuted :sweatingbullets: ..thanx ya!!

erm..can anyone tell me what are you guys discussing about??i'm a lil outdated here...and i cant keep track on the topic as the thread are moving too fast.. :blush:

Hi there! Welcome to the thread. Lol .. I didn't even notice that. :P

Thanks BoALoveS for the translations! Ooh! She's trying to compose her own songs in Korea? I'm really looking forward to it cause her Japanese ones sounds great! I wish BoA would clarify all these rumors in her blog ..

Guest hanjin90

her debut in Korean on August 25, 2000

----------------------------------------------------

i'm still sad 'bout her plan debut in US but she said in her recent blog tat she's in Korea now & composing her own music, i really hope tat it's for Korean album T.T

thanx BoALoveS for the translation

Guest talksound

i'm not sure if it's the issue of her being ready or not, but honestly, her english is definitely not up to par or even close. the accent is thick. but that's not an issue.

the us will rip her into shreds. she won't be easily accepted. ( i agree with everything everyone else has mentioned ) sm is making an unwise decision. and if she

is korean, it's more reasonable to send her back to HER country where she speaks HER language and starts singing songs in korean again. i'm sure many of her

fans are no longer as into her as before and it's all cause of the japan deal. us should be at the BOTTOM of the list.

no US for BoA please...

i wish that she could just really start making a korean album right now.

before debuting in US, she should practice her english first.

i'm disappointed...

but still, hope everyone still supports BoA whatever she does.

but didn't LSM say he doesn't want BoA to debut in US or something.

since he thinks China is going to be the next US or something.

i'm not sure.

Guest hanjin90
but didn't LSM say he doesn't want BoA to debut in US or something.

since he thinks China is going to be the next US or something.

i'm not sure.

uhm, i'm not sure, he used to want BoA to enter Chinese market, but for now he wants her to debut in US T.T

i dun know what's exactly he thinking? T.T i just hope she will has at least a Korean single in this year

Guest kayem7289

Yeah, LSM said once that he didn't need his clients to ever debut in the US because China would soon become the next USA anyway. Which is ridiculous, it's not going to happen in any of our life times (In my opinion). Honestly, I'd rather just her enter China so that she wouldn't have such long flights going back and forth. Unless she stayed in California all the time, the rides back and forth would be very hectic U_U. All I know is that BoA needs some rest, TOO MUCH promotion can actually be a bad thing.

Guest blessed

i just saw the words. 'korean album' & 'postponed' & screamed my head off. someone tell me THIS IS NOT TRUE!! anyone? sigh;;

we have waited LONG ENOUGH. WE WANT BOA BACK!

NEW PAGE! happy 379th everyone! ehee....

68lascz.jpg

haha sorry nothing new to share!!.... & a frickin huge picture. lols imma go change it.

ladida. changed it!!

BoA unnie.. whatever you choose to do,, HWAITING!

Guest hanjin90

*sighed*

so, her newest stuff will be Japanese single??? i think it will be "Beautiful flower" or " Smile again"

and now i just hope tat WS's album will come out soon & he wont postponed it T.T

he must know tat his fans & BoA's fans have been waiting since May T.T

Guest hikki88

im so dissapointed..

i came back here after few days of struggling doing my assignments+quizes+presentations and i read her korean album is postponed..

can someone just shoot me now? -_-

Guest V-ni@star

it is a rumour.

but i happy becos she will comeback with her korean album in korea.

i do like seeing boa act, but i think the new album first then consider some good drama for her

Archived